Morrissey Central “BONFIRE DOUSED” (February 7, 2023)

full

Morrissey is ‘too diverse’ for Universal Music Group.
Capitol Records (Los Angeles) will not, after all, release Morrissey’s 2021 album ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’. At the same time, Capitol Records (Los Angeles) are holding on to the album.

Although Morrissey officially signed to Capitol Records Los Angeles, there has been no mention of Morrissey on Capitol’s website or on their Artists roster.

Morrissey has said that although he does not believe that Capitol Records in Los Angeles signed ‘Bonfire of Teenagers’ in order to sabotage it, he is quickly coming around to that belief.

Related items:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Checking the (UK) YT version this morning, I see another:

Screenshot_20240127-044453.png

IIP-DDS is a distribution company (owned by "Fuga").
I'd say the regional variations of who 'provided' the track to YT is more reflective of digital rights management than anything to do with an album release.
Would happily be wrong on this occasion.
FWD.

If it helps: Second Wind & IIP-DDS appear to be companies that are dealing with the track streaming via video platforms. I wouldn't expect the Spotify credits to change unless something major comes along.
FWD.

I found videos of other artists (Henrik Lindstrand, Penny Rimboud ..)
which are provided to youtube by Second Wind ltd .
Of course, their music is published by One Little Independent...

IIP-DDS version appeared on YouTube on November 25, 2022. Second Wind Ltd version. appeared yesterday.This really makes me think :unsure:

Last edited:
My conspiracy theory is:
Morrissey bought the rights to Bonfire Of Teenagers back from Capitol.
Details for this album to be released on an independent label (OLI) are currently being finalized,
Please don't wake me up from this dream. Let it last :brows:

Last edited:
My conspiracy theory is:
Morrissey bought the rights to Bonfire Of Teenagers back from Capitol.
Details for this album to be released on an independent label (OLI) are currently being finalized,
Please don't wake me up from this dream. Let it last :brows:
Nice dream.

It shouldn’t be too long, just sometime between now and the heat death of the universe.

I just hope it gets released within the next 30 years before my hearing starts to deteriorate.
They'll probably release it with a bonus hearing aid by then anyway.

1709590936423.png

Tbh, I’ve forgotten what Rebels Without Applause even sounds like at this point, and it’s lyrics, apart from girls gone wrong something something.

Let's remain optimistic, years ending in '4' are good years for Moz in terms of album release:

1984 The Smiths (February)
1994 Vauxhall And I (March)
2004 You Are The Quarry (May)
2014 World Peace Is None Of Your Business (July)
2024 Bonfire Of Teenagers (?)

So Moz, what month is that gonna be?
Record_2024-02-26-14-07-46_2_AdobeExpress.gif

Tags
bonfire of teenagers

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom