Stuck in a lift with Moz - wot to say?

''I spy with my little eye, something beginning with.....'' (insert whatever letter)

Jukebox Jury

-4th for me.
and then:
-'i'm sure you get this all the time, but you like exactly like that singer. what's the name? the one who's a bit queer and used to sing in the stone roses or something like that.

...'i'm sure you get this all the time, but you like exactly like that singer. what's the name? the one who's a bit queer and used to sing in the stone roses or something like that.

Haha, very good. He'd probably admire your coyness - he knows you know him fine well.

Weren’t you in that band with Mike Joyce?

I'd consider myself very lucky he was getting off on the same floor as me! *mwahahah*:sweet::D:cool:

OK, it's not much of a question, but Karen Taylor of BBC TV's 'Touch Me, I'm Karen Taylor' and formerly of ITV's 'Sketch Show' of a few years ago was asked in a local newspaper interview, who she'd most like to be stuck in a lift with, and she came up with our man.

Trouble is, she then said she wouldn't know what to say to him! As a back-up, I suppose, she then said it would be Tom Cruise, to see how short he really is, which loses a few brownie points, I'm sure, with a few of us.

I know it's a similar question to past postings, but what would you talk about if in that predicament/paradise?

Oh, the neverending fruits of the imagination, huh?;)
Frankly, I'd be gobsmacked. I probably could not talk at all,
or if I had been drinking,
I may well be a blithering idiot.....

according to this article from a morrissey roadie
http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle3245740.ece
he like meetings with people who like his music who are neither too awestruck
not too animated
(maybe gal was also a bit too awestruck when he meet moz with lior so gal had the feeling of moz prefering lior as a dialogue partner overall...
s o i think mel torment`s reaction was just the way he want it to be...

i would say nothing..i know myself....maybe smiling...but i get nervous and uncomfortable around people anyway
it doesnt have to be moz to be there to make me nervous...well Im strange...

but i would never stuck in a lift with him since the hotels (or better: hotels) I visit
he wouldnt even have had slept in these "ratholes" before his whole music "career" started..

same with stores (clothing) i rarely shop.
.maybe i would meet i him in a record store that would be more likely...
or i will be behind the counter since this was my apprenticeship job as well as i still from time to time work in record shops...
so if we conversate-and i think it woill be more likely if he is looking at some cds (or better in his case LP`s ) you do have something to talk about beside the weather or some randon things one do talk about in alift with a stranger
..it would be about music and films because he has a well as I have a pretty good knowlege about the whole history as well as some things out of the present...
.and as we know he is very enthusiatic about both themes too.. so we would never run out of these particular themes:D
there were stories about some record shop(moz visited) and a record shop owner i(n england or america) who had some pictures of moz(pretty much like a shrine) on his wall and was embarressed when moz did see that
but morrissey himseld did quite like that.. couldnt find the link to this story...

Last edited:
I'd start talking to him like I do with everyone else. I just wouldn't make a fuss. Realize that huge difference between hectically meeting Moz between other fans in some loud mess..and having his company in a situation like this where you're simply two persons temporarily united by something totally unpredictable happening to you both. I wouldn't even imagine myself being nervous. Excited, yes, shreeking-fangirls-way excited, never.

I'd say "Ohmygod, Morrissey, er, hello". Then I'd start to shake a little bit, wait for his reaction, try and respond appropriately, and fail. :(

Weren’t you in that band with Mike Joyce?

Hahaha, I think Moz would have a little chuckle at that.

I would probably just have a brief conversation about how annoying getting stuck in lifts is and then just absent mindedly look about whilst humming a Smiths song under my breath.

Love PTxx.

Hmmm... honestly, probably nothing. I'd probably give him a very warm smile when I realized who he was, then nothing further (unless he was standing nearer the buttons.) I'm really fairly shy in person. I would be unable to impose on him. But then, after, I'd think of ten clever things to say and gnash my teeth for days wishing I had had the courage.

Oh, wait- stuck in a lift? For how long? That changes things. It would be rude not to start a conversation in those circumstances. I could whip out my cell phone and save the day, since he reportedly doesn't own one.

Then I'd challenge him to a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Because, what else are you going to do, stuck in an elevator?

Last edited:
WHEN , He see shine in my eyes and he WILL SAY something
Only AFTER , I WILL SAY something ;):o

Last edited:
Well, you'd have to say something, wouldn't you?

I did mean 'stuck in a non-moving, non-functioning lift' that appears to be going nowhere fast. So some kind of conversation normally gets going doesn't it?

I suppose that sighing "Aahh...now my heart is full..." or sniggering and saying "The more you ignore me..." etc would both be inappropriate, wouldn't they?

Striking up a normal conversation would be preferable certainly, and I suppose it would be easy to get something going along the lines of the British/Asian/'insert country' of origin here' workmanship that contributed to the failing elevator.

Some nice lines here, though, that would be hard to resist - like the Stone Roses and Mike Joyce comments.

Cheers!

Hour 1: "It's a pleasure to meet you. You're a hero of mine. How the f*** are we going to get out of this elevator?"

Hour 5: "So, how the f*** are we going to get out of this elevator?"

Hour 20: "I don't think we're going to get out alive. I'm glad one of us believes meat is murder, haha."

Hour 38: "To die by your side...heh."

Hour 66: "Be honest. Were you and Johnny ever romantic?"

Hour 71: "I guess I can finally give up on that Smiths reunion."

Hour 84: "I just wanted you to know that the next time you pass out I'm going to stab you with this Swiss Army knife I'm carrying, bleed you out, and festively slice you up for food. Festively slice. I thought you'd relish the irony, sir".

Hour 85: Nom nom nom nom nom.

Last edited:
Worm, if either of you had a belt or anything that could be used as a tourniquet, you wouldn't have to kill anyone, just draw straws to see who loses a hand. Is Moz a lefty?

Worm, if either of you had a belt or anything that could be used as a tourniquet, you wouldn't have to kill anyone, just draw straws to see who loses a hand. Is Moz a lefty?

Frankly I'm not sure I would be willing to find out what would happen if I suddenly started unbuckling my belt in front of the man.

He'd just turn around.

"Oh no, Morrissey...haha...you see...it's not like that...not what you think! I was, uh...taking off my belt because...uh...a tourniquet! I was going to make a tourniquet. Because I want to stab you. No, just stab you. Haha, what were you thinking?"

Back
Top Bottom