Reckon this could be a good song for Morrissey to cover?

James (or maybe it was just Tim Booth) did a cover of "We hate it when our friends become successful"

I thought that Tim was having a dig at his old friend Morrissey by covering it.

Or was the song originally Morrissey having a go at James? Or was it Tony Wilson? Oh I forget....

I'm meant to be writing an essay, not whiling away the hours on solo...

James (or maybe it was just Tim Booth) did a cover of "We hate it when our friends become successful"

Or was the song originally Morrissey having a go at James? Or was it Tony Wilson? Oh I forget....

Nope, it was James - Tim introduced the song by saying "This is our Morrissey impression...". It's quite a good version - shall I bung a link up for a download?

Peter

Nope, it was James - Tim introduced the song by saying "This is our Morrissey impression...". It's quite a good version - shall I bung a link up for a download?

Peter

Yes yes, please do. Would love to hear :)

It was James at Glastonbury and Morrissey was due to play but cancelled. It was all about the same time as the first spat with the NME, so Morrissey was getting it from all sides.

cal2.jpg

I remember seeing James live when they toured in support of this album. I like them but lost touch. I can see Morrissey covering this song in his style. And I think it would be good.

I love Say Something and I could see/hear a Moz cover of it.
What about Moz covering Born of Frustration ? ;) I'd like to hear how he makes the woowoowoowoowoowoowooooooo! part his own. :)

Just kiss already, you two!!! :sweet: ;) :D

moztimbooth.jpg

I love Say Something and I could see/hear a Moz cover of it.
What about Moz covering Born of Frustration ? ;) I'd like to hear how he makes the woowoowoowoowoowoowooooooo! part his own. :)

Just kiss already, you two!!! :sweet: ;) :D
maybe they did :eek:
by the way, i listen to the cover, its good i guess...

Back
Top Bottom