London - Troxy (July 22, 2023) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / I Wish You Lonely / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Istanbul / The Night Pop Dropped / Jim Jim Falls / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Girlfriend In A Coma / The Loop / Our Frank / Without Music The World Dies / Irish Blood, English Heart / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Speedway

Setlist courtesy of @Amsden

Last edited:
A fan saw Clem Burke at the show

He seems a little fixated these days...is he really singing 'why do you bomb here' throughout Suedehead now?
If that is indeed what he's singing, then maybe he's more up to date on current events than you are? :rolleyes:

He seems a little fixated these days...is he really singing 'why do you bomb here' throughout Suedehead now?
From yesterday's concert video, it sounded like he was asking "Why do you slum here?".

Same one as played on previous nights before EDILS

what's the name of that pianist ? I'm sure I recognise parts of that piece. he seems to have mixed in a bit of Debussey also - unless I'm mistaken.

He's changed the lyrics to 'Suedehead' on the last couple of dates. At Troxy it was 'why do you bum here? And why do you bum around?'. At Aylesbury it was 'why do you slum here'.

Re: Newley.
These are previously logged tracks, any ring a bell?
I'm The Boy You Should Yes To
Strawberry Fair
Girls Were Made To Love And Kiss

Regards,
FWD.

Newley was very prolific. The clip being used is just of a verse or so, from earlier in his career, late 50s or the 60s, I'd say. Hopefully someone else will identify it.

Del Pike in their above-par review of Liverpool, named Minnie Caldwell as the actor from Coronation Street who makes the comment about cats i.e. "can't we talk about something nice now, like pussies?" I suppose her heyday on the show, created by Tony Warren, was from the 60s, before my time, but the complete innocence of what she said puts me in my place, with my tawdry guesses. 'Oh the squalor of the mind!' She loved cats and had a big ginger one called Bobby. I didn't trace where the clip came from but there's a lovely retrospective of her role here -

The Je T'Aime video's been added. The Who song, Can't Explain, is still included. Morrissey mentioned Tony Bennett's death at the Troxy. Outside the stage door entrance was parked a Mercedes with tinted windows, and 2 spaces up, a Dog Squad police car. The plectrum pictured below landed beside me. Jesse's being regaled with loud applause these days.

1690320717092.png
1690320742452.png

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere? Review of the Troxy show...

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere? Review of the Troxy show...

Yeah seen it. She mentions ‘Istanbul’ as part of his new material so not exactly clued up.

I met her there, I was sat in her seat as Ticketmaster sold duplicate tickets by mistake. I was the one that got moved obviously as she’s a very, very important journalist.
Gosh, you had a pretty challenging evening, all in all! You might as well have bought a GA standing ticket!

At least Selina Begum did a mostly fine job with her review, if it's any consolation. :flowers:

I remembered another pre-show item since.
In a clip used close to the start of shows, from about 15 to 20 seconds in here, Margaret Rutherford appears in Agatha Christie's Murder She Wrote,

And also, a barman with an Irish accent, from about the 60s, is briefly interviewed about the drinking habits of actors, in Hollywood, I think; first trying to make excuses for them and then conceding they like excess. Can't track down footage used for that one.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom