Morrissey concert in Auckland, NZ - cancelled

The Auckland show in two nights time has been cancelled. This was to be the last concert of the current tour.

Information from the promoter:

This event has been CANCELLED...

Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey
on Thursday 14 December at The Civic has been cancelled.

A message from the presenter:

“We regret to advise the Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey show scheduled for Thursday 14 December at The Civic, Auckland will no longer be proceeding due to unforeseen logistical issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
All ticket holders will receive an automatic refund as per the information below.

Media items:

I am sure it must be very frustrating for them as artists. I am sure they want to play and be creative. I think touring is difficult and tiring and not the thrill that some people think it is. Living in hotels, out of suitcases and eating at restaurants 3x per day gets old pretty quickly. I imagine they get bored silly.
Yes, and in posting photos from New Zealand I'm sure they were trying to show their appreciation of that country, which they would have expressed in person if the concert had gone ahead, as well as showing that, whatever the reason for the cancellation, it wasn't due to them as they were present and ready to perform. As far as I'm aware, none of the band members, past or present, have told the fans what's really going on when things go wrong so I assume they're as much in the dark as we are.

Juan:
juangaleanotoro-16122023-0001.jpg

Brendan:

(The Creation Of Adam image confirms NZ for him too).

Somehow, I can't capture one of Brendan's images to put here. I just wanted to know what's with the money shot? (Ahem)

Of course he’s paying for flights and hotel, he probably couldn’t get them cancelled either like his ticket holders who travelled.

Yeah, I guess it’s all contractual, for the band members that is.

When he posted the above photos, it was pretty clear to me what hotel they're staying at, as I live nearby, so i went and had a walk and bumped into them and had a chat.

View attachment 98839I hate seeing this post to his Aussie fans, it makes me so upset!
Apparently us Kiwi's are Unloveable....

As the notifier of the Perth show cancelled situation on this forum, I can share (with condolences) that Oz shows can be equally unloveable. In Perth we had 8 hours notice of the cancellation - and many people travelled a long way in a big state to see a sold out gig. Flights/accommodation etc. Moz had the audacity at his first Mebourne show to blame the Perth venue for promoting the gig as 'nostalgic' ... when the truth is he flew straight to melbourne and simply decided to skip the show. So it's not you - it's all of us. I happened to be in Sydney after this to see a great final gig - and i felt torn being there because, frankly, Moz treats fans with equivalent contempt.

In your own German bubble, maybe :)

His most popular song is Town Called Malice, which isn’t even close to the popularity of This Charming Man, How Soon is Now of There Is a Light That Never Goes out.

You vastly underestimate The Smiths’, and Morrissey’s, worldwide popularity.

Weller doesn’t visit those ‘exotic places’ because there is very little demand for him there.
Yes, but when Morrissey books 'exotic' places he cancels 30% regardless - stuff those exotic fans

Everybody knows "Shout to the top". Not everybody knows "There is a light...".
For me, Weller is more popular and nevertheless he is clever enough not to tour the most exotic places because he thinks everybody wants to see him.
Weller has a label who will release his albums and they last 2 went to number 1, let's see Morrissey do that.......wait :D Morrissey can't get a label to release his material and has 2 unreleased albums, I think Weller wins.

When he posted the above photos, it was pretty clear to me what hotel they're staying at, as I live nearby, so i went and had a walk and bumped into them and had a chat.
Maybe you could spill the beans in coded form - say for exanple post a pic of a first aid kit if you were told of any sickness, or a Peanuts cartoon if it's a case of depression, or a condom packet if it's more like couldn't give a f*ck/too busy f*cking (they amount to the same thing essentially!)?

(y)

Yes, it is always a choice. But some here on solo think Morrissey is holding a gun to people’s heads forcing them to make the ‘bad’ decisions they make. Lol!
Is someone holding a gun to your head making you shit talk posters all the time? Most of the rest of us are here to talk about Morrissey, the good and the bad. Did you ever think that if you are the super fan you claim to be that you should not even post here since Morrissey disapproves of this site? Why are you so wrapped up in what everyone else thinks about Morrissey? Why don't you find someplace more suited to your delicate sensibilities. Morrissey has been doing nothing but f***ing up and people are goiog to talk about it.

Is someone holding a gun to your head making you shit talk posters all the time? Most of the rest of us are here to talk about Morrissey, the good and the bad. Did you ever think that if you are the super fan you claim to be that you should not even post here since Morrissey disapproves of this site? Why are you so wrapped up in what everyone else thinks about Morrissey? Why don't you find someplace more suited to your delicate sensibilities. Morrissey has been doing nothing but f***ing up and people are goiog to talk about it.
Dear posters, could we talk in a gentle and kind way to each other please? 🕊 Let us not forget that we are on a site dedicated to a poet -a special one but bevertheless...

have given Morrissey the benefit of the doubt in the last decade or so - after every cancellation and every stupid statement because of what he has given me in terms of music over the years - but enough is enough now - shocking treatment of the people of NZ and his fans there - judging by the number of responses to this item on here I think we are all very disappointed in him now

have given Morrissey the benefit of the doubt in the last decade or so - after every cancellation and every stupid statement because of what he has given me in terms of music over the years - but enough is enough now - shocking treatment of the people of NZ and his fans there - judging by the number of responses to this item on here I think we are all very disappointed in him now
And don't forget the people from Perth. And southeast Asia. And Nottingham. All treated equally apallingly. Let's see if Latin Americans will join that list next February.

I think the chickens may be coming home to roost even in his beloved LA.

Somehow, I can't capture one of Brendan's images to put here. I just wanted to know what's with the money shot? (Ahem)
Sometimes when you are at the Auckland Airport, security asks if they can put $10,000 on your trolley to see if the sniffer dogs can find it. It is part of the dog's training - hence the picture of the dog and the $$$. We are limited to bringing in less than $10,000 cash by air.

As the notifier of the Perth show cancelled situation on this forum, I can share (with condolences) that Oz shows can be equally unloveable. In Perth we had 8 hours notice of the cancellation - and many people travelled a long way in a big state to see a sold out gig. Flights/accommodation etc. Moz had the audacity at his first Mebourne show to blame the Perth venue for promoting the gig as 'nostalgic' ... when the truth is he flew straight to melbourne and simply decided to skip the show. So it's not you - it's all of us. I happened to be in Sydney after this to see a great final gig - and i felt torn being there because, frankly, Moz treats fans with equivalent contempt.
He didn't "blame the Perth venue for promoting the gig as 'nostalgic' as a reason for cancelling, just said their use of that category was not encouraging, in humour. But we feel your pain :cryingcat:

Redacted throwing their weight around as Ganglord Bully Chief of Police, as usual :rolleyes:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom