Just got back from the filming of Jonathan Ross

I know that this has been said a zillion times before, but I thought that Morrissey was absolutely charming and hilarious when last they spoke.

If I hadn't known who he was, I would have fallen in love with him on the spot.

I agree and he seems to like Jonoathan Ross.

Thanks so much, lightupvirginmary! I enjoyed your blog entry. It was really interesting how you noted that the set was a lot smaller than you expected and how the plush couch actually looked quite shabby.

Since JR was such a tit onstage mocking the upset audience by laughing and shooting photos of us, plus he said something about getting perspective, that Moz was just some fat bloke, I was hoping Moz would pout and use his throat problems as an excuse not to do the show. I know calling Moz a fat bloke was a joke, but eating a cheeseburger was really rude and wrong. Did he really eat it from a can?! Like it was tinned? Or did I misunderstand what eating from a can means?

It was literally a cheeseburger in a tin, like with a ringpull. I've never seen one before. It looked absolutely rank.

I know that this has been said a zillion times before, but I thought that Morrissey was absolutely charming and hilarious when last they spoke.

If I hadn't known who he was, I would have fallen in love with him on the spot.

I agree but then I know a guy who is a casual Smiths fan who found him completely arrogant and rude in that interview. If you look at the comments on youtube, many others thought the same. :confused:

I thought he was charming.

i thought he was great too but my wife thought the exact opposite

She thought he was nervous and uncomfortable in his own skin. She thought he was awkward and while i was laughing at the stuff he was saying she was cringing.

Do you remember his hand nervously patting the couch? MrsC always pointed that out to say look, he is not at ease there.

this story has disappointed me for 3 reasons. 1. i hoped for an interview,
2. i hoped for more than one song, and 3. i hoped for something positive about fridays cancelled gig.

Paulc your wife was correct. He was very uncomfortable in that interview. His shyness and social awkwardness was never more apparent. Unfortunately a lot of people took it for grumpiness and arrogance.

Paulc your wife was correct. He was very uncomfortable in that interview. His shyness and social awkwardness was never more apparent. Unfortunately a lot of people took it for grumpiness and arrogance.

He was awkward and shy, but that's what I find so charming.

People always mistake me for a complete snob as well and it drives me mad. I'm not a snob, I'm just socially inept! I promise I won't bite. :o :)

Last edited:
RE: the observations about the original JR interview,
i totally agree, but do not see how anyone could have seen it as arrogant.
I totally and utterly fell for Moz that night and i havent looked back since.
and im very glasd he is not lowering himself to talking to JR, hes siuch a multi faced twatty little arse licker. (and this is me being kind) :rolleyes:

I agree but then I know a guy who is a casual Smiths fan who found him completely arrogant and rude in that interview. If you look at the comments on youtube, many others thought the same. :confused:

I thought he was charming.

I think you have to fully understand him from years of observation before you can accurately figure out what his body language means. This probably goes for most people, but maybe even more for Moz.

this story has disappointed me for 3 reasons. 1. i hoped for an interview,
2. i hoped for more than one song, and 3. i hoped for something positive about fridays cancelled gig.

I know how you feel!

i disagee i think he comes across really well , especially the one before the Birthday show

I agree with you, cause we "know" him we know when he is being charming so on, but my friend who watched it with me at the time, was all god he is grumpy, isnt he scary stuff like that. He is nervous in these situations, I suppose one never knows what J R is going to say or ask, you can see the nervousness with the pulling at the ears the occasional lip chew the tapping on the sofa. He said I can't recall where maybe the steve wright interview something about Jonathan not having been very nice to him, but then In the Russell Brand interview he made very nice comments, J R was very clever something like that.

For my money, I think that Jonathon Ross is an ignorant bore. I winced when he interviewed Rufus Wainwright recently. He said that he had tickets for the Palladium, when he did the Judy Garland thing. Then said that he forgot to go, because it was a good edition of Antiques Roadshow that night. This crass comment confirmed my loathing for the man. I paid £90 a ticket for my seat. I'm sure that this BBC freeloader paid nothing, then insults the man like this?

And don't get me started on the millions the Beeb pay him as a retainer!

The last wossy interview made me cringe because you could see how nervous morrissey was from his body language. If you watch any of morrisseys' other interviews on you tube he is much more engaged with the interviewer but that's understandable as wossies main aim is to deride and mock.

How was he arrogant though? Because he said he didn't want to be Wossies best mate! insanity you say?!

Jonathan Ross's interview with Jerry Seinfeld and Renee Zelweger made me cringe as well because he blanked her for a large part of the interview and then asked her some innane questions about Bridget Jones's diary, she's been in other movies since!!!! you dolt! what about Cold Mountain great preformance! All this after she told him how she stays up late to watch his show on bbc america. Now whose arrogant?

I don't think Morrissey was nervous because it was Jonathan Ross. He was nervous because it was conducted in front of an audience. And audience that expects certain things from the guests. Morrissey has had very little experience with talking on chat shows and it seems, intends to keep it that way.

The thing with the cheeseburger is just childish.

It's far too juvenile to be considered rude.

As a vegetarian it still amazes me that non-veggies think it's funny to say, "ooh, look at me! I'm eating a lovely burger".

So what? Why do I care?

You choose to eat meat. I choose not to.

Grow up Ross.

P.S. How did your "hilarious" photos of us disappointed fans at the Roundhouse come out?

jools may interview him but only if pushed - jools cant stand morrissey!

Back
Top Bottom