Morrissey Central "AND WHEN YOU’RE DANCING AND LAUGHING AND FINALLY LIVING…" (March 29, 2024)

full

Last edited by a moderator:
"Having had the very good fortune to have worked up close and personal with THE SMITHS, I can vouch that THE SMYTHS are the most excellent "tribute" to the Smiths' music and legacy. The Smyths' musicianship is undoubtedly of a very high standard enabling them to play every song from The Smiths and Morrissey's catalog with incredible precision and feel. Go and see them live, you won't be disappointed"

STEPHEN STREET, PRODUCER OF THE SMITHS

He may have pinched the Quarry tour idea from our Viva Morrissey but why is he acknowledging these boys?!

Well, yes, all right. The Smyths are great, and do what they they do with love and ardour, but any of 100s of gigs could have been chosen. This is yet another late night vodka trawl.

Come on man, get some help.

Well, yes, all right. The Smyths are great, and do what they they do with love and ardour, but any of 100s of gigs could have been chosen. This is yet another late night vodka trawl.

Come on man, get some help.

He’s not doing anything much different to what you’re doing right now— posting something on the internet which is of little relevance to most people. But I suppose the main difference is he’s posting it on his own website and you’re posting on a website devoted to him (for the 18,082nd time). Come on man, get some help.

For a millisecond after seeing the post title I harboured hope of a new Moz album. Then I spanked myself in the face with a wet plimsoll.

Maybe he's saying this is the closest you'll get to Morrissey this year.

Might as well have just written -

The passing of time
And all of its crimes
Is making me sad again

The passing of time
And all of its sickening crimes
Is making me sad again

Maybe he's saying this is the closest you'll get to Morrissey this year.

Might as well have just written -

The passing of time
And all of its crimes
Is making me sad again

The passing of time
And all of its sickening crimes
Is making me sad again
I hope not! I don't know why he's endorsing them as they're shite. They don't (look or) sound like him/The Smiths.

Some tour news would be great. Even if he's not touring this year. But that seems too organised for central.

I hope not! I don't know why he's endorsing them as they're shite. They don't (look or) sound like him/The Smiths.

Some tour news would be great. Even if he's not touring this year. But that seems too organised for central.

Fair enough. I have seen them and quite enjoyed the experience - though I had promised myself not to take them too seriously. It was a fun night out anyway.

I'm not sure of the purpose behind the post. Maybe it's just an innocent plug. Maybe Morrissey isn't behind it at all.

Or maybe he is.... and the title is telling.

At least with each new post, we know he is living and breathing in this world. Still very strange to me there has been no health update when he knows people will be concerned, but he is entitled to some privacy regarding these matters.

Would be interested to see the next photo of him. Dare I say, he looked a little frail in the last Parisian photos. I'm just glad he's still with us today, even if he's still ill (hopefully feeling better soon)

Last edited:
Fair enough. I have seen them and quite enjoyed the experience - though I had promised myself not to take them too seriously. It was a fun night out anyway.

I'm not sure of the purpose behind the post. Maybe it's just an innocent plug. Maybe Morrissey isn't behind it at all.

At least with each new post, we know he is living and breathing in this world. Still very strange to me there has been no health update, but he is entitled to some privacy regarding these matters.

Would be interested to see the next photo of him. Dare I say, he looked a little frail in the last Parisian photo. I'm just glad he's still with us today, even if he's still ill (hopefully feeling better soon)
I don't really like tribute acts unless they are excellent - I'm going to see trex/Marc Bolan tribute later in the year as my mum adores them but this band actually sound like trex. Lead singer has the same tone as Bolan in places. But I don't hear the singer from The Smyth's sounding anything like M.

I'm glad you had a good night. I don't begrudge anyone a good time with so much stress and crap in this world right now.

Yeh, it's interesting to speculate on why it was posted. Very unusual. It has to mean something surely.

I wasn't expecting a health update, tbqh. He just doesn't share these things very much at all unless he feels pushed into it. The first time we hear new dates announced will be a sign that he's better or thinks he is well enough to gig, at least. Until then, it's a waiting game. 9 months is simply too long between shows for me.

I don't think it is Morrissey - I can't see how any amount of vodka would make him interested in that poster. But anyway...

Tribute acts keep a lot of theatres alive - so even if I don't quite get the appeal - I'm glad they've got an audience.

I don't really like tribute acts unless they are excellent - I'm going to see trex/Marc Bolan tribute later in the year as my mum adores them but this band actually sound like trex. Lead singer has the same tone as Bolan in places. But I don't hear the singer from The Smyth's sounding anything like M.

I'm glad you had a good night. I don't begrudge anyone a good time with so much stress and crap in this world right now.

Yeh, it's interesting to speculate on why it was posted. Very unusual. It has to mean something surely.

I wasn't expecting a health update, tbqh. He just doesn't share these things very much at all unless he feels pushed into it. The first time we hear new dates announced will be a sign that he's better or thinks he is well enough to gig, at least. Until then, it's a waiting game. 9 months is simply too long between shows for me.

I think he probably wants us to think it means something (and is slightly entertained by creating posts that we will read into)

He thrives on enigmatic ambiguity after all.

I'm not sure how new dates could be announced when so many venues, promoters and insurance companies etc will be getting cold feet due to the track record of previous cancellations - particularly in this economic climate.

Hope I'm proved wrong (maybe it's not as tough as I imagine)

Hope you and your mum enjoy the T Rex tribute!

Last edited:
The singer of The Smyths does not know the correct lyrics to Hand in Glove. He keeps doing it. Is anyone ever going to tell him? If you're reading this, lead-singer-of-the-smyths, for the love of god...

It's "If the people stare THEN the people stare"

Not LET the people stare.

Talk about 'you only had one job...'

At least with each new post, we know he is living and breathing in this world. Still very strange to me there has been no health update when he knows people will be concerned, but he is entitled to some privacy regarding these matters.

Would be interested to see the next photo of him. Dare I say, he looked a little frail in the last Parisian photos. I'm just glad he's still with us today, even if he's still ill (hopefully feeling better soon)
yip saw them a few years ago and had a great night,the singer makes the effort to look like M the rest of the band not so much.it is what it is,a tribute band.
when did tribute acts become so expensive,my sisters went to see a george michael tribute in the concert hall in glasgow which is a good size,£35 and yet they went to see the alive and kicking george michael years ago at hampden park with 50,000 people,£50.

i cant see any shows until an album comes out and if the band take up touring with other artists then that could be a bad sign as well.

T

T.Rextacy are great, saw them a couple of months ago, you will have a good night with your ma.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom