The Godfather Of Emo?

DAnn where have you been and what have you done to our D Licious!?? :eek:

It's a really long story about me, but D Licious got a some new gigs that she'll be doing and won't be coming back for a while....(don't tell anyone but I think she's going to travel all over the world doing a reality show called Amazing Race....maybe she'll stop by in Australia.....say hi for me if you see her) :p

Yeah I like emo too. You have to be accepting of Morrissey fans having other tastes. I enjoy punk, emo, metal and even thrash!. But I still love Morrissey too.

Yeah I like emo too. You have to be accepting of Morrissey fans having other tastes. I enjoy punk, emo, metal and even thrash!. But I still love Morrissey too.

YAY!! I'm not alone in this scary world.......:)

Hey, I've seen MCR live twice. They are good. I have a nice wide range of likes.

I saw them at the MEN arena this year, i was up on my feet jumping about like a mad woman. I took my eldest daughter and her best friend. They were brilliant. :) I too have a wide range of musical tastes....I ADORE opera but some people think i am a wierdo.....I love Heavy metal, pop, rock, classical (especially Vivaldi. I have a thing for strings;)) even rap but i do draw the line at dance crap.....

Thank you xfranklyx for explaining us that emo is dead. I don't listen to such music and I don't know much about it. :)

slum mum and bobalmighty mentioned other bands they listen to. I listen to many bands that would be considered crap here (Bon Jovi, etc) but this doesn't implie I don't love Morrissey or better (in my case) The Smiths.

Is Moz the Godfather of emo? I don't know, I've just found out I don't know what emo is.

Well you can certainly say he had some influence on a few emo bands sure. But I doubt it is a tag he would look favourably upon!

Lol, exactly. Some people assume that Moz fans listen to nothing else at all!

Yes, but some Moz fans judge others because of their tastes, somebody slated my Sig because it offended their eyes that i have Gerard and Moz in the same sentence. :p I do listen a lot to Moz but last night i listened to Damien Rice another fav of mine. I have a huge thing for Jazz too. It lifts my spirits although at times it can depress me. There is no song of Morrissey's that depresses me but there are some that make me think. I can get lost in music if i had to choose between TV and music, well, the Rotbox loses everytime. I would struggle though if the choice was between books and music...Oh the pressure..

Thank you xfranklyx for explaining us that emo is dead. I don't listen to such music and I don't know much about it. :)

slum mum and bobalmighty mentioned other bands they listen to. I listen to many bands that would be considered crap here (Bon Jovi, etc) but this doesn't implie I don't love Morrissey or better (in my case) The Smiths.

Is Moz the Godfather of emo? I don't know, I've just found out I don't know what emo is.
Hey Judge, how are you? Emo is not important, truly it isn't.My daughter says that emo kids are the type that self harm and listening to a certain band doesn't mean that that person self harms. I just appreciate music of all genres. Besides Moz is called all sorts for his lyrics and music, like a miserablist (whatever that is:D) It doesn't mean i am miserable because i listen to Moz. He lights up my day oh and one more thing....BON JOVI are top. Slippery When Wet was my first Vinyl record i got. I love them. :)

Some Emo stuff that might help The Judge understand some.

emo.jpg
3-21-07-emo-duckth.jpg

emo666.jpg

This are my very personal thoughts on Emo music and lifestyle....

emo_sucks.jpg

I agree about the judging. I see a lot of slagging off for bands like Fall Out Boy, and I love FOB. So I expect a torrent of abuse now...

I agree about the judging. I see a lot of slagging off for bands like Fall Out Boy, and I love FOB. So I expect a torrent of abuse now...

The Pete guy right? I have heard some tracks of theirs and i do like what i hear. I kinda like Offspring so what genre are they?

I'm alright, but I'm supposed to study now and if mum comes... well, trouble.
What about you?
Glad you like Bon Jovi too. :)

Oops, fingers crossed she doesn't catch you. I'm on a late shift today and i don't wanna go to work. It's my third shift but my arms hurt. I had to have a Hepitius B vaccination and the MMR (measles, mumps and rubella vaccination) I have a cold because of it but i's needed cause i work in a hospital. I'll be ok in a few days.
Love Jon, he's top. So who else do you like?

Random order:
Queen, Radiohead, The Beatles, Muse (minus the last record), Jeff Buckley, The Cure, Joy Division, The Divine Comedy, Suede (I'm listening very much to them these days), The Electric Soft Parade, Oasis, Blur, Interpol, Television, Pink Floyd, The Clash, Gene, Sondre Lerche, Duran Duran...
Something (=I don't have most of their albums or I don't like most of their albums) by:
Led Zeppelin, Starsailor (I only have the first record), Natalie Imbruglia (first two albums), U2, Nirvana, Backstreet Boys, 5ive, Spice Girls, Travis, Doves, The Libertines, Coldplay, Johnny Marr + The Healers, The Kooks, Ok Go, Siouxsie & The Banshees, The View, Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Lou Reed, Talking Heads, The Police, Depeche Modem, Neil Young, Killing Joke, Metallica, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Bauhaus, The Strokes, Alice In Chains, Durutti Column, Heaven 17, Britney Spears, Pulp...

The distinction I've made isn't too strict. But now I'm actually listening only to The Smiths and the britpop bands mentioned above.
Oops I forgot The Stone Roses and some others, probably.

EDIT. some jazz music too. Beethoven, Chopin, classic etc., piano especially. And some Croatian music and very little Italian music.

Last edited:
The distinction I've made isn't too strict. But now I'm actually listening only to The Smiths and the britpop bands mentioned above.
Wow, some real gems in there! I listen to tons of stuff.. the only things I really really cannot bear is rap and hip-hop. I like..

The Beatles
Amy Winehouse
Bob Dylan
The Long Blondes
The Clash
The Jam
Leonard Cohen
Pulp
Smiths/Moz
Kate Bush
Blondie
Oasis
Suede
James
The Stone Roses
New Order
Joy Division
The Cure
The Kinks
Paul McCartney
Radiohead
Queen
Kings of Leon
David Bowie
Sparks
Simon & Garfunkel

and on and on and on..... :D

Random order:
Queen, Radiohead, The Beatles, Muse (minus the last record), Jeff Buckley, The Cure, Joy Division, The Divine Comedy, Suede (I'm listening very much to them these days), The Electric Soft Parade, Oasis, Blur, Interpol, Television, Pink Floyd, The Clash, Gene, Sondre Lerche, Duran Duran...
Something (=I don't have most of their albums or I don't like most of their albums) by:
Led Zeppelin, Starsailor (I only have the first record), Natalie Imbruglia (first two albums), U2, Nirvana, Backstreet Boys, 5ive, Spice Girls, Travis, Doves, The Libertines, Coldplay, Johnny Marr + The Healers, The Kooks, Ok Go, Siouxsie & The Banshees, The View, Arctic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs, Lou Reed, Talking Heads, The Police, Depeche Modem, Neil Young, Killing Joke, Metallica, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, Bauhaus, The Strokes, Alice In Chains, Durutti Column, Heaven 17, Britney Spears, Pulp...

Oops I forgot The Stone Roses and some others, probably.

EDIT. some jazz music too. Beethoven, Chopin, classic etc., piano especially. And some Croatian music and very little Italian music.

Wow, what a fine range in musical taste you have:) Some of those i have never listened to, but i thin ki will check some of them out.

Ok, everyone except Slummy, who is personally exempt for being nice :D

LMAO...:D Cheers Amy

Some Emo stuff that might help The Judge understand some.

emo.jpg
3-21-07-emo-duckth.jpg

emo666.jpg

This are my very personal thoughts on Emo music and lifestyle....

emo_sucks.jpg
ok not one of these stereotypes is correct. the reason i keep on replying to this thread is cause i listened to this music growing up 10 years ago... and the word emo(tional) is being attached to this garbage...
dont get me wrong i like mcr, some fob etc but its not emo music its pop music..everything today is NOT emo music. dashboard confessional used to be considered an emo band now its just pop music. i would say that was def the end when he was on mtv and played that whole "unplugged" set. i hate how emo, punk, hxc and the skateboard tattoo lifestyle got turned into the hip cool thing. i dont even tell people what i listen to anymore cause I get people thinking oh he must cut himself, oh weres his tight jeans black shirt an hair cut. you probably wouldnt even know i listen to any of that music by looking at me well besides my tattoos which i try to hide because if not i get everyone tryin to talk to me about miami ink or something. just cause you have a kanji, tribal or whatever hip at the time tattoo, does not mean we are down. leave me the F alone!
sorry for blowing haha im goin to work

You rant all you want hun:)

Back
Top Bottom