"You Are The Quarry" 20th Anniversary show radio contests - win tickets

Here's a contest for the Kia Forum in Los Angeles. Good luck!

More ticket giveaway contests for Anaheim and LA! Good luck everyone!

I really thought these would sell out fast. He doesn't cancel la gigs. He might walk off stage if it's too cold, but these are indoors. Where's that loyal Latino fan base now?

Ticket prices are ridiculous. I wouldn’t pay that for someone who is still relevant, let alone for the nostalgia act that is Moaning Myrtle & the Low Quality Enablers.

Other than say Jessie, do you think Morrissey pays his band a retainer fee? Otherwise, how does the band make a living (i.e. pay mortgages, cars, food, travel, gear, etc.)? I don't think the band can live on just the few gig dates they have done (maybe I am wrong). If Morrissey does not pay the band members a retainer how does that work? For example, let's say Carmen gets offered a tour gig or a recording contract gig with another band / singer and it is a good paycheck, I don't think she will walk away from that same with the other musicians. In other words, how does Morrissey keep a band. Do you think they have a contract for a year (let's say) that guarantees this much money per year (let's say $100,000 after travel costs). Who does all this work so that Morrissey keeps a band of musicians availably to play the few sparse concerts? After all, they must earn a living.

Moz should save money and fire them all! they are all mediocre players!
I hope that Cameron guy does get offered another gig with someone else because he's just as bad as Jesse on the guitar! They are the two worst guitar players Moz has ever had!
I don't care to see Jesse and Cameron try to play Quarry when they don't even have anything to do with the creation or recording of the album.

Never thought I would see the day where the promoters had to give away tickets to fill a venue for a Morrissey gig in LA. Appreciate they did the same in New York but he’s always had a massive fan base in LA.

It pains me to admit this but the fact that's he's embarking on a new tour after the half ass job he did with the Australasian tour is bizarre. The AUS/NZ tour being bookmarked with cancellations on Perth and Auckland really left a bad taste in my mouth. It began with a cancellation and ended with a cancellation. The Asian part of the tour got one solitary gig.

It also pains me to say that Morrissey needs to reap what he has sown. As much as anyone can be punished indirectly by their fans, Morrissey needs to feel an exodus that hits him where it hurts. I say this because it will do him some good. I'm talking specifically about cancelling concerts without explanation. I couldn't give a flying f*** about him upsetting anyone with his off the cuff comments.

Now having said all that I will still be posting my review of the last Aussie Moz gig. I'm not going to let anyone ruin the great experience I had of seeing Morrissey last week, least of all Morrissey himself.

Just to inject some perspective, he was playing relatively small venues in ‘99, when he was being similarly panned for his right-wing (or ‘traditional’ Labour) views. And his recording future seemed similarly precarious.

His current band sounds absolutely fine: nothing as disastrous as the TCM renditions, when he seemed more celebrated (c.2010?).

His last LP release was perhaps his best for a quarter-century.

But, yes, he remains a risky artist to travel to see: I continue to suggest that people don’t do it, if they can’t afford the gamble. If Nottingham has a next time it might be back to the small Rock City venue.

And a Marr reunion, as speculated on above, would still be a stadium sized project—in London or Manchester—which would sell out in a jiffy.

I suspect the Bonfire album might be a mixed listen. Without Music seems very good. Some albums still seem to be better than others. One day we’ll know for sure, in the interim we’ll have to endure his self-defeating behaviours. As ever.

Yes, "Without Music.. seems very good". Notre Dame would be a hell of a lead single and the "The Night Pop..." is super catchy, if you are into 70s US Funk. Let me think, yes the title track is really great too, but only in the way The Alain Whyte Band played it recently. As an urgent rockabilly stomp, not as an early 80s "Yacht Pop" tune from a bored millionaire.

I was lucky enough to have seen four amazing shows on the original "Quarry" tour in 2004. Two nights at the "Apollo Theater", check out those setlists, unimaginable today.- One show in Brighton UK and the best for last, the "Morrisey Live at Earl's Court" concert. Even if I was so foolish reckless as to risk traveling for these "20th anniversary" shows, why would I want to sully my warm memories of two decades ago by watching his current excuse of a band butcher "YATQ"? Morrissey is probably going to "stub his toe" the day of the shows and cancel anyway.

It pains me to admit this but the fact that's he's embarking on a new tour after the half ass job he did with the Australasian tour is bizarre. The AUS/NZ tour being bookmarked with cancellations on Perth and Auckland really left a bad taste in my mouth. It began with a cancellation and ended with a cancellation. The Asian part of the tour got one solitary gig.

It also pains me to say that Morrissey needs to reap what he has sown. As much as anyone can be punished indirectly by their fans, Morrissey needs to feel an exodus that hits him where it hurts. I say this because it will do him some good. I'm talking specifically about cancelling concerts without explanation. I couldn't give a flying f*** about him upsetting anyone with his off the cuff comments.

Now having said all that I will still be posting my review of the last Aussie Moz gig. I'm not going to let anyone ruin the great experience I had of seeing Morrissey last week, least of all Morrissey himself.
Just to inject some perspective, he was playing relatively small venues in ‘99, when he was being similarly panned for his right-wing (or ‘traditional’ Labour) views. And his recording future seemed similarly precarious.

His current band sounds absolutely fine: nothing as disastrous as the TCM renditions, when he seemed more celebrated (c.2010?).

But, yes, he remains a risky artist to travel to see: I continue to suggest that people don’t do it, if they can’t afford the gamble. If Nottingham has a next time it might be back to the small Rock City venue.

And a Marr reunion, as speculated on above, would still be a stadium sized project—in London or Manchester—which would sell out in a jiffy.

I suspect the Bonfire album might be a mixed listen. Without Music seems very good. Some albums still seem to be better than others. One day we’ll know for sure, in the interim we’ll have to endure his self-defeating behaviours. As ever.

To be fair, we don’t know at all what goes on in his mind/private life, or the real reasons he has been recently canceling for.
I actually hope the reason for his cancellations are based on laziness, selfishness or any other human flaw, and not something more serious.

He wasn't being panned in 1999 for his "views".

Bonfire & Notre Dame have already caused enough controversy to be another nail in his current coffin.

& Marr wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom