Ryan Lowry looking to photograph fans at YATQ 20th Anniversary shows

Screenshot_20240118-234651.png

Via Ryan's IG story.

Screenshot_20240119-010727~2.png

I think quite the opposite. I think he enjoys residencies, possibly more than other, single shows. Several nights in one location, without the hassle of travel, and a big payout. I think we can expect to see more residences and not less in the near future.
Of course, M likes residencies. But in that case, it would be wiser to book a couple of nights at a venue with a much smaller capacity (3000 or so) and with the flexibility of adding another night if the shows are selling rapidly. The idea that he can do a residency playing several nights in a stadium just no longer holds. He is not Taylor Swift, for better or worse.

What's the point of these photos though? Is it just to spin another 'Look everyone - I'm super popular with these shows but the record companies are silencing me' Central post? :unsure:

What's the point of these photos though? Is it just to spin another 'Look everyone - I'm super popular with these shows but the record companies are silencing me' Central post? :unsure:
I guess if you can gather the obsessives for photos, and then present the images as representative of the audience, it can generate a most positive spin on the enthusiasm for the event.

Nothing wrong with that, I suppose: the actual concert photographers won’t go to the back of the venues and photograph the audiences there—wincing when they hear You Know I Couldn’t Last. Those photographers, too, will chase a ‘selective’ view of the event.

Incidentally, it feels like there’s an awful lot jeopardy within these two gigs—inasmuch as it’s the perfect idea, but I’m not convinced it’s the right album.

someone was moaning because he never said please on the poster,it will be him taking pictures of anybody who wants their picture taken,probably for his website or a book.
So they are doing HIM a favor. WTF with this thread, people just expect that if someone wants a favor, which he does, he would be a bit more polite about it and give some more details if he wants people to show up hours early for him.

So they are doing HIM a favor. WTF with this thread, people just expect that if someone wants a favor, which he does, he would be a bit more polite about it and give some more details if he wants people to show up hours early for him.
where did he ask people to show up early.
he wasnt asking a favour,he just said if there was a queue can he take your mugshot.
maybe next time he will say please please please let me take your pic,that is now too many pleases.

He will have no shortage of takers, smiling politely and pretending to like each other, before scratching each others eyes out in the race for the front.

I got a floor ticket way in the back.

Were they? I was too busy enjoying myself to care either way. But from what I read on here during that time, it doesn’t seem they were filled to capacity, posts of seating charts. But it seems, due to venue choices, cancellations, etc. he’s having a tougher time selling shows like he once did. If you can’t see this, then, I don’t know what more to say.
The week before 3 of the nights were 25% sold and thousands of tickets were given away via radio shows, lots of people mentioned it on here.
We should surely know by now that far from everything mentioned on here holds water.

where did he ask people to show up early.
he wasnt asking a favour,he just said if there was a queue can he take your mugshot.
maybe next time he will say please please please let me take your pic,that is now too many pleases.
Unless you're Trump.

Does anyone know if these photography sessions still went ahead? Maybe the whole cancellation thing was part of an art project to capture various fans wailing and gnashing their teeth outside the venues? :unsure:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom