Main
KROQ Online Chat with Morrissey - Wed., Sept. 29, 6pm (PDT)
Posted on Fri, Sep 24 1999 at 10:47 a.m. PDT
by David T. <[email protected]>
From Adam Greene:

...check out what I found on kroq.com:

KROQ presents Morrissey live in concert, Oct. 9, at Coachella -- and this Wed., Sept. 29, at 6pm, you can chat with Morrissey online here at kroq.com about his upcoming concert and plans for a new album. Be here Wed.!

* item archived - comments / notes can no longer be added.

Comments / Notes

Wow! This going to be very, very interesting (!), to say the least…
I hope their server does not crash….
I love the LAN connection at work. heh heh

Morrissey chatting, who would have thought?

(Please no more of that nonsense of "please come here and go there"…. I had enough!)

rob <[email protected]>
- Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 11:25:43 (PDT) | #1

wow! morrissey online? i thought he had an objection to things like this...but oh well...anything goes nowadays...people getting into new things...blah blah blah...

btw. is coachella first day sold out? a girl that lives next door tells me that she is willing to drive down from santa cruz (where i'm stranded)...

state of emergency
- Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 12:30:32 (PDT) | #2

I will be there for sure...This is great.

soldado <[email protected]>
- Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 12:43:33 (PDT) | #3

I just checked out KROQ's webpage, they don't say squat about their chatting software. What if my computer can't hack it? That will be soooo UNFAIR. I thought Moz hated online people anyway. What gives? (Could it be the market potential?)

I'm a genie in a bottle
- Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 12:53:03 (PDT) | #4

HEY #4
I'm in Santa Cruz as well.
However, I am moving out of here soon, so I will no longer be stranded.
Coachella here I come.
Victoria

santa cruzian <[email protected]>
- Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 15:43:20 (PDT) | #5

I can't believe this! That's so cool...KROQ!! YAH!! The strange thing is that I haven't heard them talk about this on the air at all. hmm...oh well the less people the better!!!

lauren <[email protected]>
right here - Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 15:46:01 (PDT) | #6

WICKED! You rawk, Mozzer! I hope people come up with some good questions.

the singing defective
- Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 17:31:19 (PDT) | #7

6 pm Los Angeles time? What's that in EST?

i was a bad boyfriend
- Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 17:32:55 (PDT) | #8

I live on the East Coast. I was wondering if they broadcast online, so that I can hear Morrissey at the Coachella? If not, I hope you west coast people tape the broadcast and share the wealth with those less fortunate than yourselves. Thanks!

joe <[email protected]>
- Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 17:46:36 (PDT) | #9

State of emergency, do I know you? I'm stranded in Santa Cruz as well (convinced myself that I'm the only *completely obsessed* Morrissey adorer here...) We should meet up for tea sometime at Pergs! Drop me a line... Perhaps I'll leave the comfort of my bedsit for you...

Valentine Dussaut <[email protected]>
- Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 17:48:53 (PDT) | #10

This is absolutely brilliant!!!
I'm so excited =)

The Girl with the Moz on her back <[email protected]>
I left the North again I travelled South again... - Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 18:53:09 (PDT) | #11

what time will this be in GMT? Thank you!

Jeane
Uk - Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 02:58:18 (PDT) | #12

For us east coasters, the Morrissey chat will be held at 9pm EST on this coming Wednesday. For England, I have no idea.

Paul
maryland - Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 10:29:30 (PDT) | #13

Oh my....what should I wear?

Will it be like San Bernardino where he actually doesn't chat and someone relays it while he talks on the radio, or will he actually be there typing his own responses?

I'm running around like a chicken with their head cut off.

Debbie Gibson
electric Youth - Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 14:19:43 (PDT) | #14

6 p.m. Pacific will be 8 p.m. Central (my time) which would be...ummm...2 a.m. GMT Thursday. Stay up late! :)

I will definitely be there, if I can figure it all out! :)

Bigmouth Strikes Again <[email protected]>
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada - Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 16:20:17 (PDT) | #15

I hope to be there.
Anybody know what form it will take?

Jimbo
London - Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 20:33:50 (PDT) | #16

is just great, but i have a question, well, i live in Mexico and i wonder how many hours we have of diference...who will answer me??

fernando <[email protected]>
Mty.mx - Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 22:03:06 (PDT) | #17

i love this site! i didn't know anything before! thank you thank you

crumply
LA - Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 23:06:06 (PDT) | #18

Fernando
It's a 2 hour time difference between Mexico D.F. and Los Angeles. You'll have to go online at 8:00p.m. to chat with Morrissey, which is 6:00 our time.

Lilchiwawa
Irvine (Orange County, Ca) - Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 01:42:59 (PDT) | #19

still, no one has answered the question about what kind of software we need. my computer setup is old school which is great for m-solo. I can chat using Netscape Navigator (TM) version 1.0N. I have I-net Explorer 3.02a for other stuff, but somebody please tell me if I need to d/l a new browser ASAP.

something useful and useless
- Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 16:18:13 (PDT) | #20

morrissey online? things just keep getting better!!

maribel <[email protected]>
riverside - Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 19:10:29 (PDT) | #21

This is sooo great. I have never
had enough interest to go on one of these
before. I will be there for sure!!! Is anyone
going to ask him if he and Johnny plan on getting back together soon (and Mike and andy for that matter)?? SAWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!

Warren
Chespaw - Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 09:50:27 (PDT) | #22

I don't know how difficult it will be to get Morrissey to respond to questions, but I hope someone asks him how many old Smiths songs he'll be playing this time 'round. At the last tour, "shoplifters" and "Vulgar Picture" were pretty weak selections to say the least. With no new album to promote, could it be that he'll be doing a proper set this time, paying appropriate tribute to the songs that got him where he is? As a two- tour Smiths-Alum and a 3 1/2-tour Moz-Alum, I really hope some oldies will be in there...(but could Alain handle numbers like "There's a Light" or "William" without rocking them out with crunchy guitar licks?...I think he probably could.. I remember being mezmorized by "Family Line" once and swaying to the jangly "My Love Life" as well. Why no return of Vini Reilly? His contribution to Viva was so beautiful and tateful. That would have definitely been the way to go, in my opinion, to keep Vini in there for the long hall.... Also, Steven Street was a definite keeper. Really a shame Moz didn't see what he had with him to keep Street happy. Just a few more bucks Streets way would've done it.. Not to say there aren't some charmers since then like "why don't you find out for yourself", "Tony the Pony", "Interesting Drug", etc., but wow, you should've seen the look on my face after first hearing Viva Hate. I was not let down at all. Since then,....,a little let down. But always optimistic and curious and supportive and- hey Morrissey's touring again! Let's go, have fun, and hope for the best. I'm sure it'll be pretty darn cool.. Can you believe he's 40? I can't.

sneeze <[email protected]>
San Fran - Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 14:43:33 (PDT) | #23

I am so excited about Coachella. I am FLYING out to home (Orange County) just for this concernt. Talk about insane crazy. Airtix cost me over 300 bucks plus 50 bucks for the concert. But it's going to be great. My first time seeing Morrissey.

Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to miss the chat! It'll be 4 pm my time and I have work until 5. Hopefully theyll have a transcript. Or morrisse-solo might put one up?? (hinthint)

Annie <[email protected]>
Chicago (for now!) - Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 15:10:06 (PDT) | #24

okay, am i stupid or what? it'll be eight my time--but i have to miss it again because I have a meeting!

AARRRGHHHH....

Guys--you better ask him some good, hard-hitting questions. Ask him about his set in Coachella!

Annie <[email protected]>
Chicago (for now!) - Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 15:11:25 (PDT) | #25

Yes, for the love of God, what SOFTWARE do we need? Can we click on the website itself when it starts, or do we need an IRC program of some sort? Why don't the people at KROQ bother explaining it if they want people to actually tune in fer christ's sakes?

Debbie Gibson
electric Youth - Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 16:38:27 (PDT) | #26

Or an even BETTER idea would be for them to list the channel#.

Disclaimer:

I will personally not be held responsible if I miss the chat.

Debbie Gibson
electric Youth - Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 16:45:49 (PDT) | #27

well much like the santa barbara concert, i don't think moz wants kroq to anounce the online chat, thats just the way he is and always has been. another thing... i don't know what all the hype is about coachella. In order to see Morrissey you have to sit through numerous bands that have never before been heard of, in 90+ yes 90+ degree heat october or not it's still hot in the desrt till about mid november... well im glad im going to santa barbara.

armando <[email protected]>
whittier - Mon, Sep 27, 1999 at 22:52:08 (PDT) | #28

Help! What time would that be in germany? Anyone?

Keen
- Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 06:52:32 (PDT) | #29

the biggest event of the 90's...

emanon <[email protected]>
- Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 06:53:50 (PDT) | #30

For England Time it's 2 A.M.,since it's 5 hours plus to east coast. Why is Morrissey always on the west coast anyway? L.A. sucks!

Linda
Philly - Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 07:41:39 (PDT) | #31

6pm central eurpean time? no?!

louise
sweden - Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 11:54:31 (PDT) | #32

"MORRISSEY" in Santa Barbara, Vegas and at the Cochella Festival, Well hold on to your balls, because here i come...

curious george <[email protected]>
- Tue, Sep 28, 1999 at 13:48:20 (PDT) | #33

The chat will be at 3 a.m. central European time, so get up early or stay awake.

bas ten bokum <[email protected]>
Amsterdam, NL - Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 02:23:31 (PDT) | #34

Okey, for crying out loud: What time will the chat start if I live in Sweden (I guess it's central european time?)??. Some of you says 02.00 PM. Thursday...and some say 03.00 pm thursday.
So who can I trust?

Martin
- Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 06:24:24 (PDT) | #35

For those of you having time zone conversion problems, try:

http://sandbox.xerox.com/stewart/tzconvert.cgi

Don't do "stupids." Make you enter the time in military time (i.e. "18:00:00") and that you select "US/Pacific" for the "From Time Zone:" category. After you click convert scroll down to see the results.

Good Luck!

rob <[email protected]>
- Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 09:25:28 (PDT) | #36

WOW, MORRISSEY ON CHAT. PLEASE, HELP ME I DONT KNOW HOW I CAN TO JOIN THIS SHOW. IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME I APPRECIATE. IN BRAZIL EVERYTHING IS DIFFICULT. H E L P M E !!!!!!

William Reis Damião <[email protected]>
SANTOS - BRAZIL - Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 13:58:18 (PDT) | #37

Hey! There's somebody here(or there)to help me??
I'm on Rio de Janeiro / BRASIL, and I would like to know at what time this is gonna happen - I would hate myself if it pass me by - So please, help me! Thanks a lot!!!

Ana Beatriz Rocha <[email protected]>
Rio de Janeiro / Brasil - Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 16:22:37 (PDT) | #38

where the %&*@#!!! is this chat??? is it all a big hoax???

kmp
hartsdale - Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 18:22:12 (PDT) | #39

well i having a terrible time finding the action has it even begun? Its now 720pm mt time

saintzoom <[email protected]>
denver - Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 18:24:03 (PDT) | #40

Hey, I live in L.A., I'm listening to KROQ and I still can't see any "chat" on their website. (I'm sure they've @#!!!ed this up somehow.)

Vicki
- Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 18:32:48 (PDT) | #41

where is the chat i can't find it can someone help me

izzy
- Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 18:37:30 (PDT) | #42

hello i mean hell i cant get chat i going to hate kroq so much

izzy
- Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 19:07:20 (PDT) | #43

* return to Morrissey-solo