Its Sad to Say...

Re: ROTT Depreciation Thread...

Agree 100%. I am ugly. And I am not swift.

But I am right

Stop sulking, have some ice cream. :D

01AwcAX2cUQjsAAAABAAAAAAAAAAA:.jpg

Hey Jeff,

I understand where you're coming from....I thought ROTT was subpar at best myself. In fact I don't like any of the album songs except for maybe "Dear God Please Help Me"
Some of the b-sides were ok like Ganglord, Good looking Man..., Sweetie Pie, Christian Dior... but on the whole nothing special.
I don't think we should rule Moz out or give up on him just yet though.
I've been a fan for over 20 years and he has yet to completely let me down with the music. I mean the music of today is so crappy that I'd rather listen to ROTT than most of the rest of it.
I think this next album will be back on track for Moz. I'm liking some of the new songs like Mama.... and Something Is Squeezing....
plus with Alain back we should get that more melodic dynamic we had missed with Jessie Tobias' writing.
Quarry had some of the best b-sides of his career so I know he's "still got it"

thoughts?

You people confuse me. I know I live in the other side of the world, but April's fool was yesterday right??

BUT I don't like ROTT nor the way Moz seems to believe it was a great album and if it didn't make the charts was because of some media plot.

Hey Jeff,

I understand where you're coming from....I thought ROTT was subpar at best myself. In fact I don't like any of the album songs except for maybe "Dear God Please Help Me"
Some of the b-sides were ok like Ganglord, Good looking Man..., Sweetie Pie, Christian Dior... but on the whole nothing special.
I don't think we should rule Moz out or give up on him just yet though.
I've been a fan for over 20 years and he has yet to completely let me down with the music. I mean the music of today is so crappy that I'd rather listen to ROTT than most of the rest of it.
I think this next album will be back on track for Moz. I'm liking some of the new songs like Mama.... and Something Is Squeezing....
plus with Alain back we should get that more melodic dynamic we had missed with Jessie Tobias' writing.
Quarry had some of the best b-sides of his career so I know he's "still got it"

thoughts?

The consensus on ROTT (among the 100s who voted in the big poll) is that it's 10th best out of all 12 Moz/Smiths albums (with Kill Uncle and Maladjusted behind) so it's probably fair to say that it's pretty disappointing (tho personally I prefer it to Who Ate Me Curry).

The problem with the ROTT sessions (i.e. including b-sides) was the lack of really great stand-out songs. In our poll, none scored 9 out of 10 and only a couple got over 8.

But 'All You Need is Me' is pretty strong and the brand new songs played at the recent shows sound much better than the recent stuff so I reckon Moz could well have turned things round for the new album...

What kind of utter moron comes on a 'fan forum' for Morrissey and they don't even like Morrissey!?
Well yes, I understand you must be bored and want to kick up a fuss but why spend time bitching when you could just f*** off and spend your time on a *insert-shit-band-here* 'fan site'...they need you more than us and you won't be bored.
I assume your the one who put that dreadful Moz hating song on youtube as well. If you didn't you'd love it as it's possibly that type of mind melting tosh you would like anyway.
Cock off.

I am a former fan...and someone who knows a few people who matter in Moz's world.

But I am leaving...after being utterly disappointed in the Man, the Music and his fans.

Its sad when the Verve's reunion is more exciting to me then a new moz record.

You have a lot of vuv.

It always amuses me how people try and pretend they are soOOO sad about slagging off Morrissey. The main board is infested with them, all starting their nasty rants with "It hurts me to say this..." or "I'm so sad to have to say this...". (Of course, this could all be the same person. ;) )

Truth is they are not sad at all. They take immense pleasure at putting the boot in and being as nasty as possible. They are like the party pooper who's really pissed off that everyone else is having a nice time. If they were the really genuine people they claim and not the sad hypocrites they are they'd just piss off and we'd never hear anything more from them. :p

It always amuses me how people try and pretend they are soOOO sad about slagging off Morrissey. The main board is infested with them, all starting their nasty rants with "It hurts me to say this..." or "I'm so sad to have to say this...". (Of course, this could all be the same person. ;) )

Truth is they are not sad at all. They take immense pleasure at putting the boot in and being as nasty as possible. They are like the party pooper who's really pissed off that everyone else is having a nice time. If they were the really genuine people they claim and not the sad hypocrites they are they'd just piss off and we'd never hear anything more from them. :p

The fascinating thing is how they take time to write over and over again "how Moz is blah,blah..." it's fascinating really!
The man is sooo meaningless and disappointing that it takes them about 5000 posts to say it ... again and again and again :eek:

So you don't like him anymore? great! life goes on, so...why are you still here? :rolleyes:

Someone should study this because there must be an explanation! ... :D

ROTT is my favorite Morrissey album, actually. I think you're not right in the head.... but, strangely, I don't like you.

Back
Top Bottom