Boy Happy B-sides

The Goat

Banned
I sincerely hope there are some new B-sides to go with the new single and not some throw away live tracks.
With new material then it has a chance of making the top 20. Without it will be lucky to reach 40.
I only bought the CD1 version of the last single, not bothering with CD2 as I'm not really 'bovvered' about collecting live B-sides.
Lets face facts, if Morrissey sells (entirely for example) 10,000 copies of 'You have killed me' in it's first week, then it is fair to say 5000 of us have bought both CD versions containing the different B-sides.

The Goat

I sincerely hope there are some new B-sides to go with the new single and not some throw away live tracks.
With new material then it has a chance of making the top 20. Without it will be lucky to reach 40.
I only bought the CD1 version of the last single, not bothering with CD2 as I'm not really 'bovvered' about collecting live B-sides.
Lets face facts, if Morrissey sells (entirely for example) 10,000 copies of 'You have killed me' in it's first week, then it is fair to say 5000 of us have bought both CD versions containing the different B-sides.

The Goat

I hope so. In the same way that Black-Eyed Susan and Swallow On My Neck were held back for a while, I wonder if we might get some songs that have been 'in a cupboard'. It's probably too much to hope for something like Home Is A Question Mark, and the more I hear, the less optimistic I am that Children In Pieces will see the light of day...still, I can hope.

Peter

Thanks Unc
Yes they were two B-sides well worth buying.
There is also 'Just playing easy to get' from the Janice Long session two years ago....

The Goat

What have they been doing the last couple of months? Surely they've had enough time to records 2 or 3 songs?
I'm sure there will be new b-sides, otherwise there would be no point releasing a 4th single.

What have they been doing the last couple of months? Surely they've had enough time to records 2 or 3 songs?
I'm sure there will be new b-sides, otherwise there would be no point releasing a 4th single.

Of course, there's always the option of putting some live tracks on there. The Boy Racer CDs are great examples of that. I'd be disappointed if we got live versions of recent album tracks.

Peter

A tour is surely one of the best ways of getting new inspiration for new material. I hope that he dosen't releases "Street Life" as a b-side, the P3 recording is very good and it will stay as a rarity.

Tony Visconti said in an interview with the NME, that they had recorded 20 songs in the studio and that some of his favourites where left off the album and that he thought it should have been a double album.

So far we’ve only had 5 original B-sides. Could it be that they’re saving the best for last and giving us 3 new original B-sides?

Or am I just hoping for to much?

i would hope for one or two...
three might be a stretch, but i believe that we would all be thankful if that happens!

Back
Top Bottom