Who has met morrissey?

I thought that Jake was shorter. And is Moz wearing a wedding ring there?

I think Jake is shorter than Moz, but I'm pretty sure that is him...someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know Jake was with Moz at the Tower signing in Philly in '94. He looked just like that guy in the picture. Hmm. About the "wedding" ring...Moz usually wears some kind of ring, but I don't think it's a band. He was wearing a mans class ring for a while too.

Can anyone provide me with more of an insight into Jake and his involvement with Morrissey? I have read stuff and it is quite sketchy, was just wondering if anyone can shed more light. Cheers.

Can anyone provide me with more of an insight into Jake and his involvement with Morrissey? I have read stuff and it is quite sketchy, was just wondering if anyone can shed more light. Cheers.

Please don't quote me but... Jake is "supposedly" one of Morrissey's only relationships...no one is really sure if it's true. Jake was "supposedly" addicted to heroine(?). Ok, that's all I'm going to say...

Jake has said of his relationship with Morrissey that they have shared a house and were "best mates".

Last edited:
Thankyou morrisseychic, for your pictures :)

Please don't quote me but... Jake is "supposedly" one of Morrissey's only relationships...no one is really sure if it's true. Jake was "supposedly" addicted to heroine(?). Ok, that's all I'm going to say...

Jake has said of his relationship with Morrissey that they have shared a house and were "best mates".

Thanks, yeah, wasn't he a boxer or something? I'm not too sure...

The first time I met him was Sept, 19, 1992 at Brandesis University before the show. I waited out back and he came out of the door. I walked up to him and put my arm around him and walked him to his car.
img192.jpg2.jpg

The second time was May 3, 1994 at Tower Records in Boston. He was doing a instore signing. You got an autograph and a hug. His huggs are so amazing! He totally embraces you. He told me I was so small and gave me a extra squeeze! He is truly amazing! :D
img190.jpg2.jpg

img188.jpg
You are one lucky girl!
I can't see our Moz doing a record store signing these days, especially since so many record stores don't exist anymore, Tower etc.

i met him and saw him up close behine the lowry after a gig it was f***in ace all it was was a personal smile and a wave to me an me mum because we had waited for yonks saw him then get in to his merc and drive of i went home smiling and thinking about the pose he pulled and was wowed for the rest of the week :) simple things

I was in line for that signing in Boston but didn't make it. My heart broke. I was there for like 9 or 10 hours and couldn't get to the door before the signing ended, and yet behind me the line went on and on for about 1/4 mile. It was really a sight to see.

--jeniphir

I was in line for that signing in Boston but didn't make it. My heart broke. I was there for like 9 or 10 hours and couldn't get to the door before the signing ended, and yet behind me the line went on and on for about 1/4 mile. It was really a sight to see.

--jeniphir

I'm soo sorry so you! I know how you feel, Duran Duran did a instore signing there in 1989 and I didn't meet them. I standing inline for hours in the rain. I was standing before the subway entrance and i still didn't meet them:( I did go up in the store during the signing and managed to get some pics. The whole thing was mess. People cutting inline. the people who met them were dry. If you were inline you should have been wet for standing in the cold rain for hours.

I'm soo sorry so you! I know how you feel, Duran Duran did a instore signing there in 1989 and I didn't meet them. I standing inline for hours in the rain. I was standing before the subway entrance and i still didn't meet them:( I did go up in the store during the signing and managed to get some pics. The whole thing was mess. People cutting inline. the people who met them were dry. If you were inline you should have been wet for standing in the cold rain for hours.

This is why I don't attempt these record signings normally. I only did once kind of on impulse to see Ringo Starr and by some very odd twist of fate, we got there about an hour before it was due to be over, my coworker and I who went with me didn't get one of those wristbands, but I guess Ringo was in a good mood that night or something because he was willing to see a few more people after they got through the wristbanded folks, and then they cut the line off about 5 people behind us.

Unfortunately since we did go on a spur of the moment, I didn't bring my camera or have one on me to get a pic of or with him. But I got a pic of my signed CD on my MySpace and he was the greatest. Very chatty and genuine which I honestly didn't expect.

I would love to try and attempt to meet Morrissey at such an event one day but considering the sheer size of his fan base I don't think it would work out like that. i can see more of a chance meeting happening then at a organized event.

I don't think I'd want to meet him. It would be too much for me.
He's like the virgin mary...I would have to touch him somehow..someway...
and that's weird..I'll be the first to admit...:)

When I met Dave Gahan I was able to control myself, get an autograph an keep the line moving and he's been my fantasy for way longer than Morrissey, but it's different with Morrissey..can't explain it..but you know what I mean :)

I was 15 the first time, in 1992 at Sam Goody on Hollywood Blvd(where the Knitting factory now is), and he was absolutely the kindest, genuine man to me, even though I was sobbing like a little bitch. I will never forget about how those few minutes made such a massive impact on my life... And I got it all recorded on video, thank you Michelle, wherever the hell you are!!:(

img190.jpg2.jpg

For those who don't know...that is "Jake" in the background with the white denim jacket on. He looks like he's giving you the hairy eyeball, morrisseychic! :eek: Jake was with Moz a lot in and around 1994.

This is the only picture I've seen where Jake looks almost hot.

Mine are green. I find I get a lot of attention because of them. Anyone care to be fooled?

I noticed it straight away- tis beguiling...

I met Morrissey's mother Elizabeth Dwyerback in 1989. I went round his house see if he wanted to play out, and his mum answered the door, and very sweetly and politely told me to basically sling me 'ook!

I can understand it- at the time, she must have got bothered by fans almost every day of the week.

Tags
fans jake
Back
Top Bottom