I Met Morrissey last night

philtj2008

I was at the Damien Dempsey in Cork last night and Morrissey was there. I got to shake his hand. I'm going to see him tonight and am so excited. The Damo concert was amazing too by the way.

I was at the Damien Dempsey in Cork last night and Morrissey was there. I got to shake his hand. I'm going to see him tonight and am so excited. The Damo concert was amazing too by the way.
Happy?:p Yes, do you have some details?:cool:Thanks.:)

I was at the bar when Morrissey was led into the dressing rooms to meet with Damien. Later on I was at the front of the stage beside a cordoned off area where Morrissey's band were already sitting. Suddenly he was right beside me. I shook his hand and told him I was going to the gig tomorrow night and was really looking forward to it. He said Thank You and took his seat. He really got into the Damo gig. On his way out I asked for him to play Hairdresser on Fire at the gig but he was swept away by security. I then said to Boz "If you have any influence please ask him to play Hairdresser on Fire". He just laughed. The Damien gig was amazing and meeting Morrissey was just so unexpected. I'm still on a high today and so looking forward to the concert tonight.

I was at the bar when Morrissey was led into the dressing rooms to meet with Damien. Later on I was at the front of the stage beside a cordoned off area where Morrissey's band were already sitting. Suddenly he was right beside me. I shook his hand and told him I was going to the gig tomorrow night and was really looking forward to it. He said Thank You and took his seat. He really got into the Damo gig. On his way out I asked for him to play Hairdresser on Fire at the gig but he was swept away by security. I then said to Boz "If you have any influence please ask him to play Hairdresser on Fire". He just laughed. The Damien gig was amazing and meeting Morrissey was just so unexpected. I'm still on a high today and so looking forward to the concert tonight.

That must have been great randomly bumping in to him like that:D. You are very lucky!!

haha, so you were just standing there and turned around and he was *boom* right next to you? haha. i think i wouldve had a heart attack.

Aw, such a lovely story! I don't think I could have remained that calm. Or been able to form a coherent sentence for that matter. :D

Aw, such a lovely story! I don't think I could have remained that calm. Or been able to form a coherent sentence for that matter. :D

I don't think it hit me until I got home. I couldn't get to sleep. Am in work now and am so excited about last night and the concert tonight that I can barely concentrate.

Very cool, phil...and way to keep your wits about you and say something 'meaningful' and interesting to him, not just a OHMYGODILOVEYOUILOVEYOUYOUSAVEDMYLIFE!!!! like I might do :p

Have you washed your hand yet? Did it smell of cologne? Don't tell me you didn't take a whiff ;) How freaked out will you be if he sings Hairdresser on Fire?! :guitar:

I don't think it hit me until I got home. I couldn't get to sleep. Am in work now and am so excited about last night and the concert tonight that I can barely concentrate.

haha! Feeling dazed? :D
I've never met any of my heroes so I can't even beging to imagine what it must feel like. Is it like a rush of adrenaline?

Very cool, phil...and way to keep your wits about you and say something 'meaningful' and interesting to him, not just a OHMYGODILOVEYOUILOVEYOUYOUSAVEDMYLIFE!!!! like I might do :p

Have you washed your hand yet? Did it smell of cologne? Don't tell me you didn't take a whiff ;) How freaked out will you be if he sings Hairdresser on Fire?! :guitar:

If he sings it I will be soooooooooooo touched and will probably collapse in shock.

Thank you!:D
If he sees you tonight, he will recognize you...:guitar: And then...:eek: Anything is possible...;)
Well, good luck for your work this afternoon :p and good show tonight. It begins earlier, if I have read well...

I hate you but in a good way. :p

AWWWW SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :D

How on earth did I miss seeing this thread until just now? :eek:

I totally hate you...but just cause that will NEVER happen to me!

Oh! So lucky!

Back
Top Bottom