Shopping with my Morrissey!

end of june in new york!

i've been to 2 urban outfitters stores already knowing that the show was cancelled and in both stores they played "i want the one..."

i was so bummed :)

On a slightly different tangent, if Morrissey has a single out and I'm in HMV I always swap things about and put him at number one in the chart section.
It gives me a warm glow.

Top Shop Oxford Street often plays The Smiths and Morrissey.
Nearest Top Shop in James Selby store also plays Smiths and Morrissey which makes me happy. :)

I haven't had that experience but on three seperate occasions i heard Eastenders play Moz in the cafe.......my daughter looked at me and i was in shock. Obvioulsy there is a person there that loves his music. :) There is hope.

Was in Leeds yesterday and managed to hear 'Girlfriend In a Coma' playing in a shop called Relic Records. Then the strangest one occured as I went to the bank. I was standing in a very long que waiting to pay some money in and this guy in front of me who had not stopped complaining about the length of the line started singing 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now'. I was in complete shock for a moment that this thick set skin head was singing The Smiths and then as he turned to his mate or whoever it was they said to him "You Miserable Bastard" and they both started laughing. Well, it is Leeds after all what did I expect?

Was in Leeds yesterday and managed to hear 'Girlfriend In a Coma' playing in a shop called Relic Records. Then the strangest one occured as I went to the bank. I was standing in a very long que waiting to pay some money in and this guy in front of me who had not stopped complaining about the length of the line started singing 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now'. I was in complete shock for a moment that this thick set skin head was singing The Smiths and then as he turned to his mate or whoever it was they said to him "You Miserable Bastard" and they both started laughing. Well, it is Leeds after all what did I expect?

A glimmer of hope to be dashed....ah well, it's their loss. You still have us.....

Top Shop Oxford Street often plays The Smiths and Morrissey.
Nearest Top Shop in James Selby store also plays Smiths and Morrissey which makes me happy. :)

They have a new flagship Top Shop store in Cardiff. I went in there the other day and grimaced at the fashions for sale but in the blokes section they were playing The Jam Down In The Tube Station At Midnight and in the women's Patti Smith Gloria.

Top Shop!?!? Obviously their creative director has decreed classic "indie" (for want of a better word) is the new tour de force for background muzak.

I was shocked to hear The Smiths' "Still Ill" playing in a convenience store near where I live. It's a very Latin area, and usually they have Spanish-language music or talk radio playing. I was so stunned I just stood there and listened hard, to make sure my ears weren't deceiving me.

I haven't had that experience but on three seperate occasions i heard Eastenders play Moz in the cafe.......my daughter looked at me and i was in shock. Obvioulsy there is a person there that loves his music. :) There is hope.
I love that unexpected thrill of hearing Moz on Eastenders. I'm watching it in the US, and we are 5! years behind. So I'm seeing what Phil Mitchell ( I call him potato face) and Jeanine are up to and trying hard to hear Moz in the cafe and sometimes in the bar too!

I love that unexpected thrill of hearing Moz on Eastenders. I'm watching it in the US, and we are 5! years behind. So I'm seeing what Phil Mitchell ( I call him potato face) and Jeanine are up to and trying hard to hear Moz in the cafe and sometimes in the bar too!

My god 5 years behind:eek:...there's gonna be some right humdingers then, enjoy!:D

On a slightly different tangent, if Morrissey has a single out and I'm in HMV I always swap things about and put him at number one in the chart section.
It gives me a warm glow.
I love it!
If the Morrissey category is towards the back of the alphabetical display, I take his whole section and move to the front of the display for maximum visibility!

So funny this thread was started...about a month or two ago, I was in Express and all of the sudden I hear the violins in There Is A Light That Never Goes OUt playing, and I think to myself that the song sounds sooooo familiar, and all of the sudden the singer starts witht he words, and I got all happy and started singing the song. Pretty good cover.

Then this past weekend, I was in another store, and Bigmouth Strikes Again, all of the sudden came on, not too bad of a cover either, but it's funny cuz I never entirely recognize the cover songs as Moz songs, but they're always extremely familiar, then I recognize them completely, and i get all happy, start singing, and have to hold back from dancing to it cuz of being so happy. :D :D

So funny this thread was started...about a month or two ago, I was in Express and all of the sudden I hear the violins in There Is A Light That Never Goes OUt playing, and I think to myself that the song sounds sooooo familiar, and all of the sudden the singer starts witht he words, and I got all happy and started singing the song. Pretty good cover.

Then this past weekend, I was in another store, and Bigmouth Strikes Again, all of the sudden came on, not too bad of a cover either, but it's funny cuz I never entirely recognize the cover songs as Moz songs, but they're always extremely familiar, then I recognize them completely, and i get all happy, start singing, and have to hold back from dancing to it cuz of being so happy. :D :D

Express!?! The music programmers at these stores obviously have some good taste, even if they are playing a lot of covers rather than the original Moz.
Next time, don't hold back the dancing, enjoy the unexpected Moz moment!

Years ago, probably in late 2000 or early 2001, I was out eating in a Pepe's Mexican Restaurant with my baby son and my DH. Their radio was tuned to a local Spanish station (Chicago) and suddenly I heard the Mikel Erentxun cover of There Is A Light... it made me so sad. At that point I hadn't listened to Moz or Smiths in so long, and hadn't heard anything by or about him in so long. Mostly it reminded me of a friend who is gone now, and how much he would love that version. I laughed and cried into my flautas...

Express!?! The music programmers at these stores obviously have some good taste, even if they are playing a lot of covers rather than the original Moz.
Next time, don't hold back the dancing, enjoy the unexpected Moz moment!

Yeah EXPRESS!! And the other store was Forever 21. I was clearly shocked and kinda baffled! :D

Actually in Forever 21, I did kinda start dancing as Iquickly scanned through clothes, bearly looking at them because I was in too much shock and happiness a Morrissey cover song was playing. :D

when i went shopping with Morrissey, we bought some nice cardigans from Marks & Spencers. A klaus Nomi c.d from HMV. some bunches of gladiolus from the florist on the corner. Then we nipped in the tea shop and had scones with clotted cream and some jam.........then the doctor gave me my medicine for the day!

when i went shopping with Morrissey, we bought some nice cardigans from Marks & Spencers. A klaus Nomi c.d from HMV. some bunches of gladiolus from the florist on the corner. Then we nipped in the tea shop and had scones with clotted cream and some jam.........then the doctor gave me my medicine for the day!

Sounds sooo lovely. !:D

When I buy The Westfield Shopping Group..I will ensure that Morrissey is played in some form or another at all shopping malls

Back
Top Bottom