Morrissey Central "ANOTHER WORLD." (March 5, 2024)

I enjoyed the whole video, but if you want to only see Morrissey, he starts singing Last of the International Playboys shortly after 21:50.

I'm guessing this is just another "those were the days" post. He should really read the book I'm reading that is published later this year about nostalgia and how it affects us. He's certainly one of the most nostalgia-driven people and has never been shy about that. Quite an intriguing topic. How much can you ever move forward if you are constantly looking back?!

I'm guessing this is just another "those were the days" post. He should really read the book I'm reading that is published later this year about nostalgia and how it affects us. He's certainly one of the most nostalgia-driven people and has never been shy about that. Quite an intriguing topic. How much can you ever move forward if you are constantly looking back?!
What's the book? Sounds interesting.

Now I think I’m going down to the well tonight
and I’m going to drink till I get my fill
And I hope when I get old I don’t sit around thinking about it
but I probably will
Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
a little of the glory of, well time slips away
and leaves you with nothing mister but
boring stories of glory days

Glory days well they’ll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl’s eye
Glory days, glory days

What's the book? Sounds interesting.
It is rather interesting.

It's called Nostalgia: A History of a Dangerous Emotion.

Synopsis:
In Nostalgia: A History of a Dangerous Emotion, Agnes Arnold-Forster blends neuroscience and psychology with the history of medicine and emotions to explore the evolution of nostalgia from its first identification in seventeenth-century Switzerland (when it was held to be an illness that could, quite literally, kill you) to the present day (when it is co-opted by advertising agencies and politicians alike to sell us goods and policies).

Nostalgia is a social and political emotion, vulnerable to misuse, and one that reflects the anxieties of the age. It is one of the many ways we communicate a desire for the past, dissatisfaction with the present and our visions for the future. Arnold-Forster’s fascinating history of this complex, slippery emotion is a lens through which to consider the changing pace of society, our collective feelings of regret, dislocation and belonging, the conditions of modern and contemporary work, and the politics of fear and anxiety. It is also a clear-eyed analysis of what we are doing now, how we feel about it and what we might want to change about the world we live in.

Great Morrissey footage sandwiched between some of the most terrifying performances ever recorded.

Yeah you can be 1000% sure i thought about it as I was typing it and that i thought about exponentially higher numbers for a sec, but anything else would have messed up the cadence of my sentence. And, i think would have also made it look UGLY!
Actually you're correct, the cadence of the sentence before all else!

I couldn’t handle most of it. I had to fast forward to get to Moz. But it was worth it. I think I remember three bands outside of Morrissey, though. That’s it.

Morrissey's narcissism knows no end. It really doesn't help him much to be posting videos when he was much better looking and had a much better band. Look at me! Look at me! And, more importantly, when he actually had a career and half the world didn't think he was an asshole.

Bobby, dontcha think he should cover?
"Everybody's talking all this stuff about me.
Why don't they just let me live?
I don't need permission, make my own decisions, that's my prerogative."

The 80s were a strange place, but I'd like to go back there now and then.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom