Morrissey Central "DARLING, IT’S ALL FOR YOU" (March 25, 2024)

Morrissey and Siouxsie's 'Interlude' has been reissued by Warner Records. On limited gold vinyl, the 12-inch disc also has a colorized sleeve. The single was recorded and produced by Boz Boorer in 1994, where it reached UK #25 on the Parlophone label.

full

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
YES!! The news we've all been waiting for!! Who cares about BOT or Without Music, or any explanation for the recent cancellations?? A reissue of a below average single from the 90's will suffice!
A reissue of a cover version, no less.

Warners will reissue his old material but won't give him a deal on his new material?

It’s a quote from The Girl Least Likely To. The ‘you’ is us fans?

The music for TGLLT is by Andy Rourke

A struggling song review doesn't add much to understanding - https://oldtimemusic.com/the-meaning-behind-the-song-the-girl-least-likely-to-by-morrissey/

But the lyrics are epic too, like a novel plot, or maybe more so, like a short play:

How many times have I been around ?
Recycled papers paving the ground
Well, she lives for the written word
And people come second, or possibly third

And there is no style, but I say "well done"
To the Girl Least Likely To
Oh, deep in my heart, how I wish I was wrong
But deep in my heart, I know I am not
And there's enough gloom in her world, I'm certain
Without my contribution

So I sit, and I smile, and I say "well done"
Page after page of sniping rage
An English singe or an American tinge
"There's a publisher," she said, "...in the new year"
(It's never in this year)

I do think this, but I can't admit it
So one more song with no technique
One more song which seems all wrong ...
And oh, the news is bad again
See me as I am again

And the scales of justice sway one way
In the rooms of Those Least Likely To
Oh, deep in my heart, how I want to be wrong
But the moods and the styles too frequently change
From 21 to 25, from 25 to 29

And I sit, and I smile, and I say "well done"
Oh, one more song about The Queen
Or standing around the shops with thieves
"But somebody's got to make it !" she screams
"So why why can't it be me ?"
But she would die if we heard her sing from the heart
Which is hurt

So how many times will I shed a tear ?
And another stage of verse to cheer
When you shine in the public eye, my dear
Please remember these nights
When I sit and support with a dutiful smile
Because there's nothing I can say
So chucking, churning, and turning the knife
On everything (except their own life)
And a clock somewhere strikes midnight
And an explanation - it drains me
If only there could be a way

There is a different mood all over the world
A different youth, unfamiliar views
And dearest, it could all be for you
So will you come down and I'll meet you ?
And with no more poems, with nothing to hear
Oh darling, it's all for you...
Darling, it's all for you ...
Oh darling, it's all for you ...

The record coming out will have zero to do with Morrissey. Exactly like many prior ones. They get sent courtesy copies, but recent 'issues'/lack of albums and this Warners RSD product are not mutually exclusive.
FWD.

Surely not zero, if he's taking the trouble to announce various stages? Surely the artist is consulted? Could the artist refuse to approve a re-issue, or could they request different conditions; and if they did, would it have any clout?

A reissue of a cover version, no less.

Warners will reissue his old material but won't give him a deal on his new material?
It would be great if something was being worked out with Warners for both.

The music for TGLLT is by Andy Rourke

A struggling song review doesn't add much to understanding - https://oldtimemusic.com/the-meaning-behind-the-song-the-girl-least-likely-to-by-morrissey/

But the lyrics are epic too, like a novel plot, or maybe more so, like a short play:

How many times have I been around ?
Recycled papers paving the ground
Well, she lives for the written word
And people come second, or possibly third

And there is no style, but I say "well done"
Oh, deep in my heart, how I wish I was wrong
But deep in my heart, I know I am not
And there's enough gloom in her world, I'm certain
Without my contribution

So I sit, and I smile, and I say "well done"
Page after page of sniping rage
An English singe or an American tinge
"There's a publisher," she said, "...in the new year"
(It's never in this year)

I do think this, but I can't admit it
So one more song with no technique
One more song which seems all wrong ...
And oh, the news is bad again
See me as I am again

And the scales of justice sway one way
In the rooms of Those Least Likely To
Oh, deep in my heart, how I want to be wrong
But the moods and the styles too frequently change
From 21 to 25, from 25 to 29

And I sit, and I smile, and I say "well done"
Oh, one more song about The Queen
Or standing around the shops with thieves
"But somebody's got to make it !" she screams
"So why why can't it be me ?"
But she would die if we heard her sing from the heart
Which is hurt

So how many times will I shed a tear ?
And another stage of verse to cheer
When you shine in the public eye, my dear
Please remember these nights
When I sit and support with a dutiful smile
Because there's nothing I can say
So chucking, churning, and turning the knife
On everything (except their own life)
And a clock somewhere strikes midnight
And an explanation - it drains me
If only there could be a way

There is a different mood all over the world
A different youth, unfamiliar views
And dearest, it could all be for you
So will you come down and I'll meet you ?
And with no more poems, with nothing to hear
Oh darling, it's all for you...
Darling, it's all for you ...

Surely not zero, if he's taking the trouble to announce various stages? Surely the artist is consulted? Could the artist refuse to approve a re-issue, or could they request different conditions; and if they did, would it have any clout?

It would be great if something was being worked out with Warners for both.

That song is one of the main solo records that really resonated with me. As per the review link you posted, I took comfort from it (and it became an anthem for me)

I love the structure of the verses and his voice on that track is just wonderful. For me, this is an example of a song that feels like it's being shared only with you, as a private letter of support and encouragement.

It's a feeling that springs from the inherent forthrightness and sincerity. I believe that to be a very rare thing indeed.

Last edited:
Do you also bear more grudges than lonely high court judges?
Naaa don't get mad I already said I forgave him I love Moz he is my Mozuchis I forgive him everything except that he dies!! He is full of energy and vitality. But it makes me angry that we can't see that it's okay. That's all. Look at the baby here in the picture. I want him baby or old

Attachments

• 50235a09ec1dea128537f981346195b0.jpg
    50235a09ec1dea128537f981346195b0.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
Well…I can’t stop listening to Girl Least Likely to get to Interlude! It’s such a wonderful song, Girl Least Likely. I love it. Bless you, Andy ❤️

Snip ✂️---

There is a spectrum, but there were releases that got outright complaints and substantiate some lack of control/involvement. HMV has done similar since and Warners were still churning bits out and keeping their hands active with The Smiths. Oddly, Central has been very vague with certain releases. Interlude is clearly a RSD product - known about 5 months prior to it's mention on Central and 7 months prior to the RSD site confirming.
They do suddenly become interested when a product 'charts' well though.
Anyway, TTY:

"The slapdash release of ‘Morrissey Live At The Hollywood Bowl’ is done by Warner without any consultation to me whatsoever, and is in breach of their terms as laid out by themselves in an agreement made for the film between Warner and my ex-manager.

“Being Warner, predictably the sleeve art is appalling. It is the work of cash-hounds, and I urge people NOT to buy it. I am not signed to Warner, and no royalties from this DVD will come to me. Please spend your money elsewhere. Thank you, MORRISSEY.”
(2008)

"Morrissey would like it to be known that he has not been consulted by EMI/HMV/Parlophone with regards to two forthcoming boxed sets of Morrissey singles. Morrissey does not approve such releases and would ask people not to bother buying them. Morrissey receives no royalty payments from EMI for any back catalogue, and has not received a royalty from EMI since 1992. Morrissey also does not approve of, and was not consulted on, the Rhino box of Smiths CDs, or the Warner releases of Smiths LPs on 180 gramme vinyl. Morrissey last received a royalty payment from Warners ten years ago, and, once again, he would ask people not to bother buying the reissued LPs or CDs." (2009)

"... Morrissey would also like to stress that he has no association with the Warner release called 'The Smiths Complete'. This project has taken place without any consultation to Morrissey, and without any approach to Morrissey from either Warner, Rhino, or Johnny Marr. Therefore, Morrissey has no knowledge of the remixes, and has had no input in the project... " (2011)
FWD.

There is a spectrum, but there were releases that got outright complaints and substantiate some lack of control/involvement. HMV has done similar since and Warners were still churning bits out and keeping their hands active with The Smiths. Oddly, Central has been very vague with certain releases. Interlude is clearly a RSD product - known about 5 months prior to it's mention on Central and 7 months prior to the RSD site confirming.
Anyway, TTY:

"The slapdash release of ‘Morrissey Live At The Hollywood Bowl’ is done by Warner without any consultation to me whatsoever, and is in breach of their terms as laid out by themselves in an agreement made for the film between Warner and my ex-manager.

“Being Warner, predictably the sleeve art is appalling. It is the work of cash-hounds, and I urge people NOT to buy it. I am not signed to Warner, and no royalties from this DVD will come to me. Please spend your money elsewhere. Thank you, MORRISSEY.”
(2008)

"Morrissey would like it to be known that he has not been consulted by EMI/HMV/Parlophone with regards to two forthcoming boxed sets of Morrissey singles. Morrissey does not approve such releases and would ask people not to bother buying them. Morrissey receives no royalty payments from EMI for any back catalogue, and has not received a royalty from EMI since 1992. Morrissey also does not approve of, and was not consulted on, the Rhino box of Smiths CDs, or the Warner releases of Smiths LPs on 180 gramme vinyl. Morrissey last received a royalty payment from Warners ten years ago, and, once again, he would ask people not to bother buying the reissued LPs or CDs." (2009)

"... Morrissey would also like to stress that he has no association with the Warner release called 'The Smiths Complete'. This project has taken place without any consultation to Morrissey, and without any approach to Morrissey from either Warner, Rhino, or Johnny Marr. Therefore, Morrissey has no knowledge of the remixes, and has had no input in the project... " (2011)
FWD.
I thought he was very much involved in The Complete Smiths? Or was that The Sound of The Smiths?

Anyway, TTY:

(2008)

FWD.
I remember all of this and I stayed well away just as he asked.

“Being Warner, predictably the sleeve art is appalling. It is the work of cash-hounds, and I urge people NOT to buy it. I am not signed to Warner, and no royalties from this DVD will come to me. Please spend your money elsewhere. Thank you, MORRISSEY.” (2008)

hahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom