Death To Jonathan Ross

Sorry but people on here saying, he did'nt look very happy about the hug. Are these peple who were there, or who saw it on T.V.?

I think people are reading too much into the rolling of the eyes...

I hope we morrissey fans are most definately ALL of the above.:)

The day your average Morrissey fan gets all mainstream and cuddly in a Cliff Richard or dare i say it "Bono-I do a lot for world peace" type way i shall throw in the towel.

Right, cause having a sense of humour is so not cool...:rolleyes:

Seriously, if this pisses you off you need to take a close look at your priorities. No one forces Morrissey to do this show, he chooses to go on in full knowledge of what he will face. He looked like a complete prat when he stormed off at the end. My 3 year old nephew has more class than that.

Coiff.

Think of the outcry if he had performed that stunt on a woman, and then made that comment.

Think of the outcry if he had performed that stunt on a woman, and then made that comment.

I'm sure he would have done something similar to a female guest in the past. People know what they are letting themselves in for when they go on his show. It was friendly banter. The outcry on here is ridiculous :rolleyes:

Right, cause having a sense of humour is so not cool...:rolleyes:

Seriously, if this pisses you off you need to take a close look at your priorities. No one forces Morrissey to do this show, he chooses to go on in full knowledge of what he will face. He looked like a complete prat when he stormed off at the end. My 3 year old nephew has more class than that.

Coiff.

Dear God GET A LIFE I was joking and taking the piss.:confused:

On a serious note Ross has always liked Moz.He played Come Back To Camden last week and that I have never heard on UK Radio.Its hard enough for him to get played when it is an official single let alone an album track.Plus correct me if I'm wrong he's had him on his show even as far back as The Last Resort.

We all know what Morrissey is like.He takes umbridge at even the slightest thing.And as for class i think he has more in his little finger than Ross has entirely.

It's threads like this one and "Conor McNichols flirting with racism again " that seriously make me consider leaving here.

Jonathan Ross has probably done more for promoting M's career than anyone on here.He's had him on his shows since the 80s and is clearly a big fan. God,he was just joking about like he does with all guests.M knows that full well and has accepted the invitation to go on JR's show(s) numerous times.

All this death and veiled threats stuff I find really depressing :firstly because violence and threats are a total no no to me and,secondly,a lot of the phraseology is merely copying some of M's more outrageous comments (e.g. bring me the head of Elton John etc..).I guess i just hate
copying from an idol/pop star/whatever prefering people to be themselves

The attitude towards M of complete adoration,"love" and an assumed infallibility is pretty strange and,i feel, rather unhealthy.

I think people can get a bit over the top about this whole morrissey ross thing. We all know Morrissey is humerous , witty and sarcastic like wise to Ross, Nice dry humour. God i just love it. Where would we be without it, i doubt Ross actually meant it its a joke developed from passion CRIKEY. and i think he would do that to a female. Words. Ever heard of sticks and stones?

Or different senses of f***ing humour by some replies I THINK NOT

Agree totally with Snap you

It's threads like this one and "Conor McNichols flirting with racism again " that seriously make me consider leaving here.

Jonathan Ross has probably done more for promoting M's career than anyone on here.He's had him on his shows since the 80s and is clearly a big fan. God,he was just joking about like he does with all guests.M knows that full well and has accepted the invitation to go on JR's show(s) numerous times.

All this death and veiled threats stuff I find really depressing :firstly because violence and threats are a total no no to me and,secondly,a lot of the phraseology is merely copying some of M's more outrageous comments (e.g. bring me the head of Elton John etc..).I guess i just hate
copying from an idol/pop star/whatever prefering people to be themselves

The attitude towards M of complete adoration,"love" and an assumed infallibility is pretty strange and,i feel, rather unhealthy.

Hahaha, I remember you confessed the other day that you killed your noisy neighbours on Bad mood thread. :D

*runs away*

well, that was just people not reading the link.

All this death and veiled threats stuff I find really depressing :firstly because violence and threats are a total no no to me and,secondly,a lot of the phraseology is merely copying some of M's more outrageous comments (e.g. bring me the head of Elton John etc..).I guess i just hate copying from an idol/pop star/whatever prefering people to be themselves

Yeah, i agree. But reading the thread, it does balance out (read the post by yours truly and the one by the rainccoated one). It does seem to be the same voices again who won't have anything said against the guy. Morrissey fans are an odd bunch.

Ta very much!

Moz looked very good in the blue jumper. I dunno if he looked "thin" exactly, but the camera adds weight. He looked hunky, certainly not fat.

Mozzer's voice has been better, but the casual viewer probably wouldnt notice.

Wossy was rather stupid, but I don't think Moz was all that annoyed. Even when Moz walked off without giving JR a proper handshake (ewww....tinned cheeseburger hand! :eek:), he kind of put his hands behind as if to give some kind of halfarsed support for a playful piggyback. He could've pushed Wossy away if he were truly upset. Mind that I've thought JR was an ass with his behaviour to the audience on Friday and his fat bloke joke on Saturday.

Dear God GET A LIFE I was joking and taking the piss.:confused:

On a serious note Ross has always liked Moz.He played Come Back To Camden last week and that I have never heard on UK Radio.Its hard enough for him to get played when it is an official single let alone an album track.Plus correct me if I'm wrong he's had him on his show even as far back as The Last Resort.

We all know what Morrissey is like.He takes umbridge at even the slightest thing.And as for class i think he has more in his little finger than Ross has entirely.

I know you were joking about us all being self-righteous and arrogant, I was referring to how you'd throw in the towel if we became 'mainstream.' The evidence in this thread would suggest that a lot of the sycophants here were actually angered by watching this show, which I find pretty disheartening. And yes, I do think that having a temper tantrum and storming off was very childish of Moz. He supposedly has a very self-deprecating sense of humor, yet he can't take a joke from anyone else. It just reinforces an image of himself that he claims to have abandoned 20 years ago.

Coiff.

Hahaha, I remember you confessed the other day that you killed your noisy neighbours on Bad mood thread. :D

*runs away*

JEEZ,that wasn't "the other day".It was nearly two months ago !
Some strange memory you have there
:p

I don't mind Jonathan Ross. I think he's an admirer of Morrissey, and I get the feeling that away from cameras and behind the scenes him and Morrissey may have an ok friendship. I think the cheeseburger bit supports Morrisseys attitude towards meat (disgusting, vile, unhealthy etc) and Ross was CLEARLY taking the piss when he said the cheeseburger smelt delicious.

I quite liked Ross going after Morrissey asking for a piggy back and trying to be playful with him and moz giving him a smack on the arse. I think this bit shows that they get along - I don't thing Ross would have tried that with many other people.

Anyway, lay off JR - he can be a tit, but theres far worse people on the telly (who don't give Moz the time of day).

he kind of put his hands behind as if to give some kind of halfarsed support for a playful piggyback. He could've pushed Wossy away if he were truly upset.

Exactly :D plus, a TV moment you will remember ... let's face it...if they had just shakehands, nobody would be having this discussion. :D

JR is like that, Moz is... er..well, MOZ and they both know and respect each other, in my opinion.

I'm bemused if people interpreted that as Morrissey "storming off".

He just looked embarrassed to me. Attempted to play along with JR a bit, but then looked even more awkward with the whole thing and decided to make a quick exit. Nothing he did made me think he was in a strop.

I think that Morrissey's tongue in cheek, camp and dramatic vanity/self righteousness unfortunatley is percieved by some fans as a way to mirror their idol, whereas they adopt these traits without the overwhelming sense of humour that Morrissey has always had - resulting in a very sad existence for the fan.
Thank God that there will always be a large majority of grounded fans to compensate...

Back
Top Bottom