Should Morrissey be allowed to change the album covers of old albums?

Can't Someone Else Do It??

images

Shame you don't want a credit. :p

Good idea for mainpage poll, go ahead to submit to David.

Now, quiz time.
Southpaw Grammer is the only Morrissey's solo album which does not have his photo on sleeve.
Name three singles which do not have Morrissey's photo on sleeve.

Think there are more than three -

Dagenham Dave, Roy's Keen, Boxers, Interlude, My Love Life and Last of The Famous International Playboys

What is David's username, you have to let me off I'm still a newbe.

Hmmmm

I've already done it.

I just can't believe you haven't read mainpage's FAQ. :p

Think there are more than three -

Dagenham Dave, Roy's Keen, Boxers, Interlude, My Love Life and Last of The Famous International Playboys

What is David's username, you have to let me off I'm still a newbe.

Well done.
My Love Life UK/US single is Morrissey's photo and Last of the Famous International Playboys is actually his childhood photo.

Last edited:
Re: Hmmmm

I've already done it.

I just can't believe you haven't read mainpage's FAQ. :p

Can't beleive you're going to take the glory off me! Unbelivable!!

Didn't know that about LOFIP, good question of it's own.

Well done.
Last of the Famous International Playboys is actually Morrissey's childhood photo.

Kewpie, are you hijacking my thread and trying to change it into being about cover sleeves that do not contain Morrissey's picture? There may be a previous thread about that you can hunt down and merge into, or create a separate topic on that if you like.

Can't beleive you're going to take the glory off me! Unbelivable!!

Didn't know that about LOFIP, good question of it's own.

Calm down, I did add "originally suggested by Virgil Tracy".
Don't underestimate me. :p

Calm down, I did add "originally suggested by Virgil Tracy".
Don't underestimate me. :p

I never really did Kewpie ;) we all know you are a legend, you don't have to be a member long to know that! :)

Sorry for the Hijack, back to the point!!

Shhhhhhhhh

Kewpie, are you hijacking my thread and trying to change it into being about cover sleeves that do not contain Morrissey's picture? There may be a previous thread about that you can hunt down and merge into, or create a separate topic on that if you like.

Ahahaha, your thread is destined to be hijacked.

It's a shame, for sure.

You cannot buy the old version of the record in shops now. If any cover needed changing I would change "Maladjusted", cheap and crappy!

How about a poll for the homepage, If you could change one album cover (Solo work not the Smiths) which one would you change??

I agree with you about Maladjusted. The Best Of and Live at Earls Court aren't great either.

The Ringleader of the Tormentors cover really freaks me out, I can't say why.

I agree with you about Maladjusted. The Best Of and Live at Earls Court aren't great either.

The Ringleader of the Tormentors cover really freaks me out, I can't say why.

That is by far my favarite cover

It's his to change in the first place. So yeah.

It's his to change in the first place. So yeah.

It certainly is his decision, but I think it would be unwise on Morrissey's part.

I know he isn't fond of the album cover, but I don't think it's something he should start messing around with. The original image he chose for the sleeve was based around his thoughts, feelings, and what he was experiencing during that period. It's a thing of the past, and it deserves to be preserved and maintained.

f***, NO. You shouldn't change history.
It's a good cover btw.

You CAN'T change history - if Paul McCartney wanted to call THE BEATLES album the 'Black' album it wouldn't make any difference - It would still be the White Album wouldn't it?

Having said that, if Moz wants to re-release Southpaw Grammar with new tracks and a new cover it doesn't detract from the original - not for me anyhow...

Tags
cover sleeves good thread by theo reissue southpaw grammar
Back
Top Bottom