Morrissey in his 40's

• Thread starter Deleted member 4260
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4260

I've been curious about something lately. When my mother saw Moz on Letterman ( I demanded she watch it) she asked me how old he was. She thought he was in his 60's. She's right! Not about his age, but about the way he looks. Now don't get me wrong, he's still very handsome and is #1 on my list, but he does look older than he is. This is especially weird because you would think his lifestyle (or what we know of it) would have the opposite affect.
No drugs, no meat, no smoking, no drinking(?)
Take Sting for example..Sting is 60. If not older. Yet, he looks like he is in his 30's!! It's unbelievable how he looks! I don't know anything about Sting's lifestyle. I would assume it's healty because of all that tantric nonsense.
Am I alone in thinking this? It's probably just genetics, but I was wondering what other people's opinions are.

Monique

people will say he looks great. which i agree, he does. but does he look his age? no. so i agree with you, morrissey does look old for his age. sometimes it has nothing to do with diet or lifestyles. something triggered around 1995, and from then he started to age quickly.

you mention his diet. it's important to point out that morrissey does not eat a healthy diet. he eats mostly simple carbs, starches and sugar. that's not healthy, but notice it's all vegetarian.

plus he is overweight, which could add years to the face. once again, bad diet a cause??.

and i always joke around that years of living in cloudy Manchester, he didn't realize the importance of sunscreen while living in Los Angeles for 7-8 years.

I think he went mad in LA. No sunblock. And supposedly he lives on toast and tea. And oranges. I would love to cook real food for him, there is so much you can do... I love cooking. He eats like a five year old.

It makes me a little sad to see how he's aged in the past fifteen years, but mostly because if he's aged that much, then I have too. Still, he's the best looking man...

if he was looking like he was in his 60's i for one would s to the o to the k to the E.D. no pun intended.

I've been curious about something lately. When my mother saw Moz on Letterman ( I demanded she watch it) she asked me how old he was. She thought he was in his 60's. She's right! Not about his age, but about the way he looks. Now don't get me wrong, he's still very handsome and is #1 on my list, but he does look older than he is. This is especially weird because you would think his lifestyle (or what we know of it) would have the opposite affect.
Take Sting for example..Sting is 60. If not older. Yet, he looks like he is in his 30's!! It's unbelievable how he looks! I don't know anything about Sting's lifestyle. I would assume it's healty because of all that tantric nonsense.
Am I alone in thinking this? It's probably just genetics, but I was wondering what other people's opinions are.

Monique

I have had exactly the same thoughts myself.
To me, he looks like he is in his late 50s. Perhaps it is genetics as you said?? I've always wondered why...

That said, i still think he is divine and always will :)

I don't know what forty is supposed to look like, but I think he looks pretty good. I can only hope I look so good at that age. f***, I'm 22 and already my hair is going.

Monique

Sting is actually 55 so lets get facts right first.
And as to the pleb who said Morrissey is over weight, I disagree. I assume you are merely attempting to be controversial?:confused:

Jukebox Jury

i've had a bit to drink but i can saftely say your mother is crazy. he looks amazing. i just watched who put the wat and wat in manchester. its beautiful, he's beautiful. i love him. that'sall

Although Morrissey photographs very well, I think the camera makes him look older. I've seen him in person (in concert) many times, and I must say he looks younger and more fit in the flesh. When I saw him in Sparks a few months ago, I was front and center...about 2 feet from him. He looked gorgeous. I was even thinking he must get facials because his skin looked so good. He smelled really good too!! :D

Yes, he needs to hire a really good photographer. He needs one person who knows him, knows his best angles, is good with natural light, and works well with him creatively. I wonder where he could find such a person? Hmmm...

And then he needs to get a really big bottle of sunblock and USE IT! You can get a spray tan if you really need one.

Sting is actually 55 so lets get facts right first.
And as to the pleb who said Morrissey is over weight, I disagree. I assume you are merely attempting to be controversial?:confused:

Jukebox Jury

I got the age of 60 from the latest issue of Rolling Stone with The Police on the cover.

Although Morrissey photographs very well, I think the camera makes him look older. I've seen him in person (in concert) many times, and I must say he looks younger and more fit in the flesh. When I saw him in Sparks a few months ago, I was front and center...about 2 feet from him. He looked gorgeous. I was even thinking he must get facials because his skin looked so good. He smelled really good too!! :D

Yes, he must get facials, he has really soft skin on his face......

I've never had the chance to see him but I've been told by DAnn;)

Last edited:

Jukebox Jury

um...ok:confused:

i guess your standards differ from those set by the medical establishment, and society in general. that's cool, doing your own thing there. :cool:

i don't think people are used to seeing celebrities with their natural hair color!

Sting most likely dyes his hair which takes about 10 years off of his appearance. morrissey probably wants the older, more distinguished look by leaving the gray in.

Sting may have also had a few nips and tucks here and there.

My mum also saw Moz on TV last year and said "is that him, he's an old man". That got me a bit mad and of course I defended him. But it is definately a genetic thing. Some people are genetically predisposed to age quicker than others. I work with a woman who has just retired at 60 and I thought she was about 45. Yet other people look much older than they are. Smoking, drinking and sunbathing don't help, but it is mainly down to your genes. Blame your parents!

Caucasians genreally look older...its to do with shades of skin pigmentation. In layman's terms this equates as "black don't crack."

I think anyone who criticises the way he looks should post a picture of their mug so we can see what gorgeous creatures THEY are!!:mad:He looks divine,he is divine.He`s the most divine person on the planet.Would you guys like him to have his face sucked up like Burt Reynolds.?Anyone who says otherwise should be ashamed of their disloyalty.Go on the Frink thread and see how beautiful he is.

Morrissey looks great, regardless of age, a very sexy older man indeed.

um...ok:confused:

i guess your standards differ from those set by the medical establishment, and society in general. that's cool, doing your own thing there. :cool:

Moz is definately not overweight. I don't know how much you think he weighs but surely the medical establishment, or society in general wouldn't suggest that he is.

I have to agree. He does look about ten years older than he actually is. I think there is a little middle age spread happening around the mid-rift too.

It doesen help that he wears suit jackets and shirts and ties either. Although they may look smart, its the type of atire one associates with an older gentleman rather than a rock God like Moz.

Back
Top Bottom