Morrissey concert in Auckland, NZ - cancelled

The Auckland show in two nights time has been cancelled. This was to be the last concert of the current tour.

Information from the promoter:

This event has been CANCELLED...

Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey
on Thursday 14 December at The Civic has been cancelled.

A message from the presenter:

“We regret to advise the Morrissey: 40 Years of Morrissey show scheduled for Thursday 14 December at The Civic, Auckland will no longer be proceeding due to unforeseen logistical issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding."
All ticket holders will receive an automatic refund as per the information below.

Media items:

DEVIOUS :tiphat: TRUCULENT:tiphat: UNRELIABLE:tiphat:

Always has been and always will be.

I spent years on here getting the message out there along with BrummieBoy.

An absolute pleasure to inform what a complete TWUNT he really is.

Benny 🇬🇧🔪

Spotted Morrissey’s security guard today in Auckland. I wonder if everyone decided to to fly over? Is Moz here if his security is?

Maybe Moz admin could draft up a checklist with the dozen or so possible reasons concerts are cancelled, in one column, beside blank boxes to be ticked as applies?!

Audre Lorde said:

Survival is not an academic skill. It is learning how to stand alone, unpopular and sometimes reviled, and how to make common cause with those others identified as outside the structures in order to define and seek a world in which we can all flourish. It is learning how to take our differences and make them strengths. 🙏

Well, if you're in my shoes, I'm absolutely Alive out of Spite!
And that's really the only reason.

Lets have the honest conversation, he just picks and chooses what he turns up to. The flip side to that is the venue size continues to get smaller and smaller as his audience gradually walks away.
Of course on whim if he doesn’t feel like doing the show he doesn’t do it. Thats who he is, and that’s how he will always be, it’s never going to change. I do feel bad for people who spent there hard earned money to travel to see him but you should always have an alternative of what to do in the places you go to see him play when you travel to see him because he can always cancel on a whims notice and you might as well do something nice and get something nice out of it besides having a bad memory of Morrissey canceling.

Maybe I am being a bit of a conspiracy theorist here but since many have wondered if Morrissey et al. read this site, have you noticed since a few people complained that it was rude of the band to be posting pics of Auckland that there have been no pics whatsoever except for a generic post by BB and JG, and that Camilla, who often posts several times a day has gone radio silence, Jessie as well?

Maybe I am being a bit of a conspiracy theorist here but since many have wondered if Morrissey et al. read this site, have you noticed since a few people complained that it was rude of the band to be posting pics of Auckland that there have been no pics whatsoever except for a generic post by BB and JG, and that Camilla, who often posts several times a day has gone radio silence, Jessie as well?
The site is definitely monitored. Whether that has affected whether they are posting or not I don't know.

Maybe they are busy trying to learn how to play Quarry in time for next month.
Lord knows they desperately need the practice really really badly!

I like the radio silence.... silence is the best sound this band makes!

I had to look up NVLD and wasn't sure of its clinical significance. As for Asperger's, by which I take it you mean autism in an adult with average to above average IQ, who knows? People are as they are, irrespective of the vocabulary used by those with power in mental health. But I do think he needs a good mentor.
While we're at it, making wild diagnosis in a vain attempt to explain why our favorite mysterious beeing had to cancell NZ: how many people here have mental health issues? I do 🙃 but only because of my mother-in-low -who actually never went to a Morrissey show 😁

While we're at it, making wild diagnosis in a vain attempt to explain why our favorite mysterious beeing had to cancell NZ: how many people here have mental health issues? I do 🙃 but only because of my mother-in-low -who actually never went to a Morrissey show 😁

It's hardly wild since he's talked about anxiety, depression & being unable to go to events because of it.

No. M & Marr offered 10% and Mike & Andy accepted, after Marr threatened he would leave the Smiths if they didn’t agree to that offer. It’s in Marr’s autobio.

And where did you get ‘grudgingly’ from?
A impression of Marr is emerging bit by bit, of him being responsible for a lot of stories Morrissey was blamed and punished for :unsure:

A impression of Marr is emerging bit by bit, of him being responsible for a lot of stories Morrissey was blamed and punished for :unsure:

But it was Morrissey's idea to offer 10%, in fact he left the studio until an agreement was reached and made Marr relay the news to Andy and Mike. I think Marr's threat to leave, this early in the history of the Smiths was one of the first inklings that things were not right in the band. This all was of course none of the band's job, it should have been handled by management, if there had been any.

Spotted Morrissey’s security guard today in Auckland. I wonder if everyone decided to to fly over? Is Moz here if his security is?
I assume they would have had flights home out of Auckland, maybe after losing money cancelling the show it made sense (to them) to keep those flights?
But that would be even more annoying!
To know they were here but didn't play...grrrrr!!

I would feel somewhat better knowing (hoping) that someone in his camp saw My complaints!
And I'm glad the band haven't posted in the last day or so... let's have a respectful silence whilst we grieve the passing of the NZ show that wasn't...

It would be interesting to hear the honest opinions of the band members. Especially the new ones. These constant and capricious cancellations must be weird to them.

It would be interesting to hear the honest opinions of the band members. Especially the new ones. These constant and capricious cancellations must be weird to them.
I am sure it must be very frustrating for them as artists. I am sure they want to play and be creative. I think touring is difficult and tiring and not the thrill that some people think it is. Living in hotels, out of suitcases and eating at restaurants 3x per day gets old pretty quickly. I imagine they get bored silly.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom