B Sides

A Song from Under the Floorboards has grown on me. At first I thought it was just okay, because the vocals to be seem really bland, like he's barely awake while he singing, but there is something subtle in the music that makes me listen to it over and over again. Ganglord is one of the best songs he's written in 10 years, and that together with If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me are better than almost every other song on Ringleader of the Tormentors.

Ganglord, musically, I think is brilliant but lyrically I don't think it's matching, sadly. Saying that, the vocals on the recording are better than they are when he does this live in my experience. Floorboards has to be one of the best covers he's done, great stuff. Great music and vocal.

Ben Budd said:
Ganglord, musically, I think is brilliant but lyrically I don't think it's matching, sadly. Saying that, the vocals on the recording are better than they are when he does this live in my experience. Floorboards has to be one of the best covers he's done, great stuff. Great music and vocal.

Ben, I know for a fact I've seen Moz perform Ganglord more times than you (12 to 5 i think it is?), and I can tell you for a fact that the live vocals are far far better than the recorded vocals. Not that I'm having a go at the recorded vocals, but Moz sings every song better live.

I'm also not quite sure what your problem is with the lyrics. But then again, you do consider Tim Booth the second greatest lyricist of all time so really, your opinion on lyrics isn't really worth thinking about :p

Yeah, but I've seen him perform Panic the same number of times as you. And it's better on record then ;)

Back
Top Bottom