Main
Sun, Sep 19 1999
Win a trip to Coachella from RollingStone.com

From Shannon:

RollingStone.com is offering the chance to win a trip to California to see Art of Noise at Coachella. But...since Morrissey, as well as several other amazing artists are playing at the fest, I thought you should know about the contest. You can catch all the details at this URL.

Comments / Notes (4)
Morrissey - on cover of NME

Not a feature, just the same mention which appeared on their website on Sept. 9. Scans and info from Smilingontim:

Morrissey appears on the front of the NME for the first time in many years. On page 8 there are a few UK tour dates.

There's a more recent item "Morrissey Gets Dates" (Sept. 16) on NME.com with the updated UK dates. First with the link is Matthew Zolan.

Comments / Notes (14)
Spencer feature story on MorrisseyTour.com

From Angela:

I just got a fax in today from Spencer (small scan included). I've put up "Spencer Shows His Legs Part II" on my site. In his response he reveals that one of his most memorable moments with Moz was a certain nude photo shoot they did together (Sounds fishy, huh?).

In the next few days I'll be transcribing his total response which will be posted in the Featured Story section of MorrisseyTour.com.

Sonnenblume's next performance is:

Acme Underground
Thurday September 30, 1999 11:00 PM

They are currently recording an E.P.

Comments / Notes (10)
Another Momus mention

From anon:

Sept 17 - At the CMJ Musicfest in a small NYC club, Fe3, Momus, who was headlining, mentioned Morrissey a couple of times during his time onstage. While introducing a song, he joked that many English men's lives were destroyed by Morrissey and in the song, sang "...wanted to kill Morrissey, and we wouldn't get arrested for it..."

One of the earlier bands, Stars, did a charming blues/jazz rendition of "This Charming Man."

Comments / Notes (5)
Polak places Smiths in top ten

From Zeke:

Polak, a relatively new band which has come from the ashes of Adorable and the Bardots, has placed two Smiths Albums in their top ten. The Smiths came in at number six, and The Queen is Dead came in at number nine. This info can be found at their website.

Anyway, the mention comes at a time when they are recording their new LP. Thought fans might be interested as Polak is quite good.

Comments / Notes (3)
Terence Stamp in The Limey

From Adam:

...Terence Stamp is interrogated at entertainian.com to promote the forthcoming film The Limey which is, in fact, is a sort of sequel to the 1967 Terence Stamp film Poor Cow (meaning that Stamp plays the same character in The Limey as in Poor Cow.) Considering that Morrissey has made reference to the 1967 film (and the fact that clips from that film are presented in The Limey) it may be something your readers would be interested in.

Thanks also to Bristol Nick for a link to another Terence Stamp interview at globeandmail.com.

Comments / Notes (3)
Poll: I buy the N.M.E.:

I buy the N.M.E.:
Very often / I subscribe
Occasionally
Rarely
Never
I check NME.com instead

Results | Past Polls
Comments / Notes (15)

* return to Morrissey-solo