I just got an e-mail from Mikey Farrell

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
He says he left because of his family. He goes on to say he had a blast with Morrissey, recording, and touring round the world, but he needs to spend time with his wife and kids. Good luck to Mikey, and thanks for all the good times.

Peter

Thank you very much Peter.

We all miss you Mikey, very appreciate to your musical contributions. :)

He says he left because of his family. He goes on to say he had a blast with Morrissey, recording, and touring round the world, but he needs to spend time with his wife and kids.

Yes, but couldn't he have both?

:confused:

(it seemed to me that they were very accomodating to him on previous tours. i could see if the children were in school already, but they were not quite that old. surely they could've hung on a couple more years? :D)

thanks for the update though, skinny:)

I don't think very young children would appreciate being dragged from city to city. They need a routine.

Well then cheers to the "Mikey era!" He really added depth to the band. His talent was obvious and will be missed very much. Hopefully he'll return someday. If not all the best to Mikey and Team Farrell!!!

Yes, but couldn't he have both?

:confused:

(it seemed to me that they were very accomodating to him on previous tours. i could see if the children were in school already, but they were not quite that old. surely they could've hung on a couple more years? :D)

thanks for the update though, skinny:)

No, maybe you don't have children. It's not that easy, they're not quite as simple as dogs to manage. The tour schedule Morrissey keeps is grueling for adults, let alone children. You can't just tote them along when you're traveling hundreds of miles every other day or so.

This is why I thought he'd dropped out of the tour plans. I can't say I blame him, but I do hope he can rejoin the team at some point because it's so obvious how talented he is and what an important part of the touring band he was.

Best wishes to Mikey and his wife and two sweet boys!

Funny thing is I had a dream two nights ago that I was talking to Moz and he was telling me Mikey is back in the band and Solomon was out..When I asked if Gary Day was coming back he just laughed..

I am having a lot of Moz related dreams lately..tour dates please! :guitar:

I take it Gary is basically the same story? Somebody ask him at the Moz convention this month if family was the only reason he left, and tell him he's missed.

I know Moz introduces "new friends" on stage at gigs, but other than Alain has he ever said goodbye to former band members? I guess it doesn't usually happen in the middle of a tour so he feels he doesn't have to...?

I take it Gary is basically the same story? Somebody ask him at the Moz convention this month if family was the only reason he left, and tell him he's missed.QUOTE]

so and what did gary answer then?

It must be so weird being Morrissey...surrounded by band members who all have wives and kids and normal lives.:rolleyes:

It must be so weird being Morrissey...surrounded by band members who all have wives and kids and normal lives.:rolleyes:

Must be weird being Morrissey full stop.

...he is a fantastic musician

Back
Top Bottom