Margaret Thatcher

The woman's an absolute witch. I'll celebrate the day she dies along with millions of others. She destroyed this country, her philosophy was to look after number one. Her impact upon Britain was huge, it still is, she changed the soul of Britain forever. But not for the better I'm afraid. I hope hell exists so she can rot in it.

The woman's an absolute witch. I'll celebrate the day she dies along with millions of others. She destroyed this country, her philosophy was to look after number one. Her impact upon Britain was huge, it still is, she changed the soul of Britain forever. But not for the better I'm afraid. I hope hell exists so she can rot in it.

Seconded.

Seconded.

Arr Diddums!

An odd factoid about Maggie: I watched this program a while back ago about how she evidently consciously lowered the pitch of her voice so as to appear more statesman-like. Apparently, her higher pitched squeal when she first started out in politics didn't command as much 'respect' or 'attention'.

And p.s., in internet speak, my message to Mags is DIAF.

An odd factoid about Maggie: I watched this program a while back ago about how she evidently consciously lowered the pitch of her voice so as to appear more statesman-like. Apparently, her higher pitched squeal when she first started out in politics didn't command as much 'respect' or 'attention'.

And p.s., in internet speak, my message to Mags is DIAF.

die in a fire?

did she not do eney good at all?

She did launch a scheme where by people living in council (state owned) property could buy their own house. That was pretty awesome.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about her policies to put together a rational response though. Other than that shit with the Turkish delight.

So are you a mature student, or are you just pretending that you are old enough to really know about the soul of Britain and how it was changed?

There is no 'soul of Britain'!!! Jeez! Did you want her to micro-manage your life or something?

She did launch a scheme where by people living in council (state owned) property could buy their own house. That was pretty awesome...
Council houses were originally built as good housing(with affordable rents) for those who couldn't afford to buy.
Therefore,when all these houses were bought the poor were f***ed.
Of course,the Tories didn't bother building MORE council houses either.
It also helped the UK become a nation of homeowners(not necessarily a good thing).

Council houses were originally built as good housing(with affordable rents) for those who couldn't afford to buy.
Therefore,when all these houses were bought the poor were f***ed.
Of course,the Tories didn't bother building MORE council houses either.
It also helped the UK become a nation of homeowners(not necessarily a good thing).

The poor poor, eh?

So are you a mature student, or are you just pretending that you are old enough to really know about the soul of Britain and how it was changed?

I'm 19, I was born in 1989, near the end of the Thatcher years. No I'm not old enough to personally remember her policies but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. If we went by your reasoning there wouldn't be many people left to offer a true opinion on Nazi Germany. There is such a thing as studying history you know. And ofcourse there's plenty of people I know who can give a real insight into what life was like under her. She drastically changed this country, there's no doubting that. You don't have to have had first experience of her to know that. Thankfully, I'm not old enough to remember those days, just unfortunate that I am old enough to remember the continuing of Thatcherism by New Labour.

I'm 19, I was born in 1989, near the end of the Thatcher years. No I'm not old enough to personally remember her policies but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. If we went by your reasoning there wouldn't be many people left to offer a true opinion on Nazi Germany. There is such a thing as studying history you know. And ofcourse there's plenty of people I know who can give a real insight into what life was like under her. She drastically changed this country, there's no doubting that. You don't have to have had first experience of her to know that. Thankfully, I'm not old enough to remember those days, just unfortunate that I am old enough to remember the continuing of Thatcherism by New Labour.

It's a little amusing when you talk about how she changed the soul of the country when as you were alive for only a year or so at most during her reign. It's slightly different from reading about how under the Nazi Germany regime 6 million jews were killed, among millions more and then basing your opinion on this fact. You don't appear to have based much of your opnion on a fact, rather heard other people stating their opinion that she destroyed its soul and decided you would make this opinion your own too.

It's not a direct comment on you, I don't know if you fall into this category or not, it would be difficult to prove either way, but you do get an awful lot of people of student age who go around saying they 'hate' Thatcher (probably while wearing their Che Guevara t-shirt) yet they probably couldn't even name 3 of the policies she passed and the real effects they had on Britain at the time. I would say I would pobably dislike the woman, but that is only because I know she was a blue, and I tend to disagree with all their current politics, however I would never make such statements as "she changed the soul of Britain forever", because I'd know for a fact that I am giving someone elses opinion as my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom