Should Morrissey be allowed to change the album covers of old albums?

This gave me a laugh, thanks.

What they could do is include a high quality card with the orig. cover printed on it that little Timmy can slot it into the jewel case over the new one.

Curious what the new cover will be. Unlike some, I've enjoyed the unearthed Jake photos used on recent releases (the arse one was take it or leave it, but it made me laugh). Anyway, I hope it's not one from that "session".

If this is being distributed through Rhino, I would bank on the following:

(a) if the original cover isn't used, it will be reprinted on some part of the booklet/inlay card/etc [my money is on one of two shots from the "bruised 'n bloody" Rankin session for the vinyl booklet: the close-up where Morrissey points to his cheek or the shot of him against the grafitti'ed wall with arms crossed]
(b) in addition to the three unreleased tracks, at least the B-sides to Dagenham Dave will be included, if not the Boy Racer single live tracks - perhaps they will spring for licensing some of the tracks that were recorded at Wembley and radio broadcast (see the 'Practising Troublemaker' boot)?
(c) decent liner notes with some interviews with principals involved (Lillywhite, Bridgwood, and Supple being the likeliest subjects - Spencer will probably be schtum and Alain and Boz won't return calls, a shame b/c they would have the most insight to the creation of the album...) - so long as we don't have to chew through an inscrutable Bracewell hagiography.

I'm anticipating a classy affair. And I'm hoping that it serves notice to do same for Your Arsenal, Vauxhall, and Maladjusted. I believe the ownership of the latter falls into the Polydor/Decca family somewhere, so stranger things indeed have happened.

I'm quite excited. This was the first "new" Morrissey album I bought in November 1995. I remember my jaw-dropping at how different it sounded from Bona Drag and Your Arsenal, but I fell resolutely in love with it then and the honeymoon has never ended. Huzzahs for finally giving it a proper send-off.

Cheers,
Jamie

No harm in changing the covers if want to.

I saw a Frank Sinatra vinyl LP on a car boot sale and was reminded of the Earls Court cover. Similar pose.

Some (penguin) books are sold with a plain cover so you can draw or stick on the pic you think is most appropriate.

I like the threads where people make up their version of the sleeve. Expect there will be one for the new album soon..

shouldn't our concern be that he has too much time in his hands?

To answer the question, I don't like it, I don't want him to change anything. It also looks like a desperate attempt to sell something, anything.

I think he should change the lineup before he changes old records (that som e of us DO like btw)

Tags
cover sleeves good thread by theo reissue southpaw grammar
Back
Top Bottom