Morrissey Central "PESTANA PALACE" (February 27, 2024)

Screenshot_20240227-211236.png

PESTANA PALACE

February 27, 2024
The 'new' Morrissey interview and accompanying photographs at Pestana Palace are a hoax. Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point.

The interview referenced is labelled "Published on Dec 31, 2014" and is found here:

(article image added to OP)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
thinking he doesn’t, since he moves around a bit. I agree, he needs a cat, they’re very grounding, and the cats he’s had in the past, have written some of his best songs.
whats new pussy cat.

Last edited:
I don’t know if it’s fitting, or simply tragic, but Morrissey has fell into every elephant-trap that social media sets for the analogue generation. Including the risks of delegating, to the kind of person who volunteers their services for free—which this Central response seems to evidence.

Apparently there’s a new Spinal Tap movie being filmed. I can’t help but draw parallels. It’s the fact that I once thought Morrissey could escape such indignities that makes the Central chaos so hilarious, and chastening.

‘Okay, come on son, bend over’: I hope Morrissey can raise a smile even as he endures it.

Very informative!

And lol at the scumbag comment. Spot on.
I've been coming here since 1997, but rarely stray off the main page. I do glean bits of things here and there and I have a few questions and would love if anyone would point me to the right thread where I can find the answers?

Whatever happened to Julia and TTY?

I see the name "Damon" pop up, always sounding like he's Morrissey's boyfriend. Is that right?

Why do people seem to dislike Jesse? / How did we end up in a place where Alain and crew are touring without Morrissey? Are the answers to these related?

I also seem to see lots of people doubting who actually posts at Central. Why? It's very obviously Sam posting whatever Morrissey asks for.

I've heard the 70's Elvis comparisons and it makes sense, I love Elvis and let's say Johnny Cash for example but I only listen to their 50's and 60's material which would be like Morrissey's Bona Drag/Your Arsenal/Vauxhall era. So really what do you expect? No artist gets better with age, they can sometimes surprise you (some of the songs on Dog are great) but it's mostly an embarrassing decline. And no the Johnny Cash records with Rick Rubin aren't good, so don't even start.

I've been coming here since 1997, but rarely stray off the main page. I do glean bits of things here and there and I have a few questions and would love if anyone would point me to the right thread where I can find the answers?

Whatever happened to Julia and TTY?

I see the name "Damon" pop up, always sounding like he's Morrissey's boyfriend. Is that right?

Why do people seem to dislike Jesse? / How did we end up in a place where Alain and crew are touring without Morrissey? Are the answers to these related?

I also seem to see lots of people doubting who actually posts at Central. Why? It's very obviously Sam posting whatever Morrissey asks for.

It's not obvious that it's whatever Morrissey asks for.

It's not obvious that it's whatever Morrissey asks for.

Technically, that's true. Sometimes it looks more like it's just Morrissey himself—trawling YouTube for amateur or AI covers or political content. Or making lists of famous people he's met and so on. "It's him and it's always been him."

🤨 His current tour manager allegedly...
Libel online, current.jpg

I don't mean to single you out, Malarkey, as mostly I don't think you realise the impact, and your intentions are good. But a high proportion of posts in some threads, such as the recent Bonfire of Teenagers update, are comments that meet the criteria, with moderators being among those who repeat allegations

The milk has spilled, and the horse has bolted, by which I mean, widespread control of these tendencies hasn't been working. Interventions to remove offending posts would cost time and money - although since certain posts are removed, is the conclusion that the standards are about something other than fairness and respect? The rise of online platforms has hugely aided AI development, with the vast supply of data involved. More notice is recently being taken of the effects of these trends, and I share for any not aware.

"As more people began to upload their images to websites, to photo-sharing services, and ultimately to social media platforms, the pillaging began in earnest"...

'“platform capitalism”... is an ideal framework for exploitation, given that workers bear nearly all the costs while contractors take no responsibility for working conditions."...

"From the standpoint of major AI ventures at the top of the extraction pyramid, pervasive wage theft is not a bug in the system, it is a feature"...

'"The technical AI research community relies on cheap, crowd-sourced labor for many tasks that can’t be done by machines.”'...from https://anoutsidechance.com/2024/02/06/warning-data-inadequate/

The horrific cautionary tale of the UK Post Office Scandal is an example of a case where a presumption of the correct operation of computers is at the heart of judgements.

“In the absence of evidence to the contrary, the courts will presume that mechanical instruments were in order at the material time”.

Here “mechanical instruments” include computers.

So, in other words, computers are presumed to be operating correctly, unless there is evidence to the contrary." - https://davidallengreen.com/2023/09...ption-that-computers-are-operating-correctly/

Rulings on this case should challenge why these presumptions exist, and if they should at all.

Still, the story of Brazilian Astrud Gilberto who died last year as marked on Central and Solo, shows something similar has been happening in the analogue world all along
https://davidallengreen.com/2023/06...tual-property-where-law-and-conscience-clash/

Also unconscionable though.

To return to right speech, although the messy immoral milieu of social media communications often erodes values, legal realities such as libel remain pertinent, and whether protections existed or not, everyone appreciates and deserves to be treated as innocent until formally proven guilty. Tormentors, take note!

View attachment 102202

I don't mean to single you out, Malarkey, as mostly I don't think you realise the impact, and your intentions are good. But a high proportion of posts in some threads, such as the recent Bonfire of Teenagers update, are comments that meet the criteria, with moderators being among those who repeat allegations

The milk has spilled, and the horse has bolted, by which I mean, widespread control of these tendencies hasn't been working. Interventions to remove offending posts would cost time and money - although since certain posts are removed, is the conclusion that the standards are about something other than fairness and respect? The rise of online platforms has hugely aided AI development, with the vast supply of data involved. More notice is recently being taken of the effects of these trends, and I share for any not aware.

"As more people began to upload their images to websites, to photo-sharing services, and ultimately to social media platforms, the pillaging began in earnest"...

'“platform capitalism”... is an ideal framework for exploitation, given that workers bear nearly all the costs while contractors take no responsibility for working conditions."...

"From the standpoint of major AI ventures at the top of the extraction pyramid, pervasive wage theft is not a bug in the system, it is a feature"...

'"The technical AI research community relies on cheap, crowd-sourced labor for many tasks that can’t be done by machines.”'...from https://anoutsidechance.com/2024/02/06/warning-data-inadequate/

The horrific cautionary tale of the UK Post Office Scandal is an example of a case where a presumption of the correct operation of computers is at the heart of judgements.

“In the absence of evidence to the contrary, the courts will presume that mechanical instruments were in order at the material time”.

Here “mechanical instruments” include computers.

So, in other words, computers are presumed to be operating correctly, unless there is evidence to the contrary." - https://davidallengreen.com/2023/09...ption-that-computers-are-operating-correctly/

Rulings on this case should challenge why these presumptions exist, and if they should at all.

Still, the story of Brazilian Astrud Gilberto who died last year as marked on Central and Solo, shows something similar has been happening in the analogue world all along
https://davidallengreen.com/2023/06...tual-property-where-law-and-conscience-clash/

Also unconscionable though.

To return to right speech, although the messy immoral milieu of social media communications often erodes values, legal realities such as libel remain pertinent, and whether protections existed or not, everyone appreciates and deserves to be treated as innocent until formally proven guilty. Tormentors, take note!

It would be utterly pointless to sue me for libel when the allegation was in a widely reported lawsuit.

Technically, that's true. Sometimes it looks more like it's just Morrissey himself—trawling YouTube for amateur or AI covers or political content. Or making lists of famous people he's met and so on. "It's him and it's always been him."

I don’t really see the connection between his lists, obits, the ‘nostalgic’ posts and most of the YouTube stuff/bridge photos, etc. Though, I think he may believe that’s what fans do, and so, that’s what fans might like to see on Central(?) And no, I don’t believe he endorses in whole or even cares to know, what a person of politics full agenda is or dietary habits, etc, are. Which of course is problematic. Though, not to him, lol.

I don’t really see the connection between his lists, obits, the ‘nostalgic’ posts and most of the YouTube stuff/bridge photos, etc. Though, I think he may believe that’s what fans do, and so, that’s what fans might like to see on Central(?) And no, I don’t believe he endorses in whole or even cares to know, what a person of politics full agenda is or dietary habits, etc, are. Which of course is problematic. Though, not to him, lol.

Enough of the dodgy stuff has turned up in the rancid dregs of the fansbase before winging its way to SER to make it very unlikely that Morrissey has bothered looking at it - or would turn on his dafter relatives after the fact esp. as they can always blame the music industry or the (genuinely) unfair press he gets.

I hope Team Moz come to their senses.

View attachment 102055

PESTANA PALACE

February 27, 2024
The 'new' Morrissey interview and accompanying photographs at Pestana Palace are a hoax. Morrissey has not been to Portugal for many years, and does not give interviews unless at gun-point.

The interview referenced is labelled "Published on Dec 31, 2014" and is found here:

(article image added to OP)

Related items:
The moderator's of morrisseycentral have got to check their facts. It's super obvious, to anyone that looks, that they didn't claim the interview was new in the post..💀

I am starting to doubt morrisseycentral's abilities to properly inform Morrissey fans ( the media doesn't provide any relevant information what so ever). It's troublesome that new Morrissey fans will most likely find Morrisseycentral their first information source, as that's the one seemingly most "official". Hopefully they find Morrissey-solo instead. 🙏

(People can actually comment and distinguish falsehoods here...)

The moderator's of morrisseycentral have got to check their facts. It's super obvious, to anyone that looks, that they didn't claim the interview was new in the post..💀

I am starting to doubt morrisseycentral's abilities to properly inform Morrissey fans ( the media doesn't provide any relevant information what so ever). It's troublesome that new Morrissey fans will most likely find Morrisseycentral their first information source, as that's the one seemingly most "official". Hopefully they find Morrissey-solo instead. 🙏

(People can actually comment and distinguish falsehoods here...)
Morrisseycentral has moderators?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom