Morrissey: The king of Samples

underdog99

Personally I thoroughly enjoy a sample in a song, and morrissey uses so many great samples. I also love how he goes beyond simply using a sample to start a song, and use them within the song in clever ways.

That being said some of my favorite are:

The wolf howl in Picadilly Palare (and the very faint "no dad")
The chainsaw in Speedway
and (what I believe to be) dueling swords near the end of Life Is A Pigsty

discuss your favorites:cool:

Spring Heeled Jim has quite a bit, but not too much sampling. I love it.

yeah spring heeled jim has some goodies...come to think of it alot of vauxhall has good samples, billy budd, and the war sounds in 'lazy sunbathers'

Oh, can't believe I forgot Rubber Ring.

You are sleeping. You do not want to believe.

the sirens at the start of the youngest was the most loved are pretty nifty.

I read somewhere on this site a little while ago that the bassline to Alsatian Cousin was the same bassline used in Grandmaster Flash's "White Lines." I love both songs. :)

white lines.......DON'T DO IT!

I read somewhere on this site a little while ago that the bassline to Alsatian Cousin was the same bassline used in Grandmaster Flash's "White Lines." I love both songs. :)

Dude... synchronicity... guess what song is playing on shuffle right now? And just yesterday I was in a men's clothier, with a tweed, leather-elbowed jacket on display, and I stifled a grin.

So basically you are saying that it wasn't P-Diddy who invented the remix... but Morrissey?

but....P. Diddy is a joke

seriously, it was so lame when he was all over everywhere in like 2004, ENOUGH

back to the subject at hand...'teachers are afraid of the pupils' uses that orchestra loop, cant remember the info on it, but it's great none the less

Springheeled Jim easily the best

Morrissey most famous is
'los Angeles you are too hot' in the beginning 'First of the Gang to Die'

on this glorious occasion, on this splendid defeat, is nice but borrowed

Personally I thoroughly enjoy a sample in a song, and morrissey uses so many great samples. I also love how he goes beyond simply using a sample to start a song, and use them within the song in clever ways.

That being said some of my favorite are:

The wolf howl in Picadilly Palare (and the very faint "no dad")
The chainsaw in Speedway
and (what I believe to be) dueling swords near the end of Life Is A Pigsty

discuss your favorites:cool:

I believe that that isn't the sound of a chainsaw.

I initially thought Speedway's sample was chainsaw, but actually sound of motor bike engine, I read somewhere.

what, cross them? you can if they're broken. It's those pesky double yellow lines you can't cross. But you wouldn't know that was the law if you were driving in Baltimore County.

Back
Top Bottom