Main
Fri, Sep 24 1999
KROQ Online Chat with Morrissey - Wed., Sept. 29, 6pm (PDT)

From Adam Greene:

...check out what I found on kroq.com:

KROQ presents Morrissey live in concert, Oct. 9, at Coachella -- and this Wed., Sept. 29, at 6pm, you can chat with Morrissey online here at kroq.com about his upcoming concert and plans for a new album. Be here Wed.!

Comments / Notes (43)
London date (Nov. 12) to be added

From Tony Boyle:

Morrissey is to play the 12th November at the Forum in London as the other shows have sold out.

Comments / Notes (13)
Trent Reznor briefly mentions Smiths

From Janel Jones:

I was reading an article in USA Today (Sept. 21) about the new NIN release and was surprised to read Trent Reznor mentioning The Smiths.

In the article Trent talks about what to expect from the new cd, and later adds that, "I'm envious of a band that sounds like a band, I always wished I had the structure of The Cure or The Smiths..."

And from Andrew Burguiere, a link to the full article, "Reznor coaxes beauty out of despair".

Comments / Notes (20)
Television Trivia

From Sadia:

I just came across this Morrissey reference while reading about the band Television. (It is the sixth item on the page):

"Tom Verlaine is not the greatest judge of work. He turned down the chance to produce Morrissey and The Teardrop Explodes, but did 'twiddle the knobs' for Friends Again, Del Amitri and The Room."

Comments / Notes (5)
Doc Martens book features Morrissey, among others

From Jake The Stripper:

Interesting bit off the web... go to Dr. Martens site (Choose UK & Ireland, then click on Dr. Martens book launch). There's info about Madness, and a new Madness boot, as well as an excerpt about the forthcoming book which will mention you know who. I looked around on other places on the site, such as highlights from the book, and he's not mentioned there.

Such a little thing, or has Morrissey again placed himself firmly in popular culture history?

Excerpt:

To celebrate 20 years of Madness, Dr. Martens have issued a special 'Madness Boot', stamped with the logo of the band who championed the footwear right from their early days. To support the release, the band will be at the Doc Martens London Covent Garden store at 2pm on Thursday 30th September, signing the new boot, purchasers of which will also get a free copy of a new Doc Martens book, celebrating DM's 40 years of 'association with youth culture' and features Madness, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Morrissey, Blur, The Manics, Suede and lots more.

Comments / Notes (18)
Johnny Marr website?

From Brian J. Kehoe:

Nothing too shocking, just felt it was interesting to see a URL with the address www.johnnymarr.com active, but not accessible. You will need Shockwave to view it. There is no indication if this is an official site outside of the Johnny Marr autograph in the upper right hand corner of the title screen. It's worth checking on a periodic basis though. Cheers!

Comments / Notes (10)
Morrissey / Smiths night in Chicago (Nov. 26)

From Mandy:

THERES A CLUB IF YOU'D LIKE TO GO....

Yet another Morrissey/Smiths night in Chicago! Nov 26... 9pm til 2am.

This time its at Delilah's on North Lincoln Ave. But sorry kids... you must be 21 and there's a $3 cover

Comments / Notes (3)
KUBO FM's "Tributo a Morrissey" - Oct. 3

From KUBO FM:

We're KUBO a public radio station just 10 minutes away from the Mexican border in the Imperial Valley (CA) and will be having a "Tributo to Morrissey" on Oct 3rd with a special performance by Inkietud, a local rock en Espaņol band that has been influenced by the Mozzer.

Gracias raza

KUBO 88.7 FM
When: October 3rd
Time: 10 pm-2 am
Phone: 760-337-8053 *(Day of Event)

Comments / Notes (6)

* return to Morrissey-solo