Leeds - Millennium Square (July 12, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Irish Blood, English Heart / Girlfriend In A Coma / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / I Wish You Lonely / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Our Frank / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Knockabout World / The Loop / Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper / Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of Anon.

Last edited by a moderator:
there was a guy with a union jack right next to me , cos he kept blocking everybody's view everytime he held it up.
I cannot say if the menace was nationalistic but there was definitely a menace in the audience ( I've seen moz 4 times in Leeds and that menace has been there every time ) ... a lot of pissed up idiots wading through people like they weren't there . I enjoyed my 38th moz gig but the idiots always taint it a bit
I second this. Saw him in Leeds several times myself and there’s been at least one fight on each occasion, as well as an air of menace.

I second this. Saw him in Leeds several times myself and there’s been at least one fight on each occasion, as well as an air of menace.
Pinteresque?

Great catch, great item:

20230715_005804.jpg

Sections of Queenie's Castle were filmed in Quarry Hill flats. Character names included. Diana Dors playing the titular Queenie Shepherd.
->Wiki.
Regards,
FWD.

Are these videos not playing for everybody else from their browsers? Oh well, they're just photos then. They're from Dawn S New, a member of the Facebook group Morrissey & The Smiths : There Is A Light That Never Goes Out.

I wonder if this was the source of "ahh, but Bunny I loved you ' from Now My Heart is Full? :unsure:
It has been suggested that his interest in Jack The Ripper via James Maybrick in The Diary of Jack the Ripper may have influenced the use of the name bunny/bunnie - Maybrick, besides being suspected of being The Ripper (highly debated), often referred to his wife as 'bunny' (before she poisoned him).
Eg:
"My dear Bunny knows all’
"‘Oh Bunny, Bunny, how could you do it?"

Nothing overly substantive to support the assertion other than Morrissey pictured with the book and his continual JTR references.
Regards,
FWD.

(NMHIF and JTR are only about ~10 months apart in terms of being written).

So glad he turned up. Still waiting for an explanation for Nottingham which I had ticket for. Suspect I may be waiting for the rest of my life.

Full gig ( only audio )
Not very good quality audio recordings ( "audience singers" etc etc ) but it's ok :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom