Portsmouth - Guildhall (July 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Girlfriend In A Coma / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Knockabout World / My Hurling Days Are Done / The Loop / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @lonely_high_court_judge

Last edited:
that made me laugh he is quoting Douglas Murray kind of ,
Douglas made that joke on Sky two days ago
about Louis Vuitton bags
It shows M is not pro BLM as well . It’s so obvious what YouTube Mozzy likes
Yes, Moz is a big fan of Murray’s. Recommends The Strange Death of Europe to his fanbase.

No noticeable impact of band changes . No comment about the gay singer with a sweaty, topless drummer with a six pack sat behind him? 🥸

Band introductions were good touch.

Yes. I used to enjoy hanging out with Hugh Grant on the barrier, but Hugh, Elizabeth Hurley and Divine Brown all got lifetime bans from the Morrissey tour several years ago for posting pro-palestinian comments online. It was a dark day for fandom, and I haven't seen them at any shows since.

A dark day for fandom....ok.

Pretty sure the (fully) bald one here is the one and only Carlisle Baz.
Not sure about the girl in the corner, although I did hear something about a batch of bad pills on the Portsmouth scene…

View attachment 92778
Baz is silent , Nottingham canceled . Well... :eek:

Twenty-seven minute compilation from Portsmouth . Probably first video with Notre Dame from Portsmouth on YT . Unfortunately, only a short snippet

From the two videos I watched tonight, the individual whom took Alain’s vacated spot is… underwhelming. I think it’s cool that Moz has some ladies around, but Our Frank was a hot mess. Her intro lead sounded like an intermediate guitar player who just learned the song off a YouTube video. The trade mark freight train lead is How Soon is Now sounded wonky as well. I know people are just happy to see him, but the band sounded so f***ing good just 5 months. It’s tough seeing what it is now. I don’t think she’s up to par, and I’ve got nothing against her.
Alain must be laughing his bollocks off watching all these clips.
Anyone who says this is acceptable needs to book an appointment to get the wax removed from their ears.

Benny 🇬🇧:knife:

What are these weird hand written lists of first names I see included in the show posts?

Morrissey doesn’t like the pro- Palestinian voices in the audience. He banned Hugh for mentioning this topic online before a gig.

He‘s politically naive. Spent too much time down the tin foil hat rabbit hole of you tube listening to right wingers. Israeli’s are now taking to the streets in huge numbers to protest against this ultra-zionist far-right coalition currently in power there. He’s comfortable to play there as the IDF sent drones to Jenin and it’s Refugee camp, killing children, and armoured tanks to block humanitarian and medical supplies from getting in. That’s according the the World Health Organisation, on the scene, before anyone tries to discredit. News footage exists of the using tear gas outside a hospital.

He likes to criticise Venezuela though. Tells you all you need to know. He’s a die hard right winger.

Keep heckling people. Love you for it!
So you support the dictatorship in Venezuela. Tells us all we need to know.

BTW, Morrissey has not criticized "Venezuela", he has criticized the regime which has ruined the country and sent millions of people escaping from it.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom