Mama Lay.... & Something is Squeezing..... in Strasbourg on YouTube

:D Thanks should go to Gregor and his friend Regan for taping it in the first place.

Thanks for the others, though. I didn't realize that anyone had YouTubed the Squeezing one; I'd forgotten to do it myself.

Oh good for EP...Moz in all brown! :D

Thanks everyone for the links!
Upon a couple of listens, I must say I really like "Mama" :guitar: It's a rocker -his vibe and the music are very primal feeling. "Skull" isn't really doing it for me but maybe I need to hear a clearer version? Not sure what he's repeating but I tend to not like when he does that in songs... kind of lazy to me, like why repeat repeat rather than add lyrics? Again, I gotta get a proper listen of these new ones. I wasn't sure what to expect but I am pleased to say they don't suck :p Ya never know what you'll get with song titles like that...:D

And I love seeing/hearing 'current day' Morrissey -doing anything :cool:

Who put the efff in roidian slip?

Thanks everyone for the links!
Upon a couple of listens, I must say I really like "Mama" :guitar: It's a rocker -his vibe and the music are very primal feeling. "Skull" isn't really doing it for me but maybe I need to hear a clearer version? Not sure what he's repeating but I tend to not like when he does that in songs... kind of lazy to me, like why repeat repeat rather than add lyrics? Again, I gotta get a proper listen of these new ones. I wasn't sure what to expect but I am pleased to say they don't suck :p Ya never know what you'll get with song titles like that...:D

And I love seeing/hearing 'current day' Morrissey -doing anything :cool:

I like the repetition. In fact I really really enjoy both songs. I'd LOOOOOVE to see the skull one live. As far as the repition goes, I think it's kind of a joke. Don't give me more. Don't. Give me more. He's making a comment on the bipolar-like element of an addiction to something your know you shouldn't have but you want it bad. I could be wrong. And am I hearing it wrong or does he quote marzapan as an antidepressent? If so how funny!!!! Mmmmm. Sesame seeds do put me in a mood for sherbet. :D

I like the repetition. In fact I really really enjoy both songs. I'd LOOOOOVE to see the skull one live. As far as the repition goes, I think it's kind of a joke. Don't give me more. Don't. Give me more. He's making a comment on the bipolar-like element of an addiction to something your know you shouldn't have but you want it bad. I could be wrong. And am I hearing it wrong or does he quote marzapan as an antidepressent? If so how funny!!!! Mmmmm. Sesame seeds do put me in a mood for sherbet. :D

Well...since you put it like that, I love it :D

Hmmmmyes. I'm sure. :)

something is squeezing my skull is a brilliant and great song already,
and I've only see 1.57 audience recording, it can only be better

the new album sounds promising

Viva Alain

is it just me or does mama lay softly on the riverbed use the same chords as roy's keen? something about them sounds awfully similar.

Difficult to judge due to the quality of these clips but...meh...they both sound like about 25 other tracks he's released in the past.
They're all merging into one epic Morrissey-by-Numbers song. Sorry. :o

I'm critical because I know how bloody briliant he can be.

Very kind of people to make the effort to record them and post them on youtube for other fans, though.

:D Thanks should go to Gregor and his friend Regan for taping it in the first place.

Thanks for the others, though. I didn't realize that anyone had YouTubed the Squeezing one; I'd forgotten to do it myself.

yes of course credit to them!
What I found somewhat odd was on the ones I uploaded more than double watched part one that watched part 2, so are people watching and then going, shant bother with the 2nd part?

Thanks for those clips -- medicine for those of us very far away.

Mama sounds very good. I like the "singing" keyboard but imagine it was originally intended as a backing vocal (another aspect of Alain missed).

Something is Squeezing sounds like Morrissey's anti-depressant anthem. I agree with the poster above that repetition works in this case. It's a vicious cycle. If he does indeed say "marzapan" that is hilarious!

Difficult to judge due to the quality of these clips but...meh...they both sound like about 25 other tracks he's released in the past.
They're all merging into one epic Morrissey-by-Numbers song. Sorry. :o

I'm critical because I know how bloody briliant he can be.

Very kind of people to make the effort to record them and post them on youtube for other fans, though.

I have reservations myself, but I'm determined to give it a go when I have the whole album... :rolleyes: And I know that I'll grow to like it.

I have reservations myself, but I'm determined to give it a go when I have the whole album... :rolleyes: And I know that I'll grow to like it.

For sure, the quality of these clips and only a couple of listens makes it difficult to judge properly.

yes of course credit to them!
What I found somewhat odd was on the ones I uploaded more than double watched part one that watched part 2, so are people watching and then going, shant bother with the 2nd part?

Their mom's come in and say "Do we have to listen to that awful man wailing again?" and turn off their computers.

Thank you very much for the links! New songs, how exciting! :D

I really like "Something Is Squeezing My Skull"! :guitar: Not sure what I think of "Mama...", yet...

Still don't like the song titles though...

Back
Top Bottom