The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 128: NOW MY HEART IS FULL

How do you rate Now My Heart Is Full?

• Total voters
Morrissey doesn't get much better than this. Absolutely brilliant. 10

Soz but I had to give it a meagre 9. It's a lovely song but it's never personally been one of my own absolute all-time personal favourites (of all time). Really enjoy it live but the studio version seems to lack a certain kick. My favourite bit, tho, is at the end of the chorus where everything stops and Boz strums a brilliantly pleasing 'der-ner-ner-ner-ner-ner-ner-ning'!

Altho it's not a 10 for me, I'm really pleased it's doing so well. I love it when a Morrissey/Boorer or Morrissey/Whyte composition manages to penetrate the Marrosphere!
Plus, it shows that the post-Steven Street Morrissey solo career was worth sticking around for after all...

"Dallow, Spicer, Pinkie, Cubitt"...those four words got me moron into "Brighton Rock" and other works by Graham Greene. This is what intelligent music should do to a young person - stir emotions and take you further.

a perfect 10.

*slaps the people who give it less than a 10*

Please dont slap people for different musical tastes. Not everyone can be brought down to the lowest common denominator - even when it comes to Moz.

I for one must admit that both "Everyday Is Like Sunday" or "The First Of The Gang To Die" don't strike a chord in me - though they are very crafted pieces of music. Whereas "He Cried" - which generally isnt esteemed very highly - makes me sob whenever i hear it.

Wouldnt it be boring if we all had the same preferences?

Right up there with the very best songs he has, or will ever write. Extraordinary and brilliant - 10.

Soz but I had to give it a meagre 9. It's a lovely song but it's never personally been one of my own absolute all-time personal favourites (of all time).

Agreed. It's a good song, and I can see why so many people love it, but for me, personally, it's nowhere near his best - it wouldn't make my top 10. So I give it a 9.

Absolutley brilliant song. For me the lyrics have so much meaning, as they probably do for everyone! 10 :)

YES. Every single word is GREAT. I love the openings lines...how it starts off low and slow then just erupts. It really does fill your heart. Such a beautiful song -and one of those songs if someone asked you "what does Morrissey sound like?", you'd play this as a perfect example, and of course they'd be immediately converted :)
BTW, this is my 3 year olds fave song. Good pick, kid.

That reminds me, my Mom saw the cover of the ROTT CD and asked if he's a concert violinst. When I buffawed and then said no, she didn't want to have a listen.

Last edited:
Can anyone who is into Morrissey give this less than 10?

yes I did, a 9

'Speedway' and 'Why don't you find out for yourself' are me Vauxhall 10's.
plus I'm doubting over Spring-heeled Jim which I like very much , giving
also a 10.

this part of 'find out' is better than all 'now my heart is full' lyricwise

'don't rake up my mistakes
I now exactly what they are
AND WHAT DO YOU DO
well you just sit there
I been stabbed in the back
so many many times
i dont have any skin
that's just the way it goes'

who can give a song with this lyrics lesser than a 10?

Last edited:
A great track, the lyrics are particularly wonderful.

There's absolutely no way this is a 10 though, the music is not of the same calibre of his best solo works. On this album alone, there are 2-3 tracks which are quite superior.

I'll give it 9.

To people who give every other song a 10, are you really saying your top 5-10 tracks are equal to your next 30? :confused:

1st time i have given a 10. One of my favourite songs from Morrissey and his solo career.

[...] falls short of the majesty that is "I Know It's Over". But then, every song does...

i agree with you.

if i voted for this, i'd vote 7

To people who give every other song a 10, are you really saying your top 5-10 tracks are equal to your next 30? :confused:

I don't think I gave out too many 10's (actually only 29), but anyway - I have Smiths top 30 and Morrissey top 30, and even at gunpoint I couldn't say in which order these songs stand. It depends on the mood and the weather.
I can say which songs I really don't like, and have been doing so whilst voting in this poll, but there aren't that many of them.

I don't think I gave out too many 10's (actually only 29), but anyway - I have Smiths top 30 and Morrissey top 30, and even at gunpoint I couldn't say in which order these songs stand. It depends on the mood and the weather.
I can say which songs I really don't like, and have been doing so whilst voting in this poll, but there aren't that many of them.

same with me

Back
Top Bottom