"You Are The Quarry" 20th Anniversary show radio contests - win tickets

Here's a contest for the Kia Forum in Los Angeles. Good luck!

More ticket giveaway contests for Anaheim and LA! Good luck everyone!

I don't think you'll need much 'luck'. With two-thirds of the seats unsold, I suspect they'll be giving these away by the dozen.

I can't wait to hear Moz's mediocre band butcher the hell out of Quarry!
Based on the ticket sales, it seems like others are really looking forward to it too! :laughing:

Maybe fans are just waiting to see if the show will go on? Maybe the night of the house will be full. It’s also Xmas and people are broke and exhausted. Not to mention the poor souls who traveled to the other side of the world to see him there. They have to recover and regroup. The good thing about that is he’s in LA. LA never lets Morrissey down. It’ll be okay… if he’s okay.

Maybe fans are just waiting to see if the show will go on? Maybe the night of the house will be full. It’s also Xmas and people are broke and exhausted. Not to mention the poor souls who traveled to the other side of the world to see him there. They have to recover and regroup. The good thing about that is he’s in LA. LA never lets Morrissey down. It’ll be okay… if he’s okay.
Two years ago these would be near sold-out already. Everything has changed and he only has himself to blame.

there is over a month to go,they will sell once christmas is over.
get surface to get his world famous seating plan up on here.

Maybe he needs to crash to a halt for a bit. Get rid of malign influences, find new inspiration.
What/who do you think are ‘malign influences’?

He is and always was his own boss, I think only his mother really ever was able to influence him.

I travel frequently for work and always try to catch a gig if I can while I'm away. Will be in LA when these gigs are happening, but after being burnt in NZ, I think i'll give these a miss.

Other than say Jessie, do you think Morrissey pays his band a retainer fee? Otherwise, how does the band make a living (i.e. pay mortgages, cars, food, travel, gear, etc.)? I don't think the band can live on just the few gig dates they have done (maybe I am wrong). If Morrissey does not pay the band members a retainer how does that work? For example, let's say Carmen gets offered a tour gig or a recording contract gig with another band / singer and it is a good paycheck, I don't think she will walk away from that same with the other musicians. In other words, how does Morrissey keep a band. Do you think they have a contract for a year (let's say) that guarantees this much money per year (let's say $100,000 after travel costs). Who does all this work so that Morrissey keeps a band of musicians availably to play the few sparse concerts? After all, they must earn a living.

I think people might be waiting to see if he actually is going to appear before making plans for this one. The whole thing just seems so out of the blue and un-Morrissey. Chance of cancellation >50%.

I really thought these would sell out fast. He doesn't cancel la gigs. He might walk off stage if it's too cold, but these are indoors. Where's that loyal Latino fan base now?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom