The Godfather Of Emo?

*sigh* another stupid thread about what "emo" is and isnt....
it makes me sick when people who have no clue, try to tell me what something is and isnt especially when i grew up with it, ie. punk hxc and emo/post melodic hxc scene BEFORE it got on mtv and it was cool to dress "punk".

MORRISSEY DOES NOT FALL UNDER THE "EMO" LABEL!!!!

p.s. just like punk... emo has been dead since the late 90s.. the end!

Re: The Godfather Of Emo? UNDERDOG

no green day is pretending to be emo now i find it humorous really how chameleonlike they've become.

i didnt say when it started dude i just said i like it AND i love FM veddy much

I just remember circa 1997-98...I was taking a history of Rock N'Roll class, and some kid thought he was cool and said Green Day was punk...My teacher told him to sit his ass down..and proceded to explain why they were NOT punk...

Which resulted in a Standing Ovation of ONE...

Emo people look at best like they just slept on their own hair...

Or at worst...like Foghorn Leghorn with that comb-over

200px-Foghorn_Leghorn.png

Re: The Godfather Of Emo? UNDERDOG

I just remember circa 1997-98...I was taking a history of Rock N'Roll class, and some kid thought he was cool and said Green Day was punk...My teacher told him to sit his ass down..and proceded to explain why they were NOT punk...

Which resulted in a Standing Ovation of ONE...

Emo people look at best like they just slept on their own hair...

Or at worst...like Foghorn Leghorn with that comb-over

I had a huuuuuge blog about why emos suck. ill have to find it. it was pretty funny. let me see if i can root around for it online...

emo-hairfull.jpg

I think this is why they dress so crappily...because they can't see into the mirror!

Okay, What Idiot thinks that looks cool...and what slut thinks that looks sexy?

Seriously...anybody who looks like that needs a beating

i loved american idiot. i think green day are alrite they might not be as old as lydon but at least those boys all knew each other when they were smelly crusty punks in berkeley. im gonna bet billy joe or whatever his name is has a pretty great record collection. people get influenced whatever.

i loved american idiot. i think green day are alrite they might not be as old as lydon but at least those boys all knew each other when they were smelly crusty punks in berkeley. im gonna bet billy joe or whatever his name is has a pretty great record collection. people get influenced whatever.

I wonder what Green Day fans think Of Billy Joe kissing other guys on stage?

green day has its place. Mostly, in my ipod for running. all their songs are pretty much the same backbeat and its interesting enough to keep me motivated and i dont have to change my gait.

but when i first saw their 'newer' promotion pics and they changed their entire look just to sell more cds i was not surprised but it was still a very "ugh" moment.

The best thing about Billie Joe was he made my name not so hideous. I have the same exact name and I went from being thought of as "hick" (even though i WASNT) to "oh like billie joe from green day" which was waaaaay easier to swallow. middle school can be so rough *cries* :p

I hate Green Day and was even more pissed when they came out with "American Idiot" and everyone thought it was just the best Democratic song ever. :rolleyes:

I hate Green Day and was even more pissed when they came out with "American Idiot" and everyone thought it was just the best Democratic song ever. :rolleyes:

I hate when Trendy bands try to be political they just look like asses..

It's like when Celebrities do Those "Rock The Vote" commericals and 10 minutes later they're standing side by side with whatever canidate the democratic party nominates..they're basically saying...Get out and vote...but make sure you do it for a democrat....they are so phony...

220px-Drew_Barrymore_headshot_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

i am so disenchanted with american politics and the very real possibility that my vote does not f***ing count, that i just don't care anymore. and frankly i feel like the politicians are all raving lunatic liars, dem or rep!

Last edited:
i am so disenchanted with american politics and the very real possibility that my vote does not f***ing count, that i just don't care anymore. and frankly i feel like the politicians are all raving lunatic liars, dem or rep!

They're all Liars...Democrats are just better at hiding it...Republicans often make big promises and never fulfill them...And by the time they count votes on The West Coast..the Election is already over practically...

I honestly think it's time for a military coup...

emo-hairfull.jpg

I think this is why they dress so crappily...because they can't see into the mirror!
this kid has NOTHING to do with emo. its just some trendy fashion kid.
emo was about the music not bout the hair cut and the way you dressed.
like i said... emo is dead. so please stop labeling these KIDS who are fly by night dorks into something it isnt

this kid has NOTHING to do with emo. its just some trendy fashion kid.
emo was about the music not bout the hair cut and the way you dressed.
like i said... emo is dead. so please stop labeling these KIDS who are fly by night dorks into something it isnt

Emo was Dead from the beginning

Back
Top Bottom