Mama Lay.... & Something is Squeezing..... in Strasbourg on YouTube

Interesting.. The songs sound better than I'd expected from the titles, still, a closer listen (with a clearer recording) is needed, however, i still can't wait for the album. He sure is moving in a very Rock 'n Roll direction, it started with your arsenal, but I think it's really been dramatic from Quarry onward.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. This can be good, I mean, he has some great rock-ier numbers, National Front, Irish Blood, You have Killed Me, All You Need.., etc., ...but it was tempered by softer numbers like 'I know It's Gonna Happen.." or "Certain People.." I'm hoping Moz won't be all blood and thunder from now on. I like a little Suedehead with my Boy Racer, y'know?

I'm liking them both, and am grateful to the filmers and uploaders.
I think I prefer Mama...at the moment, especially the line ''its just so lonely here without you''. I like the line itself, but also the way he sings it in this recording.

Is it just my ears or does he mention HRT, just before ECT in 'Something Is Squeezing My Skull'? :confused:

I really like both songs, from what I've hear of them. I really hope he keeps them both in the set list for the remainder of the tour. I'd love to hear them live.

According to Moz's wikipedia page another new song, 'No room for Oscar' will be premiered at one of the London dates, but of course we’ve just heard two new song. Surely he couldn't spoil us with a third?

Is it just my ears or does he mention HRT, just before ECT in 'Something Is Squeezing My Skull'? :confused:

I heard this too!!! I'm glad to see I'm not alone. :D I posted my guess at the lyrics in the downloads/bootlegs forum. Upon listening to the Lille bootleg, I still definitely hear him saying "HRT, ECT..."

HRT= hormone replacement therapy
ECT=electroconvulsive therapy :eek:

hmmm, they don't sound half bad actually. id say they sound more interesting than "thats how people grow up" and half the songs on Ringleader, but still too early to really say.

As far as I can say I like them both.
Especially Mama... it´s very Rock ´n Roll to me. (Haha, sorry, can´t find the words right now to say what I mean in a proper way. :rolleyes: )
And I really love the idea of Something is squeezing..., a song about antidepressants, great thing.

Oh, I can´t wait for the new album, I bet I will love it! :D

By the way, thanks for the links and thanks to the filmers!

Where do you see that? I don't. And since when has Wikipedia become a source for rumors? It's easy enough to see who's edited the page to add these rumors; has anybody bothered to do so?

ooo you grump!

It say’s it next to the song title. I’m not saying its right or wrong. I just thought I’d mention it with the London shows coming up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morrissey's_Untitled_Ninth_Studio_Album

thanks Tbevie :)

After some listens I think mama is the better song (for now) I find the something squeezing my skull lyric very jarring, a bit like how I found the explosive kegs line in dear god at first. I love the music and I think these songs are really going to be belters. :D

Back
Top Bottom