Portsmouth - Guildhall (July 8, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Girlfriend In A Coma / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Knockabout World / My Hurling Days Are Done / The Loop / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of @lonely_high_court_judge

Last edited:
Yep, she's good, no doubt about it. Band coming together now I think, playing with pride, style & swagger. They were a little bit stiff for the first 2 gigs, I felt, but this is now looking, & sounding, great. :thumb:
What she did with her guitar on The Loop and How Soon Is Now was juicy as hell.

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Our Frank / I Wish You Lonely / Girlfriend In A Coma / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Notre-Dame / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / The Night Pop Dropped / Half A Person / Knockabout World / My Hurling Days Are Done / The Loop / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

This is a very good and interesting set list.

And that's what's great about her.
Gotta admit with how scathingly critical this forum is, I’m shocked to see how many people are applauding literally extremely average playing of the easiest parts of his songs. What good is noodling at the end of a song if you can’t even get the essentials right.

Gotta admit with how scathingly critical this forum is, I’m shocked to see how many people are applauding literally extremely average playing of the easiest parts of his songs. What good is noodling at the end of a song if you can’t even get the essentials right.
That's fine. I have no problem with you admitting that.

Setlist:

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side/ What Kind Of People Live In These Houses?/ Suedehead/ The Hand That Rocks The Cradle/ The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores/ Who Are The Mystery Girls? (NY Dolls cover)/ There Is A Light That Never Goes Out/ First Of The Gang To Die/ The Night Pop Dropped/ Life Is A Pigsty / Everyday Is Like Sunday/ I Will Never Be Anyone's Hero Now/ The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get/ At Amber/ Glamorous Glue/ Satan Rejected My Soul/ I Don't Mind If You Forget Me/ Now My Heart Is Full

Yep, she's good, no doubt about it. Band coming together now I think, playing with pride, style & swagger. They were a little bit stiff for the first 2 gigs, I felt, but this is now looking, & sounding, great. :thumb:
Band's smoother here in Portsmouth all right. Does Moz seem a bit self-conscious still though? I guess he's more acutely aware than usual of who's around him and how the group sounds. But yes, 'pride, style & swagger' more in evidence now :guitar:

Is anyone doing backing vocals now that Gustavo and Alain have left? Couldn't tell whether the new guitarist was providing any?

Both the new guitarist and the bassist did backing vocals on 'Now My Hurling Days Are Done', but it sounded more like backing tracks to me. Either that or they put effects on so it sounds more like the kids vocals from the album.

Jack the Ripper

band sounding great already, somewhat surprised. Carmen rocks and has got the moves!

Strange goings on during Jack with her guitar tech handing her the bottle neck - twice.
She's quite animated. From the vids I've seen so far some of the songs feel different now. It's still early days. I can't help thinking she's keen to let rip a blistering solo given the chance. Be great to hear a sound check.

Strange goings on during Jack with her guitar tech handing her the bottle neck - twice.
She's quite animated. From the vids I've seen so far some of the songs feel different now. It's still early days. I can't help thinking she's keen to let rip a blistering solo given the chance. Be great to hear a sound check.

With the replacement of two members, I’d be more surprised if it didn’t sound different.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom