Death To Jonathan Ross

I think that Morrissey's tongue in cheek, camp and dramatic vanity/self righteousness unfortunatley is percieved by some fans as a way to mirror their idol, whereas they adopt these traits without the overwhelming sense of humour that Morrissey has always had - resulting in a very sad existence for the fan.
Thank God that there will always be a large majority of grounded fans to compensate...

Good post.Agree with all you've said there.It's just a pity that there's a large minority of "ungrounded fans" on here

I think that Morrissey's tongue in cheek, camp and dramatic vanity/self righteousness unfortunatley is percieved by some fans as a way to mirror their idol, whereas they adopt these traits without the overwhelming sense of humour that Morrissey has always had - resulting in a very sad existence for the fan.
Thank God that there will always be a large majority of grounded fans to compensate...

Well said. I just have to say I thought it was funny.

At least he didn't go Danny Bonaduce on JR. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but people on here saying, he did'nt look very happy about the hug. Are these peple who were there, or who saw it on T.V.?

I think people are reading too much into the rolling of the eyes...

I was there and I can confirm he didn't look happy all evening... bemused, embarrassed, bored... they cut to the green room once and he was yawning.

This thread is too long for me to read.

I lilked the youtube clip, I thought it was funny and I thought Moz was in a good mood. I especially liked the end ... :D

It's threads like this one and "Conor McNichols flirting with racism again " that seriously make me consider leaving here.

Jonathan Ross has probably done more for promoting M's career than anyone on here.He's had him on his shows since the 80s and is clearly a big fan. God,he was just joking about like he does with all guests.M knows that full well and has accepted the invitation to go on JR's show(s) numerous times.

All this death and veiled threats stuff I find really depressing :firstly because violence and threats are a total no no to me and,secondly,a lot of the phraseology is merely copying some of M's more outrageous comments (e.g. bring me the head of Elton John etc..).I guess i just hate copying from an idol/pop star/whatever prefering people to be themselves

The attitude towards M of complete adoration,"love" and an assumed infallibility is pretty strange and,i feel, rather unhealthy.

blah blah blah

Well said. I just have to say I thought it was funny.

At least he didn't go Danny Bonaduce on JR. ;)

Who was that in the video being bood? What does he do? Who is he? And why?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know who was being booed or why. I only saw the clips on youtube after the fact.
Danny Bonaduce was on the Partridge Family as a kid and he's now a reality tv whore. The one who lost his two front teeth after jumping on DB is another reality tv bore. They don't offer much to the world of art or entertainment IMO. I hate reality tv in case you are wondering. :sick:

http://www.celebritymound.com/?cat=719

ahahahaha wow! i loved how he wouldnt shake his hand! the piggy back bit seemed off... dont f***ing climb on him you idiot..
but besides that, looks like hes lost some weight! lookin good M, lookin gooood

Who was that in the video being bood? What does he do? Who is he? And why?

it was 'Jonny Fairplay' who ever he is:confused:

I don't know who was being booed or why. I only saw the clips on youtube after the fact.
Danny Bonaduce was on the Partridge Family as a kid and he's now a reality tv whore. The one who lost his two front teeth after jumping on DB is another reality tv bore. They don't offer much to the world of art or entertainment IMO. I hate reality tv in case you are wondering. :sick:

http://www.celebritymound.com/?cat=719

Well.....Ouch, i have never seen that before:eek:

I was just reading about it:
"Fairplay pressed charges and police opened a felony battery investigation with Bonaduce as the named suspect. Bonaduce maintained his innocence and stated he was acting in self-defense. Bonaduce also stated he expects to be sued by Fairplay and if so, will counter sue. On October 5, 2007, the L.A. district attorney's office concluded that there was insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Bonaduce had committed battery because Fairplay had initiated the contact and Bonaduce had acted in self-defense.[8]
The incident has become an internet sensation, being featured on Yahoo.com's website and having thousands of views on YouTube in less than 24 hours."

i recon morrissey laughes at you and at the media attention at such a such a small suchin thing thin really if you are "offended" you are funny

im drunk- but you are funny and dulland pathetic

It's threads like this one and "Conor McNichols flirting with racism again " that seriously make me consider leaving here.

Jonathan Ross has probably done more for promoting M's career than anyone on here.He's had him on his shows since the 80s and is clearly a big fan. God,he was just joking about like he does with all guests.M knows that full well and has accepted the invitation to go on JR's show(s) numerous times.

All this death and veiled threats stuff I find really depressing :firstly because violence and threats are a total no no to me and,secondly,a lot of the phraseology is merely copying some of M's more outrageous comments (e.g. bring me the head of Elton John etc..).I guess i just hate
copying from an idol/pop star/whatever prefering people to be themselves

The attitude towards M of complete adoration,"love" and an assumed infallibility is pretty strange and,i feel, rather unhealthy.

:) Well said.

I was there and I can confirm he didn't look happy all evening... bemused, embarrassed, bored... they cut to the green room once and he was yawning.

Well i am sure guests get bored all the time, i was bored watching some of those guests!

Ross seems to have some genuine admiration, and he goes to gigs.

What a f***ing idiot you are. You may hate him but you wish death on someone you don't even know? Usual drama queen Moz fan. Don't be shocked if a copper comes calling, you've made a death threat. Clever boy.

JR can act the dickhead at times, but that's part of his humour. It works well with a 'straight man' *cough*, a part which Moz does well here.
As for the title of this thread, I'm going to stick my neck out and say I don't think it wasn't meant to be taken too literally...

As for the title of this thread, I'm going to stick my neck out and say I don't think it wasn't meant to be taken too literally...
WHAT....I was just putting 'wosser' in a shallow grave....f*** it man! I AM SO GULLIABLE! Please tell his family i am sorry for the mistake:o

Late as usual, I just saw it last night. The 2004 interview is my favorite, it makes me laugh a lot. So back then I liked JR, I had never seen him before.
But this was cruel. He's a jerk and doesn't deserve to interview Morrissey.

As for the storming off, it was the best thing to do. I think he stayed for legal reasons, sang for us, and fled. He didn't want another minute near that man and I can't blame him. If he could have, he should have left during the burger part. Just horrible.
Never again, I hope.

But of course I made gifs out of the whole thing :p

On wossys radio show the following day he said that him and morrissey were friends and that when they asked morrissey if he was happy (with everything after the show) he said no :D

Back
Top Bottom