Morrissey’s vocal melodies

I've been on both sides too, I'm not trying to make out that I'm some kind of saint. Sometimes I poke and prod a bit too much.

I suppose all I'm suggesting is that having an awareness and some self-evaluation in a situation can help to keep the ego in check (if not in that instance, then maybe in the next) - it's a constant process.

One of the main things I've learned is about the pitfalls of habitual reactivity, and that it's possible to elongate the period of time between stimulus and response.

'Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom' - Viktor E. Frankl
We all need to spend a lot more time in that grey area in between. I for one believe that that is where God is. And I thoroughly believe that that is where we need to be. At least it’s where I need to be. Sadly, I do sometimes wander.

A few more exquisite vocal melodies, off the top of my head:

We all need to spend a lot more time in that grey area in between. I for one believe that that is where God is. And I thoroughly believe that that is where we need to be. At least it’s where I need to be. Sadly, I do sometimes wander.

I love that you talk of God in this way. For so many years I thought of God only as an entity in the sky - now I understand that God really can be found anywhere (but most profoundly, inside of us)

We all deviate at times, but it's all about awareness and reducing our own suffering as well as mitigating the suffering of others.

I guess that's why it's called a practice.

Keeping things on topic, I love how this one flows - and the lyrics of course.

Last edited:
This is one of my all time favourite vocals - I also love the atmospheric video someone made to accompany it.

Has anyone posted this yet?
Edit: Just seen that someone has, but it’s so good I’ll post it again anyway.

I love that you talk of God in this way. For so many years I thought of God only as an entity in the sky - now I understand that God really can be found anywhere (but most profoundly, inside of us)

We all deviate at times, but it's all about awareness and reducing our own suffering as well as mitigting the suffering of others.

I guess that's why it's called a practice.

Keeping things on topic, I love how this one flows - and the lyrics of course.

Christ told the Pharisees in Luke that “the kingdom of God is in your midst.” And I really believe that. It’s a matter of keeping an open heart.

Yes, awareness. That’s the key.

God nonsense on this thread, and politics everywhere else… remember when this site was a bit of a laugh?

God nonsense on this thread, and politics everywhere else… remember when this site was a bit of a laugh?
Who says it can’t be a bit of everything?

the exorcist horror GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

The Exorcist Stairs GIF by filmeditor

The Exorcist GIF by filmeditor

Other than drinking Gallons of holy water each day Audrey, what is your tipple?
And don’t give me some olde codswallop
About sipping a swanky expensive liquor.
Be honest about your alcohol intake….
After all you are amongst friends here.

I have no idea who Audrey or Samantha are.

If either of them are me, please just say so :LOL:

Off-topic, Carlislebaz! But my favorite drink is Kentucky Bourbon, pretty much the local beverage here in the American South, and a fine one indeed. Evan Williams is my usual, being a budget brand, and Buffalo Trace is my occasional splurge for quality. My afternoon drink is a White Russian. Wine with dinner is either Malbec or Chianti. Beers: Guinness, Carlsberg, and Newcastle. I think Newcastle is Cumbrian, is it not?

Back
Top Bottom