Morrissey papped going to bookstore!

I think Morrissey is famous enough, but the problem is there's no blanket of gossip surrounding him to bump up his "price." And is that how it works? Is there some kind of constantly updated alphabetical list that circulates in the gossip rag/website industry with fluctuating prices for snaps/video footage? At least the Cinega videorazzi seemed like a genuine fan, if a bit cloying.

Que? Oh, you meant the La Cienega stalkerazzi guy. I don't think he was a genuine fan. He just happened to know who Moz was. He was doing the lame equivalent of air kissing when saying that he loves Morrissey. I know there are "fans" who used to stalk Moz at his house and such, but they don't hang around trendy WeHo sleb restaurants with a videocamera hoping to get a shot of slebs. No, they used to go to Mozzer's house to do a host of crazy and annoying things.

I don't really know about paparazzi and their price lists, but I remember that in February 1995, Playgirl Magazine thought Moz was famous enough to feature in their juicy gossip pages. Of course, the gossip is utter bollocks -- hur hur. The scan is attached. It's especially strange because 1995 was a barren time in terms of US media interest in Moz.

A friend who worked in the dorm mailroom spotted Moz in a resident's issue of Playgrrrl and told me about it. I bought it solely for Mozzer's appearance in it. Too bad it wasn't a spread! :p

Later on, I cut up the magazine to make a collage and entered the homoerotic images in a "Sleep Well Tonight" contest. My entry also featured a floating Moz head. All I won was an autographed vinyl of Gene's Olympian. That was nice because someone broke into my car and stole my cds, among them an autographed cd of Olympian (which Gene had signed for me when I interviewed Martin Rossitter).

I doubt anybody would know who Morrissey was on the streets of L.A. 2008 unless they were a fan, a partner of a fan, or an ex-fan.

Que? Oh, you meant the La Cienega stalkerazzi guy. I don't think he was a genuine fan. He just happened to know who Moz was. He was doing the lame equivalent of air kissing when saying that he loves Morrissey.

I doubt anybody would know who Morrissey was on the streets of L.A. 2008 unless they were a fan, a partner of a fan, or an ex-fan.

Lots of people in Moz Angeles know who he is without necessarily being a fan. That's just ridiculous when you start mentioning ex-fans.

Dood, I live in Hell A. I gather you do NOT! Have you ever been to L.A.? As a non-tourist? I would not presume to tell you that I know up-to-the-minute things in Tokyo better than you do as I haven't been there in three years.

Lots of people in Moz Angeles know who he is without necessarily being a fan. That's just ridiculous when you start mentioning ex-fans.

Dood, I live in Hell A. I gather you do NOT! Have you ever been to L.A.? As a non-tourist? I would not presume to tell you that I know up-to-the-minute things in Tokyo better than you do as I haven't been there in three years.

touchy touchy.

I didn't say they wouldn't know who he is, as a name in music, just that they wouldn't pick him out on a street, especially with the amount of older photos being used as of late...ahem.

Unfortunately there seem to be heaps of ex-fans on this site -- especially on the main page. I will never be one.

hey Mel, I actually have alot of friends who have no idea who Morrissey is either. Most them only know what he looks like now because I shoved his pics in their faces. Most of my friends still would not be able to name one Morrissey or Smiths song (because they are losers :mad:)! I can't explain why this is--I think there are just alot of people in this world who know absolutely nothing about music. :confused: I think the videographer was likely a casual fan. I bet he could name more Moz songs than all my friends combined.

I didn't say they wouldn't know who he is, as a name in music, just that they wouldn't pick him out on a street, especially with the amount of older photos being used as of late...ahem.

Umm, okay, point taken.

But still he's recognised often enough by fans or non-fan paps.

People who aren't fans, that is they're not fan enough to actually attend one of the numerous concerts he does in L.A., have spotted him all throughout Hollyweird. They say stuff like, "Oh he was here (well-known Mozspot) last week with his wimmin." That made me laugh 'cos the girl who said it rolled her eyes and made it comically sound like he had this harem. Then some other non-fan (as in knows about him but does not go to his concerts) asked, "Isn't he gay?" I had to laugh some more. This particular conversation happened last month, so even pure non-fans (not closely linked to fans or ex-fans) know what he looks like in 2008.

Unfortunately there seem to be heaps of ex-fans on this site -- especially on the main page. I will never be one.

Yeah, I don't see why I'd give up now, either. I've just accepted my condition as terminal.

I don't get it -- why are these supposed ex-fans still around here, bitching about how they don't care about Moz anymore and are selling off/dumping their collection?!

They sound like the psychotic ex who yells, "I don't care about you! You are dead to me!" and yet phones every night very late, usually hanging up like a coward.

All they need is Moz.

Last edited:
That's all very nice, but you don't live in Hell A, either. So I'm guessing your friends that you speak of don't live in Hell A. And by your own admission, your friends aren't very musically savvy.

If the La Cienega videorazzi was a casual fan, he's still an asshole and obviously there primarily as paparazzi. If you liked someone, would you purposely get in his face with a camera when clearly he's displeased about it? And then sell the vid or use it for profit? What the hell kind of fan does that? I guess the same asshole fan that goes to Mozzer's house and blocks Mozzer's car in so he has to get out and talk to his stalkers? But at least these stalker assholes do not broadcast a video of their exploits for profit.

hey Mel, I actually have alot of friends who have no idea who Morrissey is either. Most them only know what he looks like now because I shoved his pics in their faces. Most of my friends still would not be able to name one Morrissey or Smiths song (because they are losers :mad:)! I can't explain why this is--I think there are just alot of people in this world who know absolutely nothing about music. :confused: I think the videographer was likely a casual fan. I bet he could name more Moz songs than all my friends combined.

That La Cienega video made me wonder how much these photos and video of Moz are worth.... I can't understand who the paparazzi would think he could sell a picture of Morrissey coming out of a totally normal non-adult (or even adult for that matter) bookstore to anyway? It seems to me that the only people interested in Morrissey walking to his car would be "fans" and we're pretty much all against the fact that these pictures were ever taken, and it's not like the few people who are interested and not upset by them are going to pay lots of money for them. :confused: The Star or the Enquirer don't want them so WTF?

That La Cienega video made me wonder how much these photos and video of Moz are worth.... I can't understand who the paparazzi would think he could sell a picture of Morrissey coming out of a totally normal non-adult (or even adult for that matter) bookstore to anyway? It seems to me that the only people interested in Morrissey walking to his car would be "fans" and we're pretty much all against the fact that these pictures were ever taken, and it's not like the few people who are interested and not upset by them are going to pay lots of money for them. :confused: The Star or the Enquirer don't want them so WTF?

I want to see photos of Morrissey coming out of an adult bookstore. Am I awful?

D:

I am awful.

I also believe Samuel French is a store that carries plays and scripts if I am recalling correctly from my theatre days.

Yeah, it is. My high school's theater dept. used to go there on after school trips every week to buy monologues and scripts. It's the biggest shop of it's kind in L.A.

pacificphotos009092bq9.jpg

Darling, it was really a very good idea not to wear your cap, cause you are incredibly gorgeous!:horny:

By the way, I hope those stupid paparazzi (even if I am too happy to see Morrissey) won't follow him everywhere, cause it will become unbearable for him!

So it wasn't an adult bookstore?

Daww...

but somehow a script/play store or whatever fits him too. Then again any bookstore does.

Okay now I'm just rambling..

pacificphotos009092bq9.jpg

Darling, it was really a very good idea not to wear your cap, cause you are incredibly gorgeous!:horny:

By the way, I hope those stupid paparazzi (even if I am too happy to see Morrissey) won't follow him everywhere, cause it will become unbearable for him!

I agree about the paparazzi. I think the first time was kind of novel for him but after times number 2 and 3, if the rumors that he has moved to Malibu are true...he may be rethinking his decision.

I agree about the paparazzi. I think the first time was kind of novel for him but after times number 2 and 3, if the rumors that he has moved to Malibu are true...he may be rethinking his decision.

I don't see Moz living in Malibu, if only for the peaceful seclusion. I wonder where this rumour started. Malibu is a bit far off from all his favorite restaurants, bookstores and record shops. And it's very chi-chi trendy. I think he's more of a West Hollywood type or somewhere in that area.

It seems to me that the only people interested in Morrissey walking to his car would be "fans" and we're pretty much all against the fact that these pictures were ever taken, and it's not like the few people who are interested and not upset by them are going to pay lots of money for them. :confused: The Star or the Enquirer don't want them so WTF?

Well, I agree that probably no one's paying the paps fantastic money for photos of a goodlooking (but irked) Moz about town. However, it's still worth some money. Whether we agreed with Moz getting papped or not, many did go to the website, no? I'm guilty of looking. And each view of the website either promotes the webshite or directly counts as ad-revenue for the webshite. Not a whole lotta hits compared to what some nasty photos of a skanked out sleb having a crackpipe meltdown would get, but maybe enough to pay the webhosting bill for that day.

The pap was obviously there anyway, not necessarily tracking down Moz per se. The pap seemed to be loitering outside of a trendy sleb hotspot on La Cienega. He just happened to catch Moz there.

I want to see photos of Morrissey coming out of an adult bookstore. Am I awful?

D:

I am awful.

So am I.

But better a bookstore than a videostore, eh? I think dirty books are grrrreeeeeattttt!

Not quite an adult bookstore, but I love Mozzer checking out the selection of treats inside of a Pigalle sex shop (July 1992, Paris).

q922.jpg

Here's His Mozzernesss posing in front of some one-handed literature (also July 1992, Paris).
q928.jpg

Even though I hope that he wasn't annoyed or truly bothered by the paps....

these pictures made me very happy. :) He looks wonderful.

Tags
paparazzi photo
Back
Top Bottom