Morrissey Central "SAY IT LOUD, SAY IT LOUD MALADJUSTED AND PROUD" (March 17, 2024)

cbb9cf16172cb9ad91d87a1ed724dd9119131b04.jpg

ed98fee0886e47f5fe97275b55208919ddc85744.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
His good reason may not be your good reason.

Your good reason may not be my good reason.

Be careful in these here parts,
As you may find yourself tried with treason.
A good reason is something that justifies. A reason that most people know is okay with me canceling. It's obvious. The best reason is the one most people accept

It's a pretty good album, that to me slips into the middle of the solo discography, just because there are a lot of good tracks, but not many great ones. The recording quality overall is lacking.

My fave album tracks are easily He Cried, Roy's Keen, Wide to Receive, and Trouble Loves Me. Fave B-Sides are Lost and I Can Have Both.

hmmm, I don’t see the song ‘Maladjusted’ in your fave tracks list, Juan.

Blasphemous!!! ;)

For me, Ambitious Outsiders and Sorrow
as brave of move it was for Morrissey to
do something new, particularly Sorrow, I believe they are the weakest links in the chain.

I actually like Ambitious Outsiders, but what ruins it for me is the short instrumental musical break, that to my ear, doesn’t really fit with the mood of the song….

Edges deserves a mention in the vocal melodies thread, unless someone has already said it.

It's gorgeous.

I think Alain once said “The Edges” is his favorite song he wrote with moz. May be wrong
Indeed, but he's changeable.
It was Our Frank at one point.

Edges:
Screenshot_20240319-003339~2.png

Prior:
Screenshot_20240319-003525~2.png

And so on...
Regards,
FWD.

hmmm, I don’t see the song ‘Maladjusted’ in your fave tracks list, Juan.

Blasphemous!!! ;)

For me, Ambitious Outsiders and Sorrow
as brave of move it was for Morrissey to
do something new, particularly Sorrow, I believe they are the weakest links in the chain.

I actually like Ambitious Outsiders, but what ruins it for me is the short instrumental musical break, that to my ear, doesn’t really fit with the mood of the song….

You just wanted to show the clip! :D

I do really like the song Maladjusted, it's just not in that group I listed. I like the voice sample and all the sound, and I love a lot of the lyrics on it. It kind of slinks to and fro, but marches forward in a steady groove. It's a very cool song. He doesn't disappoint with LP title tracks (Southpaw, Kill Uncle also), though there have only been three.

And I agree with you that AO and Sorrow are the weakest tracks on the LP. Musically, both are not very good - Sorrow is dire both musically and lyrically.

You just wanted to show the clip! :D

I do really like the song Maladjusted, it's just not in that group I listed. I like the voice sample and all the sound, and I love a lot of the lyrics on it. It kind of slinks to and fro, but marches forward in a steady groove. It's a very cool song. He doesn't disappoint with LP title tracks (Southpaw, Kill Uncle also), though there have only been three.

well, I think we’d all love to hear the song ‘Kill Uncle’, because there was one, is one, somewhere.

The song that gave the "Kill Uncle" album its name must have been written shortly before or during the recording session for said album, at Hook End Manor in the autumn of 1990, with producers Clive Langer and Alan Winstanley. At least one incomplete vocal version of the track has been recorded, featuring two verses and a chorus (and Morrissey coughing).

and there’s a brief discussion of supposed lyrics for it here ….

That sealed original vinyl copy with the hype sticker excites me.

well, I think we’d all love to hear the song ‘Kill Uncle’, because there was one, is one, somewhere.

The song that gave the "Kill Uncle" album its name must have been written shortly before or during the recording session for said album, at Hook End Manor in the autumn of 1990, with producers Clive Langer and Alan Winstanley. At least one incomplete vocal version of the track has been recorded, featuring two verses and a chorus (and Morrissey coughing).

and there’s a brief discussion of supposed lyrics for it here ….

Yeah, KU is a peach!

I love 'Satan Rejected My Soul' - such a fun track with great bass. It's a perfectly good album with a few classics on it- nowhere near as bad as the press made it out to be at the time...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom