Morrissey concert in Auckland, NZ - cancelled

The Auckland show in two nights time has been cancelled. This was to be the last concert of the current tour.

Information from the promoter:

This event has been CANCELLED...

Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey
on Thursday 14 December at The Civic has been cancelled.

A message from the presenter:

“We regret to advise the Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey show scheduled for Thursday 14 December at The Civic, Auckland will no longer be proceeding due to unforeseen logistical issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
All ticket holders will receive an automatic refund as per the information below.

Media items:

I had a feeling this would happen.

The Auckland show in two nights time has been cancelled. This was to be the last concert of the current tour.

“We regret to advise the Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey show scheduled for Thursday 14 December at The Civic, Auckland will no longer be proceeding due to unforeseen logistical issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
All ticket holders will receive an automatic refund as per the information below.
He’s such a prick. I’m $1000 out of pocket. No patience or understanding. He’s just heading home early because he’s a curmudgeon.

heartbroken in Auckland... for all of you moaning about setlists, band members etc just spare a thought for all of us in NZ, doubt very much he will grace these shores again...

Crazy how these issues continue to be "unforeseen" and not foreseen issues to be worked out. (sarcasm)

Last edited:
Crazy how these issues continue to be "unforeseen" and not foreseen issues to be worked out.
Lets have the honest conversation, he just picks and chooses what he turns up to. The flip side to that is the venue size continues to get smaller and smaller as his audience gradually walks away.

I just ran into Morrissey in Sydney about 5 minutes after getting the cancellation message for Auckland. He was not in a great mood, didn’t want to speak or get a photo etc. I told him it was a great show last night. He didn’t give me eye contact or a thank you (not that I am owed anything!) - however the security he was with was absolutely lovely.
Can someone remind me why I am so obsessed with him? …anyway can someone give me recommendations on things to do in NZ? Lol

Well, a bunch of racists some fans have posted about how great it is to have his fanbase reduced to a hardcore that will be with him until he isn't saying anything they can claim is racist forever.

And I don't think that's working out either economically or in terms of his mental health.

Morrissey's just cancelled Auckland. OMG - I've lost so much money (HK, Perth and now NZ!)

I'm gutted he's cancelled but I suspected this would happen. Took a chance and regretted it, won't bother again. Very inconvenient when you live a flight away from the only date scheduled in NZ

Just new it what a let down, flights we can’t cancel half way across New Zealand, accommodation we can’t cancel,very disappointing.

I was due to fly to NZ tomorrow for the concert so I can add now Auckland to my list of wasted trips in the past month (Hong Kong, Perth). I'm certainly not rich but Morrissey hasn't been to my part of the world since 2016 so I was trying to get to as many concerts as I could.

What type of scam is Morrissey running? Does he get some type of insurance payment or interest on ticket sales? A cancellation fee? What is the scheme?

IMG_4425.jpeg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom