Both Quarry anniversary events cancelled (January 25, 2024)

Tomorrow's show in Anaheim is canceled according to Ticketmaster :(

LA show is still on for now...

Posted by SOSB:

27th is cancelled as per Kia Forum twitter.

Links posted by Famous when dead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else think the cancellations might have been a reaction to Johnny Marr getting all that attention over the trump rally? It seems very on brand for Morrissey to always want to be the center of things.

"He said he wants to befriend me.. which means he can't possibly know me. The voices of the real and the imagined cry:
'The future is passing you by!
The future is passing you by!'
So how can anybody possibly think they know how I feel? Everybody look and see pain and walk away.. and as for you, in your uniform, your smelly uniform.. and so you think you can be rude to me because you wear a uniform, a smelly uniform.. and so you think you can be rude to me!
But even, I as sick as I am, I would never be you. Even I as sick as I am
I would never be you. Even I, sick and depraved, a traveler to the grave, I would never be you.. I would never be you."

This is something that is really troubling. He had no intention of showing up.
This has occurred a few times lately. He appears somewhere completely different to where he was meant to be at that time.

That's even more deceitful given it indicates he knew gigs weren't going ahead way earlier than people were told which could've saved people a tonne of time, effort and money.

This has occurred a few times lately. He appears somewhere completely different to where he was meant to be at that time.

That's even more deceitful given it indicates he knew gigs weren't going ahead way earlier than people were told which could've saved people a tonne of time, effort and money.
On a much smaller scale, but when he cancelled Nottingham, his band were still there telling anyone who would listen that he was “sick in a hotel in London”

I hope he gets better, but stop booking gigs etc.

On a much smaller scale, but when he cancelled Nottingham, his band were still there telling anyone who would listen that he was “sick in a hotel in London”

I hope he gets better, but stop booking gigs etc.
That is so messed up. They must feel pressured to do it which is wrong. They have to have suspicions that it's not illness when it keeps happening.

The fact that he's not in the city he was meant to be in when he cancels might not always be indicative of deceit but when it's repeatedly occurring it starts seeming fishy. It seems like he didn't even bother trying.

Me too. I hope if he is exhausted or unwell he feels better soon. At this point, he's just destroying his legacy if he keeps this up. Hopefully time off will help.

She Wants Revenge on cancelled Quarry shows

She Wants Revenge -who were supposed to support Morrissey on both You Are The Quarry shows- posted two statements on their Instagram account. And quite naturally they don't sound happy about the cancellations.

She Wants Revenge on cancelled Quarry shows

She Wants Revenge -who were supposed to support Morrissey on both You Are The Quarry shows- posted two statements on their Instagram account. And quite naturally they don't sound happy about the cancellations.

They’re not bitter at all.

sassy trailer park boys GIF

Does anyone else think the cancellations might have been a reaction to Johnny Marr getting all that attention over the trump rally? It seems very on brand for Morrissey to always want to be the center of things.
All what attention? Outside of this group and Marr’s own social media I doubt anyone even cares!

Rest?

he hasn’t recorded in more than a year, he hasn’t toured for several months and the tours he does do are short with at least two dates between gigs.

he literally lives in 5 star hotel suites and flies first class.

God help him if he ever had a real job.
He toured in December 🙄

I was responding to someone who was saying "you guys who defend him and say he touched your hearts make me cringe, you're mentally ill losers." I'm just offering: maybe we understand him a little better on a personal level, maybe that's why we're more forgiving. Consider the possibility that all these factors contributing to what you see as "a very ugly and undignified end" were the same the same factors that made the art so great in the first place. It's Van Gogh's ear.

...as the world becomes more addictive, the two senses in which one can live a normal life will be driven ever further apart. One sense of "normal" is statistically normal: what everyone else does. The other is the sense we mean when we talk about the normal operating range of a piece of machinery: what works best.

These two senses are already quite far apart. Already someone trying to live well would seem eccentrically abstemious in most of the US. That phenomenon is only going to become more pronounced. You can probably take it as a rule of thumb from now on that if people don't think you're weird, you're living badly...

-
https://www.paulgraham.com/addiction.html

The Trump rally and Marr reaction did get brought during the The Late show with Stephen Colbert monologue, but no, i don't think Morrissey really cares about it.
I dunno. I wonder. Remember how he and Johnny were briefly stirred up by the student photographed in a Smiths T shirt at that demo outside Parliament? This has to land too - but not in a good way.

If that riles Morrissey, he could always give an interview. Or even acknowledge the debacle on his home page.

I'm trying to understand what you're saying... is it that he's been working too hard and deserves a break? You're aware of how many concerts he's canceled (AKA not performed... AKA didn't work those nights) in just the last few months, right? I agree he should take a break and regroup but not because he's been in any way overworked.
people whining about Moz canceling shows is ridiculous. I've seen him 7 times and he cancelled once - but he's always had a reputation for canceling. but my bigger point is that I remember hearing How Soon is Now (for the first time) in the club in Santa Barbara...in 1985! I quickly fell in love with the Smiths back then. I first saw him in 1991, in Berkeley, and last saw him in 2022, in Oakland...he's had an incredible run and given us so much great music...he's got nothing to prove. He should just retire, maybe do a one-off show here or there, but enjoy what time he has left. Morrissey has given us so much; people should just be thankful and stop whining.

No, this is not that place and you trying to make Solo a place that it is not won't work. You don't like the posters here and you don't like the moderators here and you don't like the rules here, so get the F out and go start your own site. David and the others work hard here and they tell us what is acceptable and what is not and you don't get a say in it, so leave. This site is owned and run by a man who is banned from seeing Morrissey live because Morrissey does not like this site. Where are your complaints about free speech there? Why do you find that acceptable? Go away.
banned from seeing Morrissey live. :ROFLMAO:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom