Morrissey Central "PESTANA PALACE" (February 27, 2024)

Screenshot_20240227-211236.png

PESTANA PALACE

February 27, 2024
The 'new' Morrissey interview and accompanying photographs at Pestana Palace are a hoax. Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point.

The interview referenced is labelled "Published on Dec 31, 2014" and is found here:

(article image added to OP)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
By moderator(s) I mean whoever is posting on there. It doesn't seem like it's Morrissey directly...
Most here think Morrissey's nephew Sam does the actual posting over there.

I can’t believe there’s a discussion still going on in this thread.

Solo needs a new project. Remember the A-Z three years ago? Glorious.

"Solo" isn't some autonomous entity.
It relies on user-driven content.
If users have good ideas - they are free to share them.
The A-Z, if IRRC, had to be finished by myself due to waning interest and not wanting it to be incomplete (as it was all linked to the Wiki). Ranking subjective topics like 'best' song etc has been done to death, but anything new, interesting, novel... make some effort yourselves? There's been just 2 people (3 sporadically) actively trying to enter masses of data in to the Wiki, if that's anything to go by - I'm not sure much is going to change any time soon.
FWD.

The A-Z, if IRRC, had to be finished by myself due to waning interest and not wanting it to be incomplete (as it was all linked to the Wiki). Ranking subjective topics like 'best' song etc has been done to death, but anything new, interesting, novel... make some effort yourselves? There's been just 2 people (3 sporadically) actively trying to enter masses of data in to the Wiki, if that's anything to go by - I'm not sure much is going to change any time soon.
FWD.
Yeah the Smiths A-Z didn’t work out as well as the solo equivalent.

And I didn’t imply that you, FWD, were solely responsible for creating a new fun project. It was me thinking out loud.

For reasons that those who are better with IT than myself will understand, I can rarely see new items on Morrissey Central, I just get "old" pages when I search for it. Did Central ever apologise for misunderstanding and accusing people of a hoax? I thought the interview was ok, and that the resurfacing wasn't bad publicity at all.

Him and myself were out and about of a Saturday evening (last) and encountered a RIGHT HANDFUL at the Waldorf - our current watering-hole of choice when presenting ourselves to be admired. ANYWAY - said handful (SH) was an incredibly informative young chap and we were soon engaged in a deep and meaningful conversation about the blessed St Stephen of the 69 Wounds.

SO . . . SH informed us that he has gainful employment as an ACTUARIAL PROFILER for a major insurance company. I know, we didn't have a clue what it entails either.

However, cutting to the chase, imagine an act/performer rapidly expanding an already dubious reputation for reliability on the old 'the show must go on' malarkey.

What happens, basically, is that the aforementioned act/performer gradually finds it all but impossible to meet the insurance/public liability requirements necessary to undertake, say, a tour of provincial theatres and sports centres, let alone the mega-boxes of the big cities.

It is then nary a long hop skip and jump to the point where act/performer adds this to a personal Calvary of betrayal and treachery.

And, with that ringing in our ears, SH handful staggered off across London Road to Piccadilly where he was catching a train to Stockport to 'look up an old friend'. I bet he was.

thinking he doesn’t, since he moves around a bit. I agree, he needs a cat, they’re very grounding, and the cats he’s had in the past, have written some of his best songs.
Just watching the full concert from Tokyo 28th November 2023 and about 38:30 someone in audience asks what Morrissey wants and he replies "What do I want? Many things . . . house . . . I want a cat".

It would be utterly pointless to sue me...
Many replies were possible to what I wrote, and this one stumps me.

Read this again.

1709681842922.png

Why would you make it so personal, after all the work you put into Folk Devil? I thought your thesis there, and the basis of your involvement on this site, had to do with journalists who have been misrepresenting Morrissey, by dragging his name through the mud. How do you drag someone's name through the mud? You keep repeating half-true distasteful things, for one. See what I mean?

And then, to be enraged by posts made by Gashonthenail, who's always quite civil and open to debate, even if you're not on the same wavelength, instead of tackling the smearers with equal ardour, who routinely saunter about these pages, is baffling.

Maybe it's a sign of the times. These days we are beset by sanctimonious fact-checkers asserting certainty, only not uncommonly to discover some time later they were wrong.

Let's just keep an open mind, at least. It'd be a pity to undo all your energetic original sleuthing :)

Many replies were possible to what I wrote, and this one stumps me.

Read this again.

View attachment 102259

Why would you make it so personal, after all the work you put into Folk Devil? I thought your thesis there, and the basis of your involvement on this site, had to do with journalists who have been misrepresenting Morrissey, by dragging his name through the mud. How do you drag someone's name through the mud? You keep repeating half-true distasteful things, for one. See what I mean?

And then, to be enraged by posts made by Gashonthenail, who's always quite civil and open to debate, even if you're not on the same wavelength, instead of tackling the smearers with equal ardour, who routinely saunter about these pages, is baffling.

Maybe it's a sign of the times. These days we are beset by sanctimonious fact-checkers asserting certainty, only not uncommonly to discover some time later they were wrong.

Let's just keep an open mind, at least. It'd be a pity to undo all your energetic original sleuthing :)

It's more than a rumour when it's been part of a lawsuit & widely reported. It's not the same as the Twitter cases.

It seems more like promotion than debate...

FWD.
Well said

Oooh I don’t know about that. According to Morrissey, davidt writes all the comments on here, or at least the negative ones. Lol.

FWD.

It's more than a rumour when it's been part of a lawsuit & widely reported. It's not the same as the Twitter cases.

It seems more like promotion than debate...
The wall, is what I might as well be talking to. Are you aware you appear to be pursuing conflicting agendas and forging on regardless? For now it's allowed by the site, which has publishing responsibility :poop:

The wall, is what I might as well be talking to. Are you aware you appear to be pursuing conflicting agendas and forging on regardless? For now it's allowed by the site, which has publishing responsibility :poop:

Well, I'll try & find something nice about him somewhere... but me & this site are mean, perhaps but we're not going to lose a court case.

I do have to read media law - & while it was snarky about managers, it wasn't malicious, included that it was an allegation, can't make his reputation worse & was taken from mainstream reporting about a lawsuit that was dropped without further comment from either party that I know of.

Even if the conversation took place, I can't imagine it being serious - but - it's another sign of terrible management. Even if Morrissey is the most difficult singer on the planet - your actual job is to smooth things over & keep the ship afloat - not leave bad blood all over the place.

He can always prove me wrong by getting Morrissey's solo career back & keeping it there. I'd be delighted to change my opinion. I really want some nice new releases of his solo albums that I could buy from an independent.

Well, I'll try & find something nice about him somewhere...
⬆️ Exhibit A, m'lud. Malarkey is a space oddity.Vive Hate!

Btw, when you said it's about promotion rather than debate, were you referring to gashonthenail, or Morrissey, or Morrissey-solo, or the bodyguard, or the manager, or the writer of the legal advice note, or the man on the moon?

Would you consider leaving Morrissey alone one of these days, and moving on to torment some other unfortunate media figure, with all your hard-earned legal media savvy and what not?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom