Something Is Squeezing My Skull - a future single?

Orson Swells

Does anyone else think Something Is Squeezing My Skull would make a fantastic future single? I like That's How People Grow Up but it should have been a double a-side with All You Need Is Me. Something Is... would I think really surprise non-Morrissey fans with its dark lyrics and the fast, almost punk-fuelled attack of the music.

Does anyone else think Something Is Squeezing My Skull would make a fantastic future single? I like That's How People Grow Up but it should have been a double a-side with All You Need Is Me. Something Is... would I think really surprise non-Morrissey fans with its dark lyrics and the fast, almost punk-fuelled attack of the music.

TOTALLY!!!! I have been thinking that should SOOO be the single!

I'm trying to think of a radio DJ who would have trouble saying the title...

Aye! Skull SHOULD be a future single.

Interesting how you think of its appeal to non-Morrissey fans. Of course, a single used to be a loss-leader designed to lure the masses in to buy the album. But isn't pop and its formulations dead? Bah, like that ever stopped Morrissey! I mean how many people are gonna buy the 7" THPGU vinyls and PLAY IT ON THEIR TURNTABLES? Me, I'm just buying it for its looks.

I have noted that this would be a great single --
http://tour.morrissey-solo.com/comments.pl?sid=27758&cid=292372

But Moz has this perverse way of NOT releasing great songs as singles. Oftentimes the best contenders for A-sides are relegated to obscure b-sides if even officially released! I'm thinking of songs such as "Noise Is the Best Revenge" and "I'm Playing Easy to Get". Meanwhile, he foists upon us mediocre songs such as "Boy Yappy" with gimmicky promotions (picture disc) as A-sides.

If your listening Moz (or his 'people')...get on it. I'd like to see it as a single.

Yes :D

Skull and MAMA deserve to be singles:D but since the album is to be released latter in the year (fall?) - we may have to wait :tears:

How about AYNIM ? with farewell as a b-side? :p :D

I'd love this as a new single..or anything off a new album...ASAP please :o...

Absaloutely. I wish it was being released instead of That's how people grow up. Well, i wish it was being released first (i.e. tommrow) I agree with the fact it may appeal to non Moz fans too.

I definitely think it would make a fantastic single. it's lively :D

I'm glad lots of us agree. I think it has a great pop sensibility as usual, but with a punky edge, and real attitude in the lyrics. It would be less slight than some of his singles and I think it would really surprise people.

I do think All You Need Is Me could still be released as a single despite its appearance on the "Greatest" Hits - but it would have to have all-new b-sides, ideally three of them as with the Quarry singles.

I'm glad lots of us agree. I think it has a great pop sensibility as usual, but with a punky edge, and real attitude in the lyrics. It would be less slight than some of his singles and I think it would really surprise people.

I do think All You Need Is Me could still be released as a single despite its appearance on the "Greatest" Hits - but it would have to have all-new b-sides, ideally three of them as with the Quarry singles.

I would imagine it will be released - that is usually the way with new songs on these kinds of compliations. Otherwise, it's not a "greatest hit", it's an album track.

It'll be released April / May, i reckon.

BTW - i've bought the 7"'s & i've played them!

I'd have to hear the studio version, but right now I think it's among the best 3-4 songs he's written since "Vauxhall and I". Certainly one of the best vocals.

How many new songs has he recorded yet? As far as I remember, it's only THPGU and AYNIM. Maybe that's why there are only live b-sides now, because AYNIM is going to be the second new single and there are no other new studio recordings available yet. He should go into a studio as soon as possible!

How many new songs has he recorded yet? As far as I remember, it's only THPGU and AYNIM. Maybe that's why there are only live b-sides now, because AYNIM is going to be the second new single and there are no other new studio recordings available yet. He should go into a studio as soon as possible!

But that's just what he was doing all of January before the start of the most recent leg of the tour!

hold on ! we got to 18 posts on this thread and every 1 agrees with each other, must be a record for this site and for the record i agree too great song , single material lets just hope the producers dont ruin it in the studio as they did with "i like you" and "crashin bores"

Back
Top Bottom