Main
Morrissey - on cover of NME
Posted on Sun, Sep 19 1999 at 1:59 p.m. PDT
by David T. <[email protected]>
Not a feature, just the same mention which appeared on their website on Sept. 9. Scans and info from Smilingontim:

Morrissey appears on the front of the NME for the first time in many years. On page 8 there are a few UK tour dates.

There's a more recent item "Morrissey Gets Dates" (Sept. 16) on NME.com with the updated UK dates. First with the link is Matthew Zolan.

* item archived - comments / notes can no longer be added.

Comments / Notes

I am not subscribed and I donīt read the NME every week, but the last time I saw anything about Moz in the NME was the issue with a whole-page add for his Maladjusted album in it. I was thinking about adds in the NME and possibly related stories in the same issue. If I shouldnīt get to read a copy of the issue with the Moz cover - is there a Moz add in it?

Dorian Kray <[email protected]>
- Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 15:03:15 (PDT) | #1

man would i love to see it!

CaLiGulA <[email protected]>
CaLiFoRnIa - Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 18:19:31 (PDT) | #2

Long live Morrissey.

Javier
Los Angeles - Sun, Sep 19, 1999 at 21:22:11 (PDT) | #3

Thank you Morrissey, for touring again.
No thanks to the NME.
The prosecutor, the backstabbing crap-paper.
Let them all burn...

Peter Birro <[email protected]>
Gothenburg - Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 02:47:50 (PDT) | #4

thank the lord that the nme seems to be returning to a sensible music policy. after years in the wilderness, its about time this venerable publication cottoned on to what 'the kids' really want. lets hope for a two-page 'phranc' spread soon.

Billy Chorlton
Manchester - Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 04:48:48 (PDT) | #5

you think the nme is different now because they put moz in the cover or write about him?
they havent changed, nor they were terrible on the first place. it happenes often here that some musican sais something good\bad about moz, and judged according to what he said and not according to his music.
the NME nominated the smiths as the best new band of 1984, which is probably the only reason they got big anyway. all those magazines and tv\radio shows that ignore morrissey and the smiths do so not because they have bad taste, but just because they are obligated to put music that many people like, and beside us, nobody really likes morrissey or the smiths.
the reason they put him now, is because he is doing something he didnt do for a long time. it could be his tactic to get attention

noam <[email protected]>
israel - Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 08:55:38 (PDT) | #6

That is so Saweeeeeet. I don't
think that is a recent pic of him do
you????

Warren
Chespaw - Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 09:36:50 (PDT) | #7

no it is not, Warren, you simple simple man.

Corey <[email protected]>
- Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 16:12:59 (PDT) | #8

I have a feeling that Warren is not a man at all, but rather an absurdly self-absorbed young girl, perhaps named Anna, who has nothing better to do in life but to make inane comments which she thinks are clever. After all the reproaches strewn through these pages, I am alarmed to note she doesn't realise that to everyone with a modicum of intelligence, she is seen as a blithering fool.

Just a theory. Sorry to be so harsh but someone needed to point it out.

devil's advocate
hell on earth - Mon, Sep 20, 1999 at 23:59:21 (PDT) | #9

Corey, You mama's boy, your just still upset because Mrs. Cleaver aka(yo mama) won't allow you to go out to Smiths Night because your too young and she doesn't approve of that "rock n roll" music. Haaaaaaaaaa Sucks to be you. And Devil's Ad your just an Oscar Wilde lovin goon who thinks he's coooool but really is a foooool! haaaaaaa I'm OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Warren
Chespaw - Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 06:51:02 (PDT) | #10

This is so screwed up! Whay does some ubnoxious kid keep using this site to communicate to his gay friends? Warren - try email and stop wasting our time with your useless info. Remember this is a Morrissey site!

P.J.Harvey <[email protected]>
venice beach - Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 07:45:28 (PDT) | #11

You are totally right on Harvey - I mean even Corey and this Devil's Ad - you are just giving him what he wants - stupid ammo to continue his tirade of ridiculous opinions/ideas. This is supposed to be about MOZ and I have not learned one interesting fact except to know that Warren is a 15 year old boy who has never been laid. Not my idea of an interesting MOZ site.

Matt S. <[email protected]>
Niagara falls - Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 07:55:23 (PDT) | #12

Warren is awesome!!! Viva Warren and Chespaw - wherever that may be!

s.p.t.
flowergarden - Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 09:09:40 (PDT) | #13

What gives??? I make one freakin comment that this looks like an old picture of moz and all of a sudden a few dorks go postal on me. No I am not a chick and my sex life is none of your business so keep your pointless comments to yourself, got it!!!! Corey I thought you had grown up a little?? I guess I was wrong. Moz rules! I'm out.....

Warren
Chespaw - Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 09:39:26 (PDT) | #14

* return to Morrissey-solo