YATQ 20th Anniversary shows stencil ad on sidewalk in Los Angeles

Photo from an anonymous person, seen in the Highland Park neighborhood of Los Angeles (January 2024).

full

Ticket sales for this have been so slow, I doubt he'll book any more themed shows in future.
The sooner he drifts away from the illusion that Quarry is one of his best albums worthy of a tour the sooner he'll discover more ticket sales. Bands playing their much loved albums to crowds of fans has worked out well the world over. I saw the Cult play Electric and Happy Mondays play Pills, Thrills n' Bellyaches. The concerts were amazing!

Morrissey could easily get some new juice if he toured his much loved albums. Quarry just doesn't rate until we get a Vauxhall & I, Your Arsenal, Viva Hate or Bona Drag tour. Quarry is way back in the queue. Also we've heard plenty of Quarry tracks live over the past fifteen years or so. It's time to open up the back catalogue. Hell, I'd see a Swords tour at this point.

Band wise this new group are not qualified to play Quarry. Although I had a great time at the recent Sydney concerts, the band dropped the ball many times during certain songs. They're all talented in their own way but together there is definitely something missing.

The sooner he drifts away from the illusion that Quarry is one of his best albums worthy of a tour the sooner he'll discover more ticket sales. Bands playing their much loved albums to crowds of fans has worked out well the world over. I saw the Cult play Electric and Happy Mondays play Pills, Thrills n' Bellyaches. The concerts were amazing!

Morrissey could easily get some new juice if he toured his much loved albums. Quarry just doesn't rate until we get a Vauxhall & I, Your Arsenal, Viva Hate or Bona Drag tour. Quarry is way back in the queue. Also we've heard plenty of Quarry tracks live over the past fifteen years or so. It's time to open up the back catalogue. Hell, I'd see a Swords tour at this point.

Band wise this new group are not qualified to play Quarry. Although I had a great time at the recent Sydney concerts, the band dropped the ball many times during certain songs. They're all talented in their own way but together there is definitely something missing.
Id love a Swords tour, that'd be great, all those top b-sides.
The trouble is, there are so many songs he just won't do now, for various reasons.

No one for a Low in High School theme tour ! Bizarre 🤣🤣

I'm in IL and I want to go so badly. I've had my eye on those 600 dollar tickets... I've never seen Morrissey live before unfortunately, and I want to before he's done. I hope he's not done after these last 3 shows!!

I'm in IL and I want to go so badly. I've had my eye on those 600 dollar tickets... I've never seen Morrissey live before unfortunately, and I want to before he's done. I hope he's not done after these last 3 shows!!
If you go, best of luck. I hope he shows up. I still have a bit of nail biting to do until the South American dates.

No one for a Low in High School theme tour ! Bizarre 🤣🤣
Not bizarre at all. He has already played quite a bit of LIHS during the LIHS tour five years ago. I was specifically talking about his pre Quarry back catalogue as a concept for touring.

He's not done after these Quarry shows, but he will lose some ticket sales due to his recent absconding where he only turned up to five of the ten shows.

Ticket sales for this have been so slow, I doubt he'll book any more themed shows in future.
I'm in contact with a fair share of M fans here in LA and fairly or not there really is still a bitterness about the Greek show walk-off. There are other reasons people aren't jumping all over this (recent cancelations, lack of any band members involved with the record, general public reputation, etc.), but that is the main issue. Outside of the UK, Los Angeles is where he could always seemingly count on fans turning out. The Greek left a mark and these shows would have been much better offered in the UK at this time. Another avoidable unforced error. It's all a bit frustrating to watch, tbh, but as he's stated, it's his life...

Its kinda sad that Moz can't sell out his 2 Quarry shows and Johnny Marr just upgraded to a bigger venue due to high demand.

I'm in contact with a fair share of M fans here in LA and fairly or not there really is still a bitterness about the Greek show walk-off. There are other reasons people aren't jumping all over this (recent cancelations, lack of any band members involved with the record, general public reputation, etc.), but that is the main issue. Outside of the UK, Los Angeles is where he could always seemingly count on fans turning out. The Greek left a mark and these shows would have been much better offered in the UK at this time. Another avoidable unforced error. It's all a bit frustrating to watch, tbh, but as he's stated, it's his life...
It is absurdly ironic, now that Alain has left the band, Morrissey decides this is the right time to tour the Quarry album. He was the only Quarry writing and recording band member left to give this recent announcement any validity at all. Jesse was in a Quarry music video, but that doesn't count.

Its kinda sad that Moz can't sell out his 2 Quarry shows and Johnny Marr just upgraded to a bigger venue due to high demand.
I think one of the problems is that Quarry has so many soft and slow songs that bring the energy of a live show to a halt, it's not like they are all IBEH. I love the album, but I can tell you if it was for the 30th anniversary of V&I this would be sold out

Although to put it into perspective the original venue in Limerick was really small and even the bigger venue is about capacity 2000. Morrissey would sell that out in a heartbeat. The capacity of the venues in Los Angeles are around 17000 . So can’t really be compared.

Although to put it into perspective the original venue in Limerick was really small and even the bigger venue is about capacity 2000. Morrissey would sell that out in a heartbeat. The capacity of the venues in Los Angeles are around 17000 . So can’t really be compared.

Agree that it is two different scenarios, but it seems to illustrate the mindset/attitudes of these two men. Johnny is cautious and wants to succeed. Morrissey is going big and risks catastrophic failure.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom