Mama Lay.... & Something is Squeezing..... in Strasbourg on YouTube

WOW, thanks for posting these :D

I Like Skull a lot :D but Mama ...well, I think I am addicted just after 1 listen :eek: it sounds great GREAT :D - Thank you Alain & Moz :guitar:

Oh, thank you so much for this.

At the risk of sounding like someone who happily falls down and rolls on the floor whenever Morrissey introduces a new song, I'm really liking both of these.

"Something is Squeezing my Skull" - A punk anthem about mood-altering chemicals. I don't think I've heard anyone use lorazepam in a song before - lithium yes, but not lorazepam. I don't want to listen to a fuzzy version too much, but from what I can tell, it's a dark, funny meditation on anti-depressants, which many people I know will be able to relate to. The "Don't give me more" is infectious and old-school, and can go from funny to tragic if handled correctly.

"Mama" is totally my style, slow and dark, with a nice wailing instrumental. I can't make out the lyrics, but I know I'm going to be singing this over and over and over again. I love the way it gallops along. Is this Alain's work?

Me and the Mister are thinkin' better than Ringleader, but when it comes to Morrissey, we're very excitable.

:guitar: :D :guitar:

Oh, thank you so much for this.

At the risk of sounding like someone who happily falls down and rolls on the floor whenever Morrissey introduces a new song, I'm really liking both of these.

"Something is Squeezing my Skull" - A punk anthem about mood-altering chemicals. I don't think I've heard anyone use lorazepam in a song before - lithium yes, but not lorazepam. I don't want to listen to a fuzzy version too much, but from what I can tell, it's a dark, funny meditation on anti-depressants, which many people I know will be able to relate to. The "Don't give me more" is infectious and old-school, and can go from funny to tragic if handled correctly.

"Mama" is totally my style, slow and dark, with a nice wailing instrumental. I can't make out the lyrics, but I know I'm going to be singing this over and over and over again. I love the way it gallops along. Is this Alain's work?

Me and the Mister are thinkin' better than Ringleader, but when it comes to Morrissey, we're very excitable.

:guitar: :D :guitar:

Yes, these two new songs are indeed written by Alain Gordon Whyte (according to the Warner Chappell website which lists these and 10 other new Morrissey/Whyte songs).

Yes, these two new songs are indeed written by Alain Gordon Whyte (according to the Warner Chappell website which lists these and 10 other new Morrissey/Whyte songs).

I think it's official then, Alain really brings out something very, very good in Morrissey.

I'm so glad that they still have a positive working relationship.

Morrissey and power chords :guitar: should not mix..but he mixes them anyway. :sick:

which is why i don't think it's jesse's fault (since Alain provided these songs)...i think Morrissey is too influenced by 70's punk rock since right before Ringleader.

I'm not sure if this was already posted, but here's another snipped of "Mama..." I found on youtube

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if this was already posted, but here's another snipped of "Mama..." I found on youtube

mell, mell, mell ... what are you doing?:eek: I'm already addicted to this song, don't do this to me! :o:rolleyes::D

Last edited by a moderator:
united presence woo!

Sign me up as a fan of both of these ... long, strange titles & all.

And am I hearing it wrong or does he quote marzapan as an antidepressent? If so how funny!!!! Mmmmm. Sesame seeds do put me in a mood for sherbet. :D

Mmmm, marzipan. Gimme more - in the form of a filling of a dark chocolate candy (box of See's Candies please ... STAT)!

So far I prefer "Mama" to "Skull" but perhaps that's just because there's more of that to listen to right now. I too like the way it darkly marches along. And I quite like the melody ... however, I can't help but feel like he's about to burst into a cover of "Bohemian Rhapsody" every time he sings "Mama ..."

Back
Top Bottom