Shopping with my Morrissey!

Raquel

The Most Inept
Today I was at J. Crew (ew, I know) with a friend, and heard The Smiths version of Stop Me...
Then we went to The Gap (argh, I know), and heard Ask.
I was so thrilled to receive these unexpected treats.
Anyone else have Morrissey/Smiths shopping experiences?

One time I was at a clothing store and out of nowhere 'The more you ignore me" came on. I immediately ran under the speaker until it was over lol :D
Thats the only time ive ever heard Morrissey played anywhere. It would be cool to hear The Smiths somewhere...

i was at the dentist and i heard a do-wopish version of panic - a newish cd track out by a group called "the (i forget the first word) sisters"

If I heard Ask at Gap...I think people around me would stare. Everytime that I am there I only hear The Cure...I like Gap.

i was in a regular pizza place because we noticed they had a sign stating that they had vegan pizza.
so, of course, i needed to know more(as a vegan who loves pizza).
they were all out but the smiths were playing so i walked out happy anyways!

Could not believe one day at work (a supermarket) I heard Unhappy Birthday. Someone accidentally tuned into to the 80's alternative station on the satellite and heard deep tracks from some of my favorite artists. Heard Echo, Joy Division, even Gene Loves Jezebel of all people. Anyway it was an accident so it hasn't happened again,yet.

Oh, I thought this was going to be a thread about actually going shopping with El Mozzer.

Oh well.

Last year I heard "You Have Killed Me" being played in a shop at Montclair Plaza (in Moz Angeles). I think it was the Limited or Lerner or NYC somethingernuther. It seemed to come piped in from a corporate satellite.

The shop was empty of customers, but I saw the store clerk bopping around happily to the song. I don't buy my clothes there. I was just passing by on my way to somewhere....

my friend said she heard a smiths song at lens crafters today. she told me which song but it escapes my mind at the moment.

Could not believe one day at work (a supermarket) I heard Unhappy Birthday. Someone accidentally tuned into to the 80's alternative station on the satellite and heard deep tracks from some of my favorite artists. Heard Echo, Joy Division, even Gene Loves Jezebel of all people. Anyway it was an accident so it hasn't happened again,yet.
Hope someone makes that happy "accident" happen again for you sometime soon. Gene Loves Jezebel, oh my that is deep!

for me, it would be dangerous if they played good music in the stores where i shop. because i'd feel too good which would influence me to buy more thus spend more money. so now, when they blast their rap billboard top 10 crap, I get in there, grab a couple of things and get the hell out!

Quite often hear the Smiths round the place- heard How Soon Is Now most recently in a vintage store whilst wearing a Smiths tshirt, which was slightly embarrassing.

Strangely enough, I heard both This Charming Man and Stop Me during the sports report on the evening news on a major TV channel here. They cut to and from the ads with them. They followed that up the next evening with A Forest by The Cure. Someone working on sound for the evening news has very nice taste in music.

Quite often hear the Smiths round the place- heard How Soon Is Now most recently in a vintage store whilst wearing a Smiths tshirt, which was slightly embarrassing.QUOTE]
That would be embarassing, wearing The Smiths t-shirt whilst listening to The Smiths in the vintage store. I would take it a step further and sing along loudly for maximum superfan dork effect! Perhaps holding a sack full of Smiths CD's, with headphones on would add to the overall look!

for me, it would be dangerous if they played good music in the stores where i shop. because i'd feel too good which would influence me to buy more thus spend more money. so now, when they blast their rap billboard top 10 crap, I get in there, grab a couple of things and get the hell out!

I must say, hearing Moz whilst shopping did in fact inspire to buy several unnecessary items!

Have a go, Merchant

I must say, hearing Moz whilst shopping did in fact inspire to buy several unnecessary items!

Then those merchants should play "I Can Have Both"! Sales could go through the roof, I's tellin' ya! :p

I hope you have a pleasant dream about going shopping wiff Mozzer tonight! :D

Not exactly a shopping experience, but I was at the gym a few weeks ago and absolutely knackered after a good work out. I was just about to leave and Panic is played on the radio - I had to stay and do a few more minutes. It's the only time I've heard The Smiths while being there.

Back
Top Bottom